Gaming People don't like us

D

Deleted User

Yet you still find lots of news about romhacks/translations on their site. How would they be possible without ripping content from videogame media?

D

Deleted User

The reason most hate “hackers” is because some “hackers” cheat on line, in games. I think it’s fine to be banned. Then again, I never use online services of a console.
Most of the stigma comes from the PS3 and Xbox 360 scenes are those are notorious for finding "hackers" in most online lobbies now. Unfortunately to the general public we are just one big group and all do the same thing

Reactions: slaphappygamer

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hilarious, so basically nintendo is telling SQ, you are blocked from eshop, now how are you going to play our games? My answer to them would be, by stealing all your games of course.

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The one part I don't like about the console being open is the cheating online. It really ruins it (and rarely play online but I remember playing MK8 on WiiU and it sucks playing with cheaters)
I agree with this wholeheartedly, I see no point in fucking with kids online and giving them no chance to win. Cheating online is a cancer, but cheating offline however, I see no problem with

Reactions: CuriousTommy

Darth Meteos

Entertainer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey you! That's right, you! Reading this now! I bet you're one of those people who doesn't want to click on the link and read a shit-tier article defaming Shiny Quagsire!
Lucky for you, Darth Meteos is here to bring you some of the best comments! I'll post a few as this thread gets boring to create discussion and lulz.
BulkSlash writes:
Wanna hear something effed up about Switch hacking? I won't name the device but a new Switch hacking device is coming and the developers of it sell you licenses, so you can only hack one system per license!!! So they're quite happy cracking open the system for piracy but don't want you to pirate their work. Utter hypocrites!

This guy knows what's up.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

... Cheating online is a cancer, but cheating offline however, I see no problem with
What's your stance on games like Splatoon or Pokemon, where people hack within the realms of the game because they hate the progression system or simply want to use endgame items, modes, etc?

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BulkSlash writes:
Wanna hear something effed up about Switch hacking? I won't name the device but a new Switch hacking device is coming and the developers of it sell you licenses, so you can only hack one system per license!!! So they're quite happy cracking open the system for piracy but don't want you to pirate their work. Utter hypocrites!

This guy knows what's up.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

What's your stance on games like Splatoon or Pokemon, where people hack within the realms of the game because they hate the progression system or simply want to use endgame items, modes, etc?
That's fine to me, However, hacking your stats on your pokemon so you can win is lame, you get a better feeling of accomplishment leveling them up yourself, at least I do anyway.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Darth Meteos

Entertainer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's fine to me, However, hacking your stats on your pokemon so you can win is lame, you get a better feeling of accomplishment leveling them up yourself, at least I do anyway.
Of course, and playing through the main story with a team you love is what everyone should do. But taking that team online is a great way to take a one-way trip to Sweep City. You need to spend weeks making a competitive team with perfect 5IVs, a perfect nature, the right moves, EV train it, then train it to an acceptable level. Instead, using PKHex to skip this enormous grind and get to battling is attractive for many. Especially since the metagame shifts all the time.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I need to go read comments there more often. The bit about don't hack a system to add new features was priceless, was going to quote it myself but Darth Meteos beat me to the punch.

As for legal ponderings. Their service, their rules. Plenty of things have account level bans coupled with hardware bans. Similarly it would be considered a prudent move to ban potential other sources of hacks if the would be hacker is foolish enough to share details between them. Indeed I am somewhat surprised to see that level of competence from Nintendo's online security division.

Naderino

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is too funny. I once posted an article about why the SNES Mini was overpriced since it's really just an FPGA Board / Raspberry Pi clone with a dedicated emulator on it. I got hated on and slandered pirate, and they kept going on and on as if the thread was about piracy. I'm sure those guys are the exact same people

Damn Nintenerds :P If only they could be like us. People who truly appreciate technology.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ