Homebrew PC has a 8in1 memory card reader can I burns games

timbojill

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PC has a 8in1 memory card reader can I burns games. Instead of buy all of that expensive illegal hardware ?

martin88

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can write games onto memory card with the card reader.

But you need a flashcart that accepts the memory card.

microSD goes with M3 Lite, SC Lite, EZ4 Lite, EWIN2 microSD, DS Link, AceKard
miniSD goes with M3 miniSD, SC miniSD, EZ4 miniSD, EWIN2 miniSD
(I might have missed some)

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Not unless one of the "8" says NDS Game Card.
huh.gif

blink.gif

laugh.gif

rofl2.gif

Yes, but NDS game-cards are for the most part read-only. (The only rewriteable part is the savegame area.)
An NDS card reader would be semi-illegal ("reading" is tantamount to "copying"), and an NDS card writer would only write to the savegame area. Unless you had a rewriteable NDS card... and that would be a flashcard.

What was the question again?

timbojill

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My question is can my 8in1 car reader on my pc burn NDS games. I dont have a credit card to by a flash cart thingy you guys are talking about. Anyone let me get this straight. What is a flashcart anyway.

Shinji

҉҉ ҉҉
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
My question is can my 8in1 car reader on my pc burn NDS games. I dont have a credit card to by a flash cart thingy you guys are talking about. Anyone let me get this straight. What is a flashcart anyway.

For everyone's sake, please read up on emulation and flash carts here.
And to assist you in your reading, here is the glossary.

Read up on all that and get back with us if you have any other questions.

Thanks

timbojill

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
read it on NDS emulation and from what I understand first you need a flashcart to store the roms then you need flashcart device that you put into the DS itself that acually runs the games. And finally you need to run the games. Am I correct.

Shinji

҉҉ ҉҉
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Close.

You need a flash memory (like SD or CF) to store the roms on then a flash cart device to put the SD/CF card into then put that into the DS itself.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
You need a rewriteable game cartrige. Such a cartrige is called a flashcard. From the data storage point of view, there are two types of flashcards: with built-in memory, or memory card adapters.

The ones with the built-in memory are simple: just plug them in the reader that you recieve with them, plug the reader in the USB on your PC, and transfer the ROMs; then plug the flashcart into your GBA and play.

With the adapter type ones you need a flash-based memory card to store ROMs. Such memory cards are used in digital cameras, some mp3 players, and some mobile phones. The 8-in-1 reader on your laptop can read and write to those memory cards. You then insert the memory cards into the adapter flashcard, plug it into the GBA, and play.

The flashcard you have to order via Internet.
If you don't have a credit card, you're stuck, unless your parents will order a flashcart for you.

For details, reccomendations, reviews, critiques and the like, read the "flashcart reviews", and the rest of the forum.

This has been a public service announcement.
Thank you.

timbojill

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I buy flashcard's at my local office max or Radio Shack ? Those are the two closest places I shop within walking distance.

timbojill

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool so what type of flashcards do I need to buy to test out on my 8and1 memory reader/writer ? Locally the only Electronic stores in my area is Radio Shack and Office Max.

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Any one of the 8 that is the 8in1.

If you want to use it with your DS if/once you have a flash adapter, you'd best re-read the thread and decide from there. Safe bet is SD, CF, miniSD, microSD (also called transflash).

BTW: many places accept other forms of payment that is not credit card. For example, you can link a bank account with paypal and pay through paypal with funds in your bank account. You can place an order, get a total, walk down to the post office or other western union client and send a money order. (depends on where you want to get the thing from, but there are more options than using a credit card, though credit card is the safest as they do have chargebacks/fraud protection)

wohoo

Trophies
XP
Country
when i bought my flashcarts from 01media i could order without a credit card. and then 01media sent the flashcart to the post office and i could pay with cash when i was picking it up. maybe you can do that too?

Edit: it might just be in sweden you can? i have no idea of that kind of stuff outside sweden
tongue.gif

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Some online stores have "cash on delivery"; you pay for the stuff when it arrives. Maybe you can pay for a flashcard this way.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo