#PCMasterRace
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
So this thought just occurred to me

Sure the app doesn't save the file back to the game directly, but the current folder isn't everything either because it can't be used by the two available save managers (afaik)

Would it be possible to implement the following? (it should be ...)

> check if there is a folder structure for svdt
> check if there is a folder structure for savedatamanager

In case of svdt
> save the file in the matching folder

in case of savedatamanager
> save the file in that folder

In case of none of the above
> save the file in a new folder for savedatamanager and display a note along with the press B exit telling the user to download savedatamanager.

Stracker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
So this thought just occurred to me

Sure the app doesn't save the file back to the game directly, but the current folder isn't everything either because it can't be used by the two available save managers (afaik)

Would it be possible to implement the following? (it should be ...)

> check if there is a folder structure for svdt
> check if there is a folder structure for savedatamanager

In case of svdt
> save the file in the matching folder

in case of savedatamanager
> save the file in that folder

In case of none of the above
> save the file in a new folder for savedatamanager and display a note along with the press B exit telling the user to download savedatamanager.
I agree, I'll add that to my plans, or I might just directly export to game on the next update, I haven't seen anyone have problems with the actual save so I may just do that

Polymorph

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would still be a wise idea to do an automated backup before overwriting the save file in case of accidents or bad judgement. Chances are there's going to be someone who gets a corrupt save during the process.

Stracker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It would still be a wise idea to do an automated backup before overwriting the save file in case of accidents or bad judgement. Chances are there's going to be someone who gets a corrupt save during the process.
Yeah, that was the plan

supermariorick

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
all this did was corrupt my save file after i tried to edit EVs and i had to delete my save file then use svdt with the anti savegame restore patch to restore my save from the backup i made. lol great idea for making a PKHeX homebrew app but it needs work in the case of not corrupting saves

Favna

#PCMasterRace
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
all this did was corrupt my save file after i tried to edit EVs and i had to delete my save file then use svdt with the anti savegame restore patch to restore my save from the backup i made. lol great idea for making a PKHeX homebrew app but it needs work in the case of not corrupting saves
Don't blame the dev for you using an app that is still in alpha stage

Stracker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
That is really weird, the app never even changes anything directly on the save, It's theoretically impossible to corrupt your save without injecting it back, what kind of save where you using with it, what system where you on ?

Don't blame the dev for you using an app that is still in alpha stage
I'd actually disagree here, if a bug corrupted your save it's sorta my fault, I did make the error causing it after all. BUT, if you didn't have a backup and can't restore it you should not blame me !

Favna

#PCMasterRace
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Netherlands

I read through your reply again a few times and also checked what it exactly says on svdt because I never use that and use SaveDataManager instead then started wondering the following (trying to assess the problem right now)

When exactly did you do the anti savegame restore patch? Also when restoring the save which led to the corrupted save? Because for as far as I at least know it is not required to do anything with the Secure Value for Pokemon XYORAS. That.. or SaveDataManager does so nativly and I am not even aware of that.

Stracker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I read through your reply again a few times and also checked what it exactly says on svdt because I never use that and use SaveDataManager instead then started wondering the following (trying to assess the problem right now)

When exactly did you do the anti savegame restore patch? Also when restoring the save which led to the corrupted save? Because for as far as I at least know it is not required to do anything with the Secure Value for Pokemon XYORAS. That.. or SaveDataManager does so nativly and I am not even aware of that.

The main pokemon games don't need anything more than copying I think, I read the source code of SaveDataManager and it just does a copy of the files AFAIK

suloku

Trophies
XP
Country
The main pokemon games don't need anything more than copying I think, I read the source code of SaveDataManager and it just does a copy of the files AFAIK
The digital copies use antisavegame restore.

BUT if the save is read from the current save, and is written after editing, it should have no issues. The problem is booting the game (and saving) between the save backup and the save restore.

Last edited by suloku,

Stracker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France

BUT if the save is read from the current save, and is written after editing, it should have no issues. The problem is booting the game (and saving) between the save backup and the save restore.
That's good to know, I'll need to research that a bit, I have no idea how it works and how to circumvent it...

suloku

Trophies
XP
Country
That's good to know, I'll need to research that a bit, I have no idea how it works and how to circumvent it...

As I said, if you read, edit and save to the game, there shouldn't be any problem.
svdt takes care of antisavegame restore if you use svdt to restore the save, so there's really nothing for you to worry unless you want to implement some kind of way to edit and restore files from the sd card, which may be old files (I'd rather just use svdt to take care of the savegame restoring part though)

Stracker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
As I said, if you read, edit and save to the game, there shouldn't be any problem.
svdt takes care of antisavegame restore if you use svdt to restore the save, so there's really nothing for you to worry unless you want to implement some kind of way to edit and restore files from the sd card, which may be old files (I'd rather just use svdt to take care of the savegame restoring part though)

So there won't be any problem if I copy the savefile directly back to the game after reading it and modifying some data ?
Because that's the main thing i'm worried about in the end

suloku

Trophies
XP
Country
So there won't be any problem if I copy the savefile directly back to the game after reading it and modifying some data ?
Because that's the main thing i'm worried about in the end
That exact process won't have any problems.

May I point a sugestion? The first thing your editor does should be making a time-stamped backup of the save (timestamped so it isn't overwritten). That way, even if it messes up, the original save should still be available.

Stracker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
That exact process won't have any problems.

May I point a sugestion? The first thing your editor does should be making a time-stamped backup of the save (timestamped so it isn't overwritten). That way, even if it messes up, the original save should still be available.
That is the plan, I'm implementing an automatic backup and after that i'll do the export directly to the game

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BakerMan needs more expand dong