Patches for 5.1.0 Update

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Dr.Hacknik, Jul 22, 2014.

1. Dr.Hacknik
    OP

Dr.Hacknik Maniac | Dev | A Fellow (lewd) Megumin

Mar 26, 2014
    United States
    my lewd corner
    Welcome, today i'll be discussing some patch updates for the Wii U. These patches are for the Wii Mode. Im not sure what there patching but nintendo is keeping it quite. I recently encountered some probs on the update with the HBC. Some homebrew worked before but know it doesn't. So i'm suspecting as a homebrew developer, that most wii homebrew will no longer be functional. Some exploit hack patches are expected in the future. If you haven't updated your wiiU to "5.1.0U/E/J" (NTSC-U/E/J) then please do NOT update unless a patch has been developed for this one released by nintendo. Now your probably wondering...how do you know there is a patch, well i was experimenting with wii mode and discovered some patches(In Some Homebrew Apps) As well as 1 exploit was not working properly. So nintendo will probably release each update with un-announced or hidden patches for HBC related apps/hardware.
    So i recommend NOT updating tell its safe for us Hackers. Thats all i have to say...Bye!

2. WiiCube_2013

WiiCube_2013 GBAtemp Guru

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    There's already a topic to discuss the new firmware.

3. Dr.Hacknik
    OP

Mar 26, 2014
    United States
    my lewd corner
    Yes, but i didn't know before i wrote this.

4. WiiCube_2013

WiiCube_2013 GBAtemp Guru

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    I know that this is in the Hacking & Homebrew section but implying that the best for everyone would be not to update isn't exactly good advice.

A lot of people don't care about hacking (it's possible there's a large chunk here who do) their Wii U's but instead just play the games they have purchased as well as using the online services.

5. Dr.Hacknik
    OP

Mar 26, 2014
    United States
    my lewd corner
    Great point, but people like me would like to play homebrew use apps etc. on a wiiU system.

6. anon3536

anon3536 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 4, 2012
    United States
    So can anyone else confirm this?

7. Goku Junior

Goku Junior GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 27, 2013
    Argentina
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    The only things that I know that modify is the vWii, it adds a vWii channel, and a new IOS62, this IOS is for shop channel, I wonder if the channel will request you to update to 5.1.0 if you enter with 5.0.0 vWii...

8. mutinize

mutinize dazed and confused

Jan 17, 2014
    United States
    I updated and all of my homebrew is working as it was prior. The homebrew channel, homebrew forwarder, and USBLoaderGX haven't encountered any issues.

9. wiitf

wiitf Member

Newcomer
    Sep 27, 2013
    Lesotho
    Since updating, my console shuts down randomly while in Wii mode. It's shutting down "properly", with the disc-drive making noise before going into standby mode, so this isn't an external power issue.

However, I had the same problem before updating, albeit only when trying to play Mario Kart Wii through Wiiflow. Now it occurs before I can even open the HBC.

Just thought some of you would like to know. I don't know if updating made the issue worse or if it was something else.

10. c4p0

c4p0 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 22, 2013
    United States
    chilling with r2
    Thats why its in the hacking and homebrew section right? :angry:

11. wolf_

wolf_ GBAtemp Regular

Jan 22, 2012
    United States
    (Since updating, my console shuts down randomly while in Wii mode. It's shutting down "properly", with the disc-drive making noise before going into standby mode, so this isn't an external power issue.

However, I had the same problem before updating, albeit only when trying to play Mario Kart Wii through Wiiflow. Now it occurs before I can even open the HBC.

Just thought some of you would like to know. I don't know if updating made the issue worse or if it was something else)

I had the same issue as soon as I enter hbc it shut the wii u down so I just started using forwarders

wiitf likes this.
  12. OriginalHamster

OriginalHamster UStealthy

Nov 2, 2008
    Cote d'Ivoire
    What is that channel?

13. Goku Junior

Dec 27, 2013
    Argentina
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    I didn't saw it, I'm in 5.0.0 so I don't see it, but it is probably to be a hidden channel like EULA.

14. Anfroid

Anfroid GBAtemp Fan

Sep 30, 2011
    United States
    apparently its a hidden channel that is used to transfer vWii stuff to a new vWii with the new system transfer tool from what i can tell

15. Goku Junior

Dec 27, 2013
    Argentina
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    I was thinking that is the new tool added in the Wii U system O.o .

16. Anfroid

Anfroid GBAtemp Fan

Sep 30, 2011
    United States
    the tool is in the Wii U settings, the hidden channel in the vWii is most there so that the vWii settings get transferred over as well as the Wii U settings

17. Goku Junior

Dec 27, 2013
    Argentina
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    So, that's is the function of the vWii hidden channel? OK thanks for that information, I was getting curiosity about what it does that channel.