People that dye their hair

Do you think is says something about their personality?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
OP
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im curious what you guys think. And hopfully we will get some of the girl temps to answer as well.
Do you think they have something to hide?
Something they are running from?
Or do they go blonde to hog the spotlight?

I wanna know what you guys think.

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
white hair, to hide white hair some people dye their hair black.

i see some brown here. but don't ask them why.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It says a lot about people when they dye their hair.
It tells me that they're insecure or seek attention, depending on the color.

Demonbart

GBATemp's guitar hero
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I used to dye my hair black, but not because I was looking for attention, just because I was sick of being blonde XD
But I'm blonde again now, though I seem to care less these days
tongue.gif

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I think it differs really what the person dyes their hair. I mean I dye my hair a darker brown myself every couple of months.
Either way, I think if someone dyes their hair something like BRIGHT then they have some reason behind it.
If someone just dyes it something like brown and it's hard to tell, I don't think there is some big reason behind it.

Daizu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depends on what you mean by "dye." If they dye their whole head, then it depends on the color. If it's a natural color (Brown, black, blonde, certain shades of red) then they're probably just looking for a change or they like that color. If they're going all weird, dying it pink, green, every other color of the rainbow, then generally, not always, they're attention seeking. On the other hand, if they're just doing highlights, they might just want to look a little different.

When it comes to their personality, I'll probably say no. A lot of people dye/highlight their hair; just because it's not their natural color doesn't mean you know their personality and who they are, etc.

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I voted no, I've met some white boys with green colored mohawk, and they're cool as hell

ya'll should judge people by the color of their hair

D

Deleted User

Well i personally think its because people dont like there natural color and maybe something else to hide but i would never die mine

Ace

GBATemp's Patrick Bateman
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
Most of my friends who've done ridiculous dyes (black, silver, white, red, blue and fuck, all colors in between that end up grey) have subsequently lost a lot of respect from me. If you're beautiful as you are, why would you want to crap all over it by looking like some damn emo (read:Person who listens to Avenged Sevenfold, not emo as in a La Dispute listener) or scene kid or a vampire? And why does their hair match their "kawaii"-ness, or their MCR fandomship, or those stupid ass cosplay costumes or those cat ears that make no sense? And most of all, why connotate your appearance to your elitism? Concern is one thing; asking me if you look too much like *insert anime char. here* is just.... no.

Now I know I'm tying dyes down to personality here, and it's a long stretch, but that's the sad, unfortunate truth of people who dye in ridiculous colors in Sweden. Voted "Yes".

ACEDIT: Made some obvious changes from my original post.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
There was a girl I dated briefly in college named Elise who dyed her hair metallic blue. She looked like KOS-MOS. She was fuckin' smokin' hot. To my regret we parted ways at the end of the year as she was leaving for greener pastures, but damn she was fine.

My friend Amelia also dyes her hair on a fairly regular basis. It's red at the moment.

I don't think the choice of colour really says much about the personality, but the act of dying one's hair shows that you're fairly outgoing and don't really care if other people laugh at you for having unusual hair. Qualities I admire in my chosen companions. Hence why a lot of my girlfriends have unusual hair.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think that dying your hair is just another way to express yourself like getting piercings and makeup.

I don't mind, as long as it doesn't hurt them.

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Every decision a person makes tells you something about them. In this case it's that they're vain. Or ginger.

Remember kids - check the collar matches the cuffs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Oh sorry about that