Hacking Partition external HDD for both Wii U and vWii?

SpikeBolt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys, how are you?

I have the Wii U premium and always purchase digital games. I made the "mistake" of buying Super Smash Bros. digital version (which is HUGE) and now I ran out of space. Obvious solution is to buy an external HDD. The problem is that I already have an external HDD connected to both ports (Y cable) for Wii games.

Is it possible to partition the HDD in order to support both Wii U (eShop) games and Wii (vWii) games? Is there a tutorial I can follow?

If the previous alternative is not viable, would a powered USB hub be able to connect 2 external HDDs?

Thanks in advance.

pokeparadox

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys, how are you?

I have the Wii U premium and always purchase digital games. I made the "mistake" of buying Super Smash Bros. digital version (which is HUGE) and now I ran out of space. Obvious solution is to buy an external HDD. The problem is that I already have an external HDD connected to both ports (Y cable) for Wii games.

Is it possible to partition the HDD in order to support both Wii U (eShop) games and Wii (vWii) games? Is there a tutorial I can follow?

If the previous alternative is not viable, would a powered USB hub be able to connect 2 external HDDs?

Thanks in advance.

I don't think it's currently possible. But I can tell you that you can use a powered USB hub to power the drives. You have to connect the power cable of each drive to the hub and connect the data cables to the WiiU. You can't connect the powered hub to the WiiU and the drives into it.

75mak

Trophies
XP
Country
Is it possible to hide one partition (the fat32 partition with wii wbfs games) and let the wiiu see the other partition and format it as it wishes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-