People that dye their hair

Do you think is says something about their personality?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No actually I don't think you can tell much by IF a person dyes their hair.
WHAT they dye it to is a bit different.

Bleach blonde girls, especially with highlights are...whores, lol. I'm sorry if that's a generalization but i've known about 10 girls, and seen countless others who prove this statement.

Otherwise I really don't think dying hair means much other then maybe you're bored of your hair colour.
The only exception being if you're a skittle head (my friend taught me that word >.>). Skittle head meaning you dye your hair stupid colours, a lot. This is usually an absolute cry for attention and individuality. It looks pretty terrible too, especially once your hair starts to die from all the chemical abuse.

My sister dyes her hair and she's a good kid.
A few past friends of mine dyed their hair too, and were quite innocent girls.
Especially two of 'em. They just found it fun and didn't do it for any reason other then that.

So there could be plenty of reasons a person dyes their hair, it's pretty difficult to guess what a person is like just because of their hair colour.

Omninox

GBATemp's™ Retired Cheats Compiler
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
twiztidsinz said:
_Chaz_ said:
It says a lot about people when they dye their hair.
It tells me that they're insecure or seek attention, depending on the color.
Judging others tells me a lot about you...
This~

I know loads of people who dye their hair just for fun or to try out different things. While it may be true that some people do it because they don't like how they look, it's also true that some people just like to have fun. Me and 3 other friends dyed our hair once for an anime expo, does that mean we're insecure or attention seekers? No it doesn't. It's no different from trying out different hair styles (not to mention some hair styles look better with certain hair colour then others) xD

outgum

Pokemanz Master
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
i think that MAJORITY of people dye there hair to mix things up, get a little bit of change in there life, I put light blonde streaks through my dark blonde hair just to mix things up and do something alittle different, you have this STUFF on your head, that just sits there, why not do something with it?

So I follow with this arguement.
People who use hair product in there hair, Gel, Moose, Hairspray.
They are also putting this so called "Chemical Products" in there hair and being what TDWP FTW said as a waste of time.
So why do people use it?

So for all the people who are saying its need for attention and trying to cover something up, How is using Gel and hairspray etc any different? Just because dye is permanent doesnt change the fact its the same sort of deal.

I think that came out right... lol

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I'm not answering the poll question because there isn't a "Both" answer. Considering how vague you left it, that is the honest answer. My wife (a natural brunette) dyes her hair (natural looking colors) from time to time to just try a new look. Her personality has nothing to do with it. But there are plenty of others out there who do it for shock value, rebellion, and personal expression. So my answer, really, is that it is circumstantial to the person.

Trulen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The more I live, the more my stances on things change. My college life has changed many of them.

My guess to why folks dye their hair is because it's:
A) Inexpensive
B) Quick (a few hours, maybe?)
C) A change of scenery. Some might just get bored with their hair color and try something out. They can dye it back the way it was if they don't like it.
D) Personal Preference

Myself, I don't want blonde hair, and redheaded fellas aren't exactly high on the likeability scale, and I couldn't see myself sporting black.

Though, I do put hair gel in my hair. I use it to part my hair because it'd simply lay flat otherwise, and I really like my hair parted.

Oveneise

Trophies
Website
ACAdapterquotes.webs.com
XP
Country
United States
Oh yeah - it DEFINITELY shows something about their personality.

If its purple/green (not natural): Attention whore and/or failure at life

If its brown or blond(natural): Then they probably dislike their natural hair color.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Nah I don't think it says anything; dying your hair isn't any different to looking in the mirror and choosing which colour t-shirt to wear. It just lasts a little longer.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I can't believe some answers I read here
tongue.gif

It still amazes me how people can be close minded, and how people can generalize, make a judgment upon others simply by looking at them, without talking and getting to know them.

To simply answer the question, Do you think is says something about their personality?
YES, I think that any action one takes says something about their personality.....but WHAT it say, that's completely different thing.
SOME people will do it for attention, of course, some people will do it because they are bored, some might have lost a bet and have to do it, some maybe just want a change..there are MILLIONS of reasons, and they can be individual for every person.

I've had all kinds of weird haircuts, different colors, and trust me I really don't need to dye my hair to "seek attention", but if anybody here wants to label me like that....feel free to, it says more about you, then it says about me
wink.gif

outgum

Pokemanz Master
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Toni Plutonij said:
tongue.gif

It still amazes me how people can be close minded, and how people can generalize, make a judgment upon others simply by looking at them, without talking and getting to know them.

To simply answer the question, Do you think is says something about their personality?
YES, I think that any action one takes says something about their personality.....but WHAT it say, that's completely different thing.
SOME people will do it for attention, of course, some people will do it because they are bored, some might have lost a bet and have to do it, some maybe just want a change..there are MILLIONS of reasons, and they can be individual for every person.

I've had all kinds of weird haircuts, different colors, and trust me I really don't need to dye my hair to "seek attention", but if anybody here wants to label me like that....feel free to, it says more about you, then it says about me
wink.gif

Toni, Your wasting your time and you are seeking attention
wink.gif

Jokes,
Love you Toni
smileipb2.png

Ace

GBATemp's Patrick Bateman
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
Toni Plutonij said:
tongue.gif

wink.gif

Thank you. I wish I had made this point in my own post. It just happens that my friends/strangers in Sweden are so easily linked with their hair to their personality. I generalize because people with dyes in Stockholm are very easily connected to otakus and weeaboos and any other group that ultimately tends to annoy me, because they outnumber the amount of normaler people
tongue.gif

junkerde

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well if u talkin bout scene girls, then, it tells something bout them. no, they dont wanan be different, they cover up their ugliness with loads of makeup and bad hair.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
outgum said:
Toni, Your wasting your time and you are seeking attention
wink.gif

Jokes,
Love you Toni
smileipb2.png

Yeah, I do waste a lot of time, and I do seek attention....that's basically only thing I'm living for
tongue.gif

Good thing is that you all know that..

I could post bunch of my pictures here, just so all the "that's attention seeking" people could be right
tongue.gif

QUOTEThank you. I wish I had made this point in my own post. It just happens that my friends/strangers in Sweden are so easily linked with their hair to their personality. I generalize because people with dyes in Stockholm are very easily connected to otakus and weeaboos and any other group that ultimately tends to annoy me, because they outnumber the amount of normaler people tongue.gif.
Of course you can link somebodies looks to their personality..that's a natural thing, thing is, nothing should be definitive until you actually meet the person and get to know them, if you're going to judge them.

I'm simply speaking from personal experience..
Stuff like this happens to me a lot..

I learned not to care..
If you think bad of me without even talking to me, trust me, we don't even have to talk!
biggrin.gif

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
My mother dyes her hair so she's a good-for-nothing hoodlum. :3

Seriously though, it depends on the individual. Some people may dye to seek attention, some are curious, some think it'll make them look better etc. You can't really judge a person just because they dye their hair.

Sonia

Resident Bikini Gal
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dye my bangs purple and the rest of my hair black. My original hair is dishwater blonde.

I dye it, because I like it, and I'm a bit of a punk. XD

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People that dye their hair every week and a half are fickle.

zz3bd8a4de-550x310.jpg

Speaking of Ramona, my ex dyed her hair orange-red. It looked better on her than her real hair color. Maybe some people just want to look pretty.

Amphy2310

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I used to have brown hair then I dyed it black, I didn't have a reason I just always loved black hair and I think it suits me better.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr