Sword & Shield at your service
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok. so the thing is that I'm trying to pay someone for an item directly through Paypal. When I try to pay through the invoice, it keeps asking me to put a bank account to further the transaction. This is stupid because all I want to pay through is by credit card. Even while I tried to Send Money, it just gives me the same message. A year ago I paid on eBay auctions with a credit card but it worked out fine, but with items directly it's not the same thing? How do I get through this mess?

Diosoth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have 1 of 2 problems-

1) the invoice you are clicking on is a fake/phishing website that resembles Paypal and is set up to try and collect personal info. But as you seem to know about this payment, I'm guessing ths isn't it.

2) Paypal are run by greedy dicks that want your personal info. Nothing more. You are under NO obligation to provide that, and if they won't let you proceed without offering it, tell them to kiss your butt.

I ditched their half-assed service long ago. And if a seller won't take a money order then they don't get my business.

haringtonl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Idk what I'm talking about, but is your account verified? Don't you need a bank account and a credit card to get it verified and be able to use it. Correct of im wrong.

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, you need your account verified. Thus, a bank account to allow you to use your paypal without a limit and legitimately. I don't know if you can remove your bank account later though.

MasterPenguin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
My account is not verified, and I use prepaid credit cards all the time. [Literally, once a month.] Bit odd. All my transactions have gone through - except when MasterCard keeps canceling the cards. -.-"

At very worst, I suppose you should verify your bank account. It's pretty easy.

Link5084

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
MasterPenguin said:
My account is not verified, and I use prepaid credit cards all the time. [Literally, once a month.] Bit odd. All my transactions have gone through - except when MasterCard keeps canceling the cards. -.-"

You mean debit cards? And my parents won't let me add the bank account on the Paypal account, they just said use the credit card. Argh.....there has to be a way to pay someone with a credit card through Paypal. Why are they making things harder than they are? It's so gay.

UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
if you have a bank account, its probably just much easier to do a direct bank payment, which are faster, easier and free. not to mention just as safe for both parties, you need far more than a sort code to take money out of some ones bank account. ya know, its only what people have used for 100 years or so

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
MasterPenguin said:

no it's not, to verify my account they wanted me to fax them a bank statement from my bank account and i told them i don't have a fax machince, becasue of this i cannot get verified and have to stay unverified.

QUOTE(UltraMagnus @ Jan 28 2009, 10:50 AM) if you have a bank account, its probably just much easier to do a direct bank payment, which are faster, easier and free.

using a bank account is not faster than a debit card payment, if you pay via a bank account it takes 3 days to clear the payment, with a debit card it's instant and i prefer it that way, that's why i refuse to give pay pal my bank details, it's just to slow to use, and the fact i can't get verified anyway.

UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jalaneme said:
using a bank account is not faster than a debit card payment, if you pay via a bank account it takes 3 days to clear the payment, with a debit card it's instant and i prefer it that way, that's why i refuse to give pay pal my bank details, it's just to slow to use, and the fact i can't get verified anyway.

actually, most banks now use the (imaginatively named) Faster Payments system which means transactions are done in near real time.

mewcuss

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I had a Paypal account that wasnt verified and I use to have my friends put money on to it if they owed me any (I hate using credit cards). Then about a year ago Paypal restricted my account saying that someone unauthorised was trying to get into it and that to re open said account i would have to get it verified. After many emails between myself and Satan (I mean Paypal), they decided that I could have my account back but I couldn't put any money onto it (only take it off!!!).

Paypal want all their accounts verified nowadays, but, you don't have to use your bank account or credit details. You could just get a Pay as you go credit card (I got a voucher PAYG card - 3V), or not bother with Paypal and just send out a Postal Order (I use these a lot to British eBay sellers) or cheque.

Also, Link5084, the "but with items directly" statement at the bottom of your first post, was this still with eBay 'Buy Now feature' or did you mean that you tried to buy through another web site?

MasterPenguin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Link5084 said:
MasterPenguin said:

You mean debit cards? And my parents won't let me add the bank account on the Paypal account, they just said use the credit card. Argh.....there has to be a way to pay someone with a credit card through Paypal. Why are they making things harder than they are? It's so gay.

No. Prepaid credit cards - Mastercards. You can get them at any 7-11 (At least in Canada - Though the site does show them in the USA. Click Me For The Site) Anyways. All I need to do is plug in the credit card info, and send the money. I haven't done anything related to the bank - just a simple credit card addition.

Simply put - I go to the store, buy the card. ($25, $50, or $100), add the credit card to Paypal, and send the money for the purchase. Easiest thing you can do, with stubborn things like Paypal.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
UltraMagnus said:
actually, most banks now use the (imaginatively named) Faster Payments system which means transactions are done in near real time.

regardless, paypal gain more interest from you if you use a bank account, that's why they put pressure on you to use it, i personally don't like giving paypal my bank details.

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jalaneme said:
MasterPenguin said:

no it's not, to verify my account they wanted me to fax them a bank statement from my bank account and i told them i don't have a fax machince, becasue of this i cannot get verified and have to stay unverified.

QUOTE(UltraMagnus @ Jan 28 2009, 10:50 AM) if you have a bank account, its probably just much easier to do a direct bank payment, which are faster, easier and free.

First, I call bullshit on this post... the way PayPal verifies your bank account is they deposit 2 small amounts (pennies) into your account. When you are able to see these amounts (go to your bank, or wait for your statement), you enter these on the site, and it verifies your account.

When you GET money FROM PayPal TO your bank, it takes 3 days. When you PAY FROM your bank, it's as instant as debit/credit cards.

I've been dealing with PayPal for over 7 years now. I've bought and sold close to $100.000 on eBay... I know what I'm talking about...

UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jalaneme said:
UltraMagnus said:

regardless, paypal gain more interest from you if you use a bank account, that's why they put pressure on you to use it, i personally don't like giving paypal my bank details.

you seem to have misunderstood.

I was suggesting doing a direct bank deposit and bypass paypal entirely

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
UltraMagnus said:

bank transfer is the worst payment method you can use, if you use bank transfer and you are screwed over on ebay you are on your own as there is nothing you can do about your money.

QUOTEFirst, I call bullshit on this post... the way PayPal verifies your bank account is they deposit 2 small amounts (pennies) into your account. When you are able to see these amounts (go to your bank, or wait for your statement), you enter these on the site, and it verifies your account.

When you GET money FROM PayPal TO your bank, it takes 3 days. When you PAY FROM your bank, it's as instant as debit/credit cards.

I've been dealing with PayPal for over 7 years now. I've bought and sold close to $100.000 on eBay... I know what I'm talking about...

well in my case that's what they asked for, believe what you want to believe, hell google paypal sucks or paypal hell and then see how bad paypal really are, paypal are not a actual bank so they can hold your money if they wanted to and there would be nothing you can do about it, that's another reason i will not give them my bank account details, when you use your bank account the amount is sent to your paypal account and then you have to request for the amount to be sent to your bank, i just don't trust paypal with my money and i have a very good reason not to trust them, espcially when they asked for my bank statement via a fax.

i did went through the normal way of giving my bank details to them and them depositing two amounts into my bank account, after i did this it seems it was not enough for paypal and they wanted my bank statement aswell, so i removed my bank details from their website and didn't go through with the verified process.

Link5084

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jalaneme said:
UltraMagnus said:

bank transfer is the worst payment method you can use, if you use bank transfer and you are screwed over on ebay you are on your own as there is nothing you can do about your money.

QUOTEFirst, I call bullshit on this post... the way PayPal verifies your bank account is they deposit 2 small amounts (pennies) into your account. When you are able to see these amounts (go to your bank, or wait for your statement), you enter these on the site, and it verifies your account.

well in my case that's what they asked for, believe what you want to believe, hell google paypal sucks or paypal hell and then see how bad paypal really are, paypal are not a actual bank so they can hold your money if they wanted to and there would be nothing you can do about it, that's another reason i will not give them my bank account details, when you use your bank account the amount is sent to your paypal account and then you have to request for the amount to be sent to your bank, i just don't trust paypal with my money and i have a very good reason not to trust them, espcially when they asked for my bank statement via a fax.

i did went through the normal way of giving my bank details to them and them depositing two amounts into my bank account, after i did this it seems it was not enough for paypal and they wanted my bank statement aswell, so i removed my bank details from their website and didn't go through with the verified process.

Is it better to just pay with credit card and stay unvertified?

UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jalaneme said:
UltraMagnus said:

funny, exactly the same thing happened to me with paypal. paypal only give you your money back if they have money in their paypal account.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: