Hacking Pasta CFW Backup games online = ban?

aoisoraa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting a 3ds soon on 8.1.0. It's a european region locked model. That doesn't affect anything in regards to the hack right?

I'm working on getting Cubic Ninja atm but it's kind of hard to get a copy of it without spending haha.

I can update that to 9.2.0 to install Pasta CFW on.

I would appreciate if someone gave me a quick rundown on how to achieve this without bricking my device as it will be my first Nintendo product in almost five years now.

Now my question is, once I get backup games installed to the 3ds with .cia method; will I be banned for playing online with those games or is it fine?

Are there any precautions I can take to avoid a ban besides not playing online?

TOTAL NOOB at 3DS scene so please be gentle with me. I know none of the terms yet but I am experienced at modding consoles in general.

I also tried searching for this on here but I couldn't find anything.

http://imgur.com/a/17dXE

Thanks in advance for all of the help.

Randomdude0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
From i have learned, .cia titles are less likely to produce online bans as they dont have a header, which is present in game cards and .3ds/3dz files.

Now, about the cfw, I'd recommend using rxtools instead of pasta (ninjhax nor 9.2 will be required). The more of a noob you are the less you'll want to touch sysnand... But thats up to you lol.

There are some posts around here about how to set rxtools and the whole cia installation.

aoisoraa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
From i have learned, .cia titles are less likely to produce online bans as they dont have a header, which is present in game cards and .3ds/3dz files.

Now, about the cfw, I'd recommend using rxtools instead of pasta (ninjhax nor 9.2 will be required). The more of a noob you are the less you'll want to touch sysnand... But thats up to you lol.

There are some posts around here about how to set rxtools and the whole cia installation.
Ok, I'll use rxtools instead. Looks a lot less.. riskier. Thanks a lot for the advice :)

This doesn't need Cubic Ninja right since it doesn't rely on Ninjhax?

Also, in the imgur album I posted, the fw version showing is the sysnand right?

zomgteh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, I'll use rxtools instead. Looks a lot less.. riskier. Thanks a lot for the advice :)

This doesn't need Cubic Ninja right since it doesn't rely on Ninjhax?

Also, in the imgur album I posted, the fw version showing is the sysnand right?

Just follow this tutorial mate https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-rxtools-custom-firmware-3ds-and-2ds.390867/

I was in a similar situation (but I was in 4.3 though, so it's a little bit easier) and that tutorial really helped me. It's not hard, but you might run into a couple of issues, just ask around and someone will surely help.

And yes, that FW is sysNAND.

WhoAmI?

PASTA's dirty animal
Trophies
Website
lavanoid.github.io
XP
Country
Please DO NOT FORGET to backup your sysNAND. You can do this with the Gateway launcher. The NAND backup utility in rxTools, does NOT backup your NAND in the way that you think it does. Restoring a NAND image that was made with rxTools, apparently bricks the console.

So I repeat:

BACKUP YOUR SYSNAND WITH GATEWAY
DO NOT LOSE THAT NAND.BIN FILE!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I heard a good one at the bar last night, made me think for sec. - "If you are cold, go stand in...