SomberShroud

OP
Trophies
Website
hifi4everyone.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
There is a GPU usage show in some texture because of MSI afterburner did it work on game if we upscale it
Post automatically merged:

I upload some texture to check please upscale it so we check it works or not

There is always texture left because some people have not enough time to play and ps2 also dump texture wrong I play the to the end and then send you the texture ok

I have core i5 4th generation CPU I replaced it with core i5 6th generation CPU in some days
Was it good

Here link to all texture https://1drv.ms/u/c/f4ce8a5d6475446d/EVZIeuRVRs1GlM3MEnr0vnMB1bEfQw3CFBs7ZeTanb4JYA?e=Rq1q9f
I think take a look at it but don't upscale it I tell you time to upscale it
This game is gonna be a nightmare to upscale since most of the dumps are bad.
If you're really dedicated to this game then you can do it, I also noticed you did your own temporary upscale at only 2x. I'd like everyone to know I think 4xHDCube is the best single-model upscaler out there, I'd use it as a base before trying other models since the error rate is the lowest I've tested, though I haven't tried many other models outside of Waifu-2x-Extension-GUI.
anyway's I've labeled some examples of bad dumps in this link, you have much more to sift through.

Last edited by SomberShroud,

cvu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
This game is gonna be a nightmare to upscale since most of the dumps are bad.
If you're really dedicated to this game then you can do it, I also noticed you did your own temporary upscale at only 2x. I'd like everyone to know I think 4xHDCube is the best single-model upscaler out there, I'd use it as a base before trying other models since the error rate is the lowest I've tested, though I haven't tried many other models outside of Waifu-2x-Extension-GUI.
anyway's I've labeled some examples of bad dumps in this link, you have much more to sift through.
:arrow: https://www.mediafire.com/file/2d21aqvyvtbdn0x/SLUS-21385.zip/file
Ok leave bad dumps upscale some of them using batch upscale I check them it works or not

Also upscale bad dumps

Deglamong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello and thank you for offering to make the texture packs. I would really like to see a Mx Vs ATV Unleashed texture pack. Mainly because the back wheels of the motorcycles appear very squar around the sides but any improvement would be much appreciated. I don't think i dumped the files correctly because of the small folder size but i did my best. maybe you can figure something out or tell me what i did wrong. Here is the Mega Link: ht tps://mega.nz/folder/iwNx0IwC#VpWRINu9c6HmSho-XljNLQ And here is the serial SLUS-21104 and the crc 95BB1901. I am using the widescreen patch and the 60fps hack for this game and i also have 480p enabled in the in game menus. Hopefully i did this correctly for you. Thank you again.

SomberShroud

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Ok leave bad dumps upscale some of them using batch upscale I check them it works or not

Also upscale bad dumps
Even if the bad dumps are good, it's still not worth upscaling it because of the bloat they cause in the folder, I'd say anything beyond 10 textures is bad in this case.

:arrow: https://www.mediafire.com/file/1yq0oouwnuvewye/SLUS-21385.zip/file
Hello and thank you for offering to make the texture packs. I would really like to see a Mx Vs ATV Unleashed texture pack. Mainly because the back wheels of the motorcycles appear very squar around the sides but any improvement would be much appreciated. I don't think i dumped the files correctly because of the small folder size but i did my best. maybe you can figure something out or tell me what i did wrong. Here is the Mega Link: ht tps://mega.nz/folder/iwNx0IwC#VpWRINu9c6HmSho-XljNLQ And here is the serial SLUS-21104 and the crc 95BB1901. I am using the widescreen patch and the 60fps hack for this game and i also have 480p enabled in the in game menus. Hopefully i did this correctly for you. Thank you again.
I noticed you didn't check the in-game options first when dumping the game, also you should try using the "toolazy" cheat code to unlock and play every track vehicle and character if you haven't already.

Deglamong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello and thank you for the quick response and thank you for upscaling those textures. I highly doubt however that those were all of the textures. It seemed like it dumped more textures every time i raced an additional track so maybe i will try racing every track and location and then dumping the file. Hopefully you don't mind upscaling them one last time if that is the case. I thought i had checked all of the options and ticked the right settings in the emulator.. am i supposed to tick dump mipmaps also? Just lmk what i need to do if you can. I am gonna try and get every texture i can dumped and ill checkout the ones you did already. Also I am aware of all the cheats and settings in the game but i appreciate the help. Thank you again and expect an open correspondence from me with another proper dump.. (hopefully)

Oh man i just checked your work and WOW!! You did an amazing job. Everything that has been upscaled looks really good. And alot of the in game textures during gameplay look significantly better. That is amazing how fast you did that. The Menus and hud are freakin perfect now and it looks you might have gotten all the textures in game or at least as many as you can. I will still do what i said and race every track and event (worth doing at least) and then redump to see the results if there are more textures. I'm guessing there will be much more.. Ill check for your responce to my first reply to see if im doing something wrong. I posted a thread in the main group requesting this texture pack but i will delete that now this looks great. Thank you so much!! and ill post the final mega link if i can get more textures dumped. So stoked!

Alright it worked!! I was able to get every track (worth racing) and every bike and piece of gear. there are alot more textures than the original file but i checked over them and there seems to be no duplicates or errors :) Here is the link i compressed the file for you this time. Sorry if i said anything wrong or seem unprofessional i don't ever post in forums or anything like that and i really appreciate your help. Anyways heres the link to the complete texture dump. htt ps://mega.nz/file/T8FgTQSY#wNZfp2Z-WyoTj36KIYpB-rceZJFYX4EwNbPn-nnBQ2U

Last edited by Deglamong,

SomberShroud

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Hello and thank you for the quick response and thank you for upscaling those textures. I highly doubt however that those were all of the textures. It seemed like it dumped more textures every time i raced an additional track so maybe i will try racing every track and location and then dumping the file. Hopefully you don't mind upscaling them one last time if that is the case. I thought i had checked all of the options and ticked the right settings in the emulator.. am i supposed to tick dump mipmaps also? Just lmk what i need to do if you can. I am gonna try and get every texture i can dumped and ill checkout the ones you did already. Also I am aware of all the cheats and settings in the game but i appreciate the help. Thank you again and expect an open correspondence from me with another proper dump.. (hopefully)

Oh man i just checked your work and WOW!! You did an amazing job. Everything that has been upscaled looks really good. And alot of the in game textures during gameplay look significantly better. That is amazing how fast you did that. The Menus and hud are freakin perfect now and it looks you might have gotten all the textures in game or at least as many as you can. I will still do what i said and race every track and event (worth doing at least) and then redump to see the results if there are more textures. I'm guessing there will be much more.. Ill check for your responce to my first reply to see if im doing something wrong. I posted a thread in the main group requesting this texture pack but i will delete that now this looks great. Thank you so much!! and ill post the final mega link if i can get more textures dumped. So stoked!

Alright it worked!! I was able to get every track (worth racing) and every bike and piece of gear. there are alot more textures than the original file but i checked over them and there seems to be no duplicates or errors :) Here is the link i compressed the file for you this time. Sorry if i said anything wrong or seem unprofessional i don't ever post in forums or anything like that and i really appreciate your help. Anyways heres the link to the complete texture dump. htt ps://mega.nz/file/T8FgTQSY#wNZfp2Z-WyoTj36KIYpB-rceZJFYX4EwNbPn-nnBQ2U
Thank you for obtaining the dump, I started this because I wanted more upscaled games to exist since waiting for proper remasters will take forever. Thanks to the power of AI upscale models, we can finally get tolerable results without needing to hand make every texture (of course AI still isn't perfect, tiny text/images still need to be manually edited like the troy lee designs texture). Since you enjoyed using my service, why not consider making a thread and hosting the download on your end. That would help me out a lot if we spread the file sharing out. Also don't worry about mipmaps, The format I use for upscales has mipmaps baked into the textures (DDS) so no need to enable that. I would be happy to upscale more games as long as you provide the dumps! Also don't forget to include the bios save data texture in your dump, just add the one texture into your dump. In the future, you can "append" folders when zipping files to exclude them from the archive, you accidentely included the replacements folder in your zipped folder, just letting you know. If you want more personalized upscales for your games, It would help a lot if you organized your dumps folder the way I organized the replacements folder. I'll leave a link to the dumps folder as well so you can see how I organized the textures, for reference only 2 folders for organizing need to be made, HUD and Splash Screens/gallery. The difference between the 2 is Splash screens/gallery images appear in non-gameplay areas and are usually big images like 256x256 or 512x512 while in a menu while HUD is 2d Textures that DO appear in gameplay and would impact performance but tend to be smaller than Splash screen images. you can leave every other texture alone. Something to check when you play with replacements, the name on the back of the player, if you change the name is it still upscaled? also the random names of opponents have unique numbers/name textures tied to them, might wanna include that in the notes section of your thread "may be missing some name/number textures on the backs of riders" if it doesn't stay upscaled when changed. I didn't find the "now playing" music icon in the dumps, maybe it's an fmv dump? Might wanna enable it real quick just for that one icon, sometimes a normal texture hides in FMV. I spotted 2 bad images that were dumped repeatedly, They were 1024x1024, which is an image way too big for the PS2 at the time, I removed it, you can find it in your dumps folder by searching by "size". When you post your thread be sure to put the region in the title. I use 4xHDcube4 for my upscale model.
I'm going to bed so I'll just leave the folder link here check back in an hour after this post

Deglamong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for obtaining the dump, I started this because I wanted more upscaled games to exist since waiting for proper remasters will take forever. Thanks to the power of AI upscale models, we can finally get tolerable results without needing to hand make every texture (of course AI still isn't perfect, tiny text/images still need to be manually edited like the troy lee designs texture). Since you enjoyed using my service, why not consider making a thread and hosting the download on your end. That would help me out a lot if we spread the file sharing out. Also don't worry about mipmaps, The format I use for upscales has mipmaps baked into the textures (DDS) so no need to enable that. I would be happy to upscale more games as long as you provide the dumps! Also don't forget to include the bios save data texture in your dump, just add the one texture into your dump. In the future, you can "append" folders when zipping files to exclude them from the archive, you accidentely included the replacements folder in your zipped folder, just letting you know. If you want more personalized upscales for your games, It would help a lot if you organized your dumps folder the way I organized the replacements folder. I'll leave a link to the dumps folder as well so you can see how I organized the textures, for reference only 2 folders for organizing need to be made, HUD and Splash Screens/gallery. The difference between the 2 is Splash screens/gallery images appear in non-gameplay areas and are usually big images like 256x256 or 512x512 while in a menu while HUD is 2d Textures that DO appear in gameplay and would impact performance but tend to be smaller than Splash screen images. you can leave every other texture alone. Something to check when you play with replacements, the name on the back of the player, if you change the name is it still upscaled? also the random names of opponents have unique numbers/name textures tied to them, might wanna include that in the notes section of your thread "may be missing some name/number textures on the backs of riders" if it doesn't stay upscaled when changed. I didn't find the "now playing" music icon in the dumps, maybe it's an fmv dump? Might wanna enable it real quick just for that one icon, sometimes a normal texture hides in FMV. I spotted 2 bad images that were dumped repeatedly, They were 1024x1024, which is an image way too big for the PS2 at the time, I removed it, you can find it in your dumps folder by searching by "size". When you post your thread be sure to put the region in the title. I use 4xHDcube4 for my upscale model.
I'm going to bed so I'll just leave the folder link here check back in an hour after this post
Duuuuude!!! Thank you for tolerating my oversights. I figured i was doing at least something wrong ( I have never done this before but i am good with computers and i did my best with your instructions). And holy crap you did it! This looks amazing now seriously thank you. I really appreciate you taking the time to correct my errors as well. Im going to make a youtube video explaining why this game is such a gem even to this day and showcasing your texture pack and with your permission i would like to give you credit for making it. This game was already good but now its freakin amazing and the texture pack you made corrected that stupid error the emulator gets sometimes when it switches back and fourth to low and then hi res textures (the ground texture in game was doing it). It was like Christmas this morning when i woke up to your completed pack! You are cool as hell. Thank again.

cvu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
I play this to the end and I remember to enable dump texture and mipmap

:arrow: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/kd061p6akxse4/MX_vs._ATV_Unleashed
Yeah if you run out of storage you can tell me and I will host the link for you by your name

I forget to tell you my next game is chaos wars digimon world data squad mana khemia student alliance is also included I play this game in the future when I have time
I can play this game to the end and I give the full game texture link

Last edited by cvu,

killxua

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Hello, this is the Dbz Bt4 dump, it is the most complete it can be if you can improve the textures.

/file/d09laj37srikhzh/SLUS-21978.zip/file

It is mediafire if you can add it because it won't let me publish it with the full link

Ícono de validado por la comunidad

SomberShroud

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Hello, this is the Dbz Bt4 dump, it is the most complete it can be if you can improve the textures.

/file/d09laj37srikhzh/SLUS-21978.zip/file

It is mediafire if you can add it because it won't let me publish it with the full link

View attachment 422132
did you use the hotkey for dumping instead of leaving it on? this dump is massive, It's gonna take me a week or longer to clean it.

killxua

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
did you use the hotkey for dumping instead of leaving it on? this dump is massive, It's gonna take me a week or longer to clean it.
? All textures are necessary, this game, for example, requires 3 face textures for 1 character, in addition to the textures when they are injured. Well, I used waifux2 to improve the textures. I wanted to see how they looked with the one you use, but if you can't, that's fine.

Ícono de validado por la comunidad

CoomerGamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
South Africa
SomberShroud I'm not sure if you already told it but please can you tell whats the easiest tool to use to upscale for absolute beginners? I feel like no one is ever gonna do the games I want like True Crime NYC, Spider-Man 2, Test Drive Eve Of Destruction, and Crash N' Burn?

Deglamong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright I've got a complete dump for Mx Vs ATV Unleashed. I made sure i got absolutely everything in game it was not easy. I couldn't figure out how to get the game save textures but oh well. I have one favor to ask however. if it is possible for you is there any way you could find the texture for the motocross tires and make the edges more round looking so they don't look so square on the dirt bikes?? That alone would drastically improve the visuals in this game, its kindof an eye sore that im surprised the devs never fixed. If you cant round off the outsides of the dirtbike tires its alright though and i still really appreciate you. Playing the entire size of the game made me realize how much the texture pack improves everything, you just don't notice it sometimes because none of the texture shapes change. Here ya go

SomberShroud

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
SomberShroud I'm not sure if you already told it but please can you tell whats the easiest tool to use to upscale for absolute beginners? I feel like no one is ever gonna do the games I want like True Crime NYC, Spider-Man 2, Test Drive Eve Of Destruction, and Crash N' Burn?
Waifu-2x-extension GUI is very easy to setup but gives worse results than ChaiNNer models and requires a lot of manual fixing/changing models to compensate. Cupscale is free but I haven't tried it so can't verify it's difficulty. If you buy 4xHDCube from Venomalia he gives the setup he uses along with the files necessary to use the model so it's just about setting up ChaiNNer for the first time, just watch a youtube vid on that, that's what I did. Then it's simple enough from there unless you want to manually edit textures, which you do end up doing an equal amount of work when cleaning bad dumps. Also, Spider man games are notoriously hard to upscale cause of bad dumps and the PCSX2 devs don't seem interested in fixing that. I provide the upscale service on my end so you don't have to worry about upscaling if you don't want to. Just provide the dump by playing the game and reading my tutorial on how to dump.

Alright I've got a complete dump for Mx Vs ATV Unleashed. I made sure i got absolutely everything in game it was not easy. I couldn't figure out how to get the game save textures but oh well. I have one favor to ask however. if it is possible for you is there any way you could find the texture for the motocross tires and make the edges more round looking so they don't look so square on the dirt bikes?? That alone would drastically improve the visuals in this game, its kindof an eye sore that im surprised the devs never fixed. If you cant round off the outsides of the dirtbike tires its alright though and i still really appreciate you. Playing the entire size of the game made me realize how much the texture pack improves everything, you just don't notice it sometimes because none of the texture shapes change. Here ya go

can you take a screenshot of the wheel so I can see the blockiness, I'm having a hard time seeing any issue.

Deglamong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Waifu-2x-extension GUI is very easy to setup but gives worse results than ChaiNNer models and requires a lot of manual fixing/changing models to compensate. Cupscale is free but I haven't tried it so can't verify it's difficulty. If you buy 4xHDCube from Venomalia he gives the setup he uses along with the files necessary to use the model so it's just about setting up ChaiNNer for the first time, just watch a youtube vid on that, that's what I did. Then it's simple enough from there unless you want to manually edit textures, which you do end up doing an equal amount of work when cleaning bad dumps. Also, Spider man games are notoriously hard to upscale cause of bad dumps and the PCSX2 devs don't seem interested in fixing that. I provide the upscale service on my end so you don't have to worry about upscaling if you don't want to. Just provide the dump by playing the game and reading my tutorial on how to dump.

can you take a screenshot of the wheel so I can see the blockiness, I'm having a hard time seeing any issue.
is a photo of another mx vs atv game where the issue is more present. You see how the back wheel is very square looking on the sidewalls and not rounded on the sides giving the wheel a square flat unrealistic look whereas the second picture is more rounded on the sides. If you could alter that texture so that it is more round instead of square on the sides like the second picture it would greatly improve the look of the game
You see how in the first picture the back wheel is very square looking on the sidewalls and gives the wheel a blocky flat unrealistic look, whereas in the second picture (mx vs atv legends) it is more round and realistic looking? I know that legends is a newer game with much better graphics but if you could just make the back tires even a little more rounded on the sides or as good as you can i think it would seriously make a world of difference. It might only take the altering of one or two textures aswell. And either way Thank you big time as always. :)
E24C3E18-0B05-43F1-B770-516BA18BB933.jpeg64E5B27D-02C2-4817-84BB-0588D628D2D2.jpeg

SomberShroud

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
You see how in the first picture the back wheel is very square looking on the sidewalls and gives the wheel a blocky flat unrealistic look, whereas in the second picture (mx vs atv legends) it is more round and realistic looking? I know that legends is a newer game with much better graphics but if you could just make the back tires even a little more rounded on the sides or as good as you can i think it would seriously make a world of difference. It might only take the altering of one or two textures aswell. And either way Thank you big time as always. :)
View attachment 422319 View attachment 422323
I'm sorry to say that's not a texture issue, that's a model issue and would require modifying the game code/ISO in order to change which is outside of my skill range.
:arrow: https://www.mediafire.com/file/bodzv3b88zydygi/SLUS-21104.zip/file

Deglamong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry to say that's not a texture issue, that's a model issue and would require modifying the game code/ISO in order to change which is outside of my skill range. Also, I finished the upscale, expect DL in 5 hours.
Hellyea i really appreciate it. Should be epic. And no worries about the tire thing i figured it was a long shot anyways. Thank you!

SomberShroud

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
? All textures are necessary, this game, for example, requires 3 face textures for 1 character, in addition to the textures when they are injured. Well, I used waifux2 to improve the textures. I wanted to see how they looked with the one you use, but if you can't, that's fine.

View attachment 422167
This dump is missing the other languages cause this game dumps text on each screen rather than arranging text from a single texture. As a result, you would need to go back through all the menu's with every language that the PAL version supports to get a complete dump or just label your upscale as "Only spanish text upscaled". So I identified a repeating texture thats either a water or dynamic ground decal that would take forever to setup Symlinks to upscale properly, so I just removed them from the dump instead, leaving 20% of the original amount of textures and removed unneccessary black empty textures that made up 2% of the remaining dump. I ask that you host the download on your end, you don't have to make a thread if you don't want to just post link in a message and I'll include the download link on this thread's first post.
:arrow: https://mega.nz/file/tzUQyRxA#CyHa_zEAvilhdkKHWD4ddJvoPbIE0xnnVJ20M-Vwde4

cvu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
hello man please upscale SLUS-21735 i upload link in an hour
SLUS-21735.7z

And I forget to tell you that I delete bad dumps on my own you can check if any bad dumps left delete them for me thanks bad dumps end with little name right

Last edited by cvu,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Group statistics

Members:
Threads: