Parents... sigh

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
I could tell you what my parents are like to show you that things could be worse, but my misery is pretty well documented around here and I can't be bothered to repeat myself. Suffice to say that if you've not died yet, you're doing better than me.

CrimzonEyed

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ritsuki said:
Just feel happy that you have parents who care for your safety. Trust me, it's something precious.

well you are right there, if you remove the faq that she hate games she is darn the most kind person in the world, almost to kind sometimes for her own best.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Some parents really don't understand gaming at all. One of my best friends was barred from playing Final Fantasy because it was 'too violent'. Hence why he got Barbie Horse Adventures off me for his birthday
smile.gif

Mind I can kinda see what his mother was getting at given that he kinda had difficulty discerning between game and reality. Such as when he saw the moon through a smoke plume from a fire at the chemical factory. By looking at the moon through that smoke, the moon looked blood red. He somehow got it into his head that the Lunar Cry was in fact real and he's been scared of the moon ever since. I am perfectly serious. So I guess that might have been responsible for the 'no Final Fantasy rule', which kinda makes sense.

I'm trying to remember why I was friends with this person when he clearly suffered from paranoid delusional psychosis...

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Blaze163 said:
By looking at the moon through that smoke, the moon looked blood red. He somehow got it into his head that the Lunar Cry was in fact real and he's been scared of the moon ever since. I am perfectly serious. So I guess that might have been responsible for the 'no Final Fantasy rule', which kinda makes sense.

I'm trying to remember why I was friends with this person when he clearly suffered from paranoid delusional psychosis...
You'll be kicking yourself when you find out that the moon really was trying to get him.

Aeladya

*mistressOFtheCLOW
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blaze163 said:
Some parents really don't understand gaming at all. One of my best friends was barred from playing Final Fantasy because it was 'too violent'. Hence why he got Barbie Horse Adventures off me for his birthday
smile.gif

Mind I can kinda see what his mother was getting at given that he kinda had difficulty discerning between game and reality. Such as when he saw the moon through a smoke plume from a fire at the chemical factory. By looking at the moon through that smoke, the moon looked blood red. He somehow got it into his head that the Lunar Cry was in fact real and he's been scared of the moon ever since. I am perfectly serious. So I guess that might have been responsible for the 'no Final Fantasy rule', which kinda makes sense.

I have a friend that thinks she's Piper from Charmed...She thinks her name is Piper, she thinks she lives in San Francisco, she also believes that her aunt's name is the same name from the "aunt" in the episode where they tried to bring a demon to life by making him a body of quilted human flesh so the demon would make them young again. Yeah she's weird and this girl should not be RPing. I also met someone in an X-Men RP that thought he really was a mutant from X-Men. Yeah there are some people out there that need some help...

TornZero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My mother plays the family's Wii and even the PS3, but only the casual games (and ones she has to actually pick out herself without having the thought of looking at reviews so we have a cluster of crappy [usually show-based] Wii games growing in the entertainment center and gathering dust). She's somewhat disgusted by my other games (such as the God of War series, the Shin Megami Tensei series [she's extremely religious and hates all that demon stuff, calling me twisted and Hell-spawn whenever she sees me playing the games in my room =.=], and even Fire Emblem and Super Smash Bros.).

Thankfully we can get her to have fun playing LittleBig Planet with the rest of us (even my dad likes to play games but he calls me twisted too =.=).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol