Hardware PDP Is Releasing New GameCube Controllers For Switch!

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PDP is at it again but this time, these new controllers are a bit more spiffy in comparison to the fight pads that were released for Wii/Wii U

PDP_GameCube_SmashPads_Social_1024x512.jpg

If you think the designs are just painted on, look closely...
WiredSmashPadPro-3-4_Right_Link_300DPI-1024x1024.png

as you can see from this Zelda controller, the character design is molded onto the controller. That's not all!

PDP_GameCube_SmashPads_Social_Link_Stick_1200x1200-500x500.jpg

Interchangeable C-sticks!

Between Power A, Hori and now PDP, it seems like we will have plenty of options for GameCube controllers!

Source here: https://www.pdp.com/blog/?p=855

Reactions: bennyman123abc

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
PDP is at it again but this time, these new controllers are a bit more spiffy in comparison to the fight pads that were released for Wii/Wii U

PDP_GameCube_SmashPads_Social_1024x512.jpg

If you think the designs are just painted on, look closely...
WiredSmashPadPro-3-4_Right_Link_300DPI-1024x1024.png

as you can see from this Zelda controller, the character design is molded onto the controller. That's not all!

PDP_GameCube_SmashPads_Social_Link_Stick_1200x1200-500x500.jpg

Interchangeable C-sticks!

Between Power A, Hori and now PDP, it seems like we will have plenty of options for GameCube controllers!

Source here: https://www.pdp.com/blog/?p=855
Errrrr you may want to fix the title of the thread lol.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My only gripe is that the Mario controller is not blue on the bottom. My wife is trying to decide between Power A's purple or PDP's Zelda. She loves the colors. I think I'm set for PDP's Pikachu. The character molds are WAY better than the painted on stuff that Hori is offering. Additionally, I never cared for turbo buttons. Something tells me that the PDP controllers might have analog springs for the triggers but be digital. They did the same for the Wii/Wii U fight pads. I noticed the lack of trigger view in the promo pics. My biggest hope is that they release for $25 each and if they make a Princess Peach controller, that will be first on my list!

Captain_N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All these gamecube controllers coming out. I still have the wii U smash bros bundle and i never used the smash bros controller. Still sitting in the box. I have extra gamecube controllers i bought years ago so i never really needed it.
Buying extra controllers 12 years ago really payed off

Reactions: SonicMC

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Damn if only they could make the D-Pad normal-sized like all other Nintendo Controllers, that would have fixed all the gripes I had with the original GC controller, they at least aknowledged the C-Stick thing, now it's normal sizes which is a GREAT plus, just the D-Pad please :P

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn if only they could make the D-Pad normal-sized like all other Nintendo Controllers, that would have fixed all the gripes I had with the original GC

controller, they at least aknowledged the C-Stick thing, now it's normal sizes which is a GREAT plus, just the D-Pad please :P

As much as I can remember, PDP always did full sized sticks for the right stick. This is the first time they're offering a C-Stick nub for us GameCube purists. Additionally, it looks like PDP improved on their "triggers".

wiredsmashpadpro-analog-stick-pikachu-300dpi-1532735641367_grande.png

On their Wii U set of GameCube controllers, ZL and ZR had a similar feel to the original GameCube triggers. Problem was, ZL and ZR were digital. You would have to press the triggers all the way down before the button press would register. This adds an additional second to your press. I believe the triggers travel has been removed on these new pads in favor or something more digital feeling that is still shaped similar to a GameCube trigger.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: I got this one - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DDHC5MV