People that dye their hair

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by BORTZ, Mar 22, 2011.

?

Do you think is says something about their personality?

1. yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. no

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. BORTZ
    OP

BORTZ "Another stunning Van Gogh"

Supervisor
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    Im curious what you guys think. And hopfully we will get some of the girl temps to answer as well.
    Do you think they have something to hide?
    Something they are running from?
    Or do they go blonde to hog the spotlight?

I wanna know what you guys think.

2. Nujui

Nujui I need something to do.

Aug 12, 2010
    United States
    Dreamland.
    My Sister dyes her hair every month. I think it has to do with not liking their hair color.

3. Devin

Devin "Local Hardware Wizard"

Aug 17, 2009
    United States
    The Nexus
    Well, I dyed my hair pink for the lulz. I've also bleached it before....Bad choice.

4. Narayan

Narayan desu~

Sep 29, 2010
    white hair, to hide white hair some people dye their hair black.

i see some brown here. but don't ask them why.

5. Forstride

Forstride The rudder moves when I turn the wheel

May 6, 2008
    United States
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Who knows. IMO, it's a waste of money, time, and the risk of chemical damage to your head/hair.

6. _Chaz_

_Chaz_ GBAtemp's Official Mook™

Sep 12, 2009
    United States
    It says a lot about people when they dye their hair.
    It tells me that they're insecure or seek attention, depending on the color.

7. Demonbart

Demonbart GBATemp's guitar hero

Mar 14, 2009
    Netherlands
    Lazytown, yarr
    I used to dye my hair black, but not because I was looking for attention, just because I was sick of being blonde XD
    But I'm blonde again now, though I seem to care less these days [​IMG]

8. Ikki

Ikki GBATemp's grumpy panda.

Jun 1, 2010
    Uruguay
    Montevideo
    It tells me what they had for breakfast.

9. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ I drool on my knife

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    I think it differs really what the person dyes their hair. I mean I dye my hair a darker brown myself every couple of months.
    Either way, I think if someone dyes their hair something like BRIGHT then they have some reason behind it.
    If someone just dyes it something like brown and it's hard to tell, I don't think there is some big reason behind it.

10. CrimzonEyed

CrimzonEyed GBAtemp Addict

Sep 3, 2007
    I would like to color my hair white or black or maybe both.

11. twiztidsinz

twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

Dec 23, 2008
    United States
    Judging others tells me a lot about you...

12. CarbonX13

CarbonX13 GBAtemp 台灣人

Aug 27, 2010
    Taiwan
    Vancouver, B.C.
    I tend to think that people that dye their hair lack confidence in their looks.

13. Jamstruth

Jamstruth Secondary Feline Anthropomorph

Apr 23, 2009
    North East Scotland
    Personally I'm bored of having brown hair so I'm considering dying it bright red. Its partly rebellion partly just I want a change.

14. Daizu

Daizu GBAtemp Fan

Feb 26, 2010
    United States
    Hell
    Depends on what you mean by "dye." If they dye their whole head, then it depends on the color. If it's a natural color (Brown, black, blonde, certain shades of red) then they're probably just looking for a change or they like that color. If they're going all weird, dying it pink, green, every other color of the rainbow, then generally, not always, they're attention seeking. On the other hand, if they're just doing highlights, they might just want to look a little different.

When it comes to their personality, I'll probably say no. A lot of people dye/highlight their hair; just because it's not their natural color doesn't mean you know their personality and who they are, etc.

15. RoMee

RoMee ??

Sep 3, 2010
    United States
    ??
    I voted no, I've met some white boys with green colored mohawk, and they're cool as hell

ya'll should judge people by the color of their hair

16. Wllmrly

Wllmrly Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 22, 2010
    United States
    USA
    Well i personally think its because people dont like there natural color and maybe something else to hide but i would never die mine

17. Ace

Ace GBATemp's Patrick Bateman

Apr 8, 2009
    Manhattan
    Most of my friends who've done ridiculous dyes (black, silver, white, red, blue and fuck, all colors in between that end up grey) have subsequently lost a lot of respect from me. If you're beautiful as you are, why would you want to crap all over it by looking like some damn emo (read:Person who listens to Avenged Sevenfold, not emo as in a La Dispute listener) or scene kid or a vampire? And why does their hair match their "kawaii"-ness, or their MCR fandomship, or those stupid ass cosplay costumes or those cat ears that make no sense? And most of all, why connotate your appearance to your elitism? Concern is one thing; asking me if you look too much like *insert anime char. here* is just.... no.

Now I know I'm tying dyes down to personality here, and it's a long stretch, but that's the sad, unfortunate truth of people who dye in ridiculous colors in Sweden. Voted "Yes".

ACEDIT: Made some obvious changes from my original post.

18. Blaze163

Blaze163 The White Phoenix's purifying flame.

Nov 19, 2008
    Coventry, UK
    There was a girl I dated briefly in college named Elise who dyed her hair metallic blue. She looked like KOS-MOS. She was fuckin' smokin' hot. To my regret we parted ways at the end of the year as she was leaving for greener pastures, but damn she was fine.

My friend Amelia also dyes her hair on a fairly regular basis. It's red at the moment.

I don't think the choice of colour really says much about the personality, but the act of dying one's hair shows that you're fairly outgoing and don't really care if other people laugh at you for having unusual hair. Qualities I admire in my chosen companions. Hence why a lot of my girlfriends have unusual hair.

19. Slyakin

Slyakin See ya suckers

Oct 15, 2008
    United States
    Soviet Slyakin
    I think that dying your hair is just another way to express yourself like getting piercings and makeup.

I don't mind, as long as it doesn't hurt them.

20. Depravo

Depravo KALSARIKÄNNIT

Global Moderator
    GBAtemp Patron
    Depravo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 13, 2008
    Purgatory
    Every decision a person makes tells you something about them. In this case it's that they're vain. Or ginger.

Remember kids - check the collar matches the cuffs.