Hacking Pasta CFW - A CFW that allows unsigned CIA to be installed on Old and New 3DS! (required ninjhax)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Perhaps I might have seen it if it not because of the pages of responses from people attempting to answer your riddle. I have no interest in participating in that, so as a consequence I have not read what the "answer" is, because I don't feel like wading through pages of people trying to guess the answer or speculating. You reap what you sow as it where. :P

motezazer

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Perhaps I might have seen it if it not because of the pages of responses from people attempting to answer your riddle. I have no interest in participating in that, so as a consequence I have not read what the "answer" is, because I don't feel like wading through pages of people trying to guess the answer or speculating. You reap what you sow as it where. :P

The answer is the first message of the page of your comment.

Alkéryn

Moon Dweller ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
So the answer is firmlaunchhax? I don't understand. I thought Pasta already does that because that's how the underlying exploit it uses to gain Arm9 control. I don't understand how that's a feature...

No, firmlaunch that will allow running upper games in ANY firmware versions (well, perhaps 8.0 might be a minima).

Reactions: Margen67

motezazer

Trophies
XP
Country
France
So the answer is firmlaunchhax? I don't understand. I thought Pasta already does that because that's how the underlying exploit it uses to gain Arm9 control. I don't understand how that's a feature...

The answer is firmlaunch : the ability to launch an upper FIRM, to launch upper games (like Pokemon Shuffle, Xenoblade Chronicles...)

emupaul

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Firmware 7.0.14U

PastaCFW App Reboots after applying patches. No Dev menu. Run Cubic again, to run FBI to install Menu and receive the following error? Any ideas or options?

Install Failed!
Could not install aPP.
Raw Error:0xs8e0806a
Module AM (0x20)
Level: Permanent (0x1b)
Summary: Invalid argument (0x7)
Description: Invalid signature (0x6a)

Try to boot PastaCFW 2 times, then to use FBI. If it doesn't work, then we definitely have to fix 7.0 offset

No go thanks for the advice. I can wait for now ;)

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Oh I see. I can see that useful for something like emunand. But launching newer firms means things like the eShop spoof CIA won't work anymore (because they would use exploits patched by the newer firm. A problem that Gateway currently has). I hope you have plans to deal with that...

motezazer

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Firmware 7.0.14U

PastaCFW App Reboots after applying patches. No Dev menu. Run Cubic again, to run FBI to install Menu and receive the following error? Any ideas or options?

Install Failed!
Could not install aPP.
Raw Error:0xs8e0806a
Module AM (0x20)
Level: Permanent (0x1b)
Summary: Invalid argument (0x7)
Description: Invalid signature (0x6a)

No go thanks for the advice. I can wait for now ;)

Bad offset. I will fiw that very soon.

motezazer

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Oh I see. I can see that useful for something like emunand. But launching newer firms means things like the eShop spoof CIA won't work anymore (because they would use exploits patched by the newer firm. A problem that Gateway currently has). I hope you have plans to deal with that...

I have options to port them to upper FIRMs, it's fine.
Of course, to install your CIA manager you will have to launch a 9.2 or less FIRM, but after that it's good to launch an upper one.

Alkéryn

Moon Dweller ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have options to port them to upper FIRMs, it's fine.
Of course, to install your CIA manager you will have to launch a 9.2 or less FIRM, but after that it's good to launch an upper one.

It's kinda hurting to know that you are 2 yo less than me and better in computing but I realy respect your work
and if you continue this way you will realy be a great dev^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Reminds me of that one Spanish guy who was in here a week or so ago, that wouldn't translate their messages.
  • Arne214 @ Arne214:
    ok sry
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I don't remember him
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @SylverReZ Si means yes, no means maybe
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Arne214, it's fine but dont ask for roms here again
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, I only know very little Spanish, haven't done it in 5 years lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, que tan poco?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I took 3 years of Spanish in high school, ages ago but don't remb most of it. Like they say, if you don't use it, you lose it.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, A bit. I only know greetings and some other parts. Its quite an easy language to learn.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    But I don't remember most of it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, easy to learn despite having some relatively complex rules
    +1
  • D @ dadadad:
    Should I just accept that I won't play this game anymore, or is there a way to solve this problem?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    For some reason I remember a bunch of swear words tho, lol
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, cuz we swear more than talk normally i guess
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @dadadad I would do like @The Real Jdbye said, they are very wise.
    +2
  • D @ dadadad:
    блядь
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You get your nap today?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With your wife
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Tell that B to bring me home some dinner, when you done with her...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mrs.B is what I call her she said she left you a $10 jack in the box giftcard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh ok, cool thanks, I found it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Kennyboy, have you found any decent mini Pc for around $200-250? Fast enough to play most Pc games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the acemagic still
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the...