Parents... sigh

CrimzonEyed

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Parents sometimes can be such a pain in the ass. They tell you how to live, they tell you how to spend your money.

I LOVE to play games, it's like being in heaven when I play a really good game, like Metroid or Zelda and many other games. And having a mother that thinks games is for me what alcohol is for an alcoholic. She thinks games control me, make me antisocial and depressive. She can't even stand the sight of a game console. Before when I got my gamecube, I asked her if I could have in the living room instead for my bedroom since we had a much bigger flat TV there. Her answer?

Mother: No, I don't want that shit in the living room!

Me: Why?

Mother: Cause I don't want to see that thing and all the cables all over the living room.

Me: ehrm it's three cables... one for the electricity, one for the TV and one for the controller.

Mother: I still don't want it in the living room, I can't stand the sight of it and you will take over the living room by playing games all day so no one else will be able to use the Tv.

And so on, I could be able to discuss until hell froze, pig's fly and the sun dies! She would never let me have it in the living room. The discussion would almost be the same when I'm about to buy a game, console, handheld or anything that have something to do with games.

I have lived on my own for almost two years now, but I'm going to move back home to my mom because of some certain circumstances. I will not move until the end of September.

I was planning to buy a Black Wii next week and have already pre-ordered Metroid other M. I'm not going to have any problems playing it from the release sixth September - September 30. However, I talked to my mother on the phone today and when I mentioned the Wii it was like a poke gunfire with a burning match.

I want to have my Wii in the living room on her 42" HD TV, but she says that if I want to have my Wii at her flat, I have to have in the room I will be sleeping in, and the Tv in that room is an old Phat TV that is only about 18". The Tv I have home at my flat at the moment is a phat TV too, but it is at least 34".

When I asked if I could take my Tv with me she told me it's too big... so she wants me to experience Metroid other M on an 18" Tv?-.-

I also have kind of bad economy, I have done some work now over the summer and will get 4480 SEK (591,58$) for a two week job. It's not much, but it's better than nothing. To the Point:

I have those 4480 SEK (591,58$) to live on until September 30th, if I buy a Wii and Metroid other M I will have 2090 SEK (275,98$) left to live on the next two months. She thinks that it's better to wait with the Wii and Metroid until I have more money. (start to get money every month again Sept 30 1050 SEK each month, 138,65$).

I said I could make it on the 276$ for the two months and buy the Wii, she tells me I priority my money wrong, and if I buy the Wii before Sept 30 she will not even let me have the Wii in her flat.

Darn she sometimes drives my crazy *panting*
hate2.gif
I feel like to kill something/someone....
ninja.gif

EDIT: My first blog post!
grog.gif

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
Lol.

The main thing to remember is, if you have to live in someone else's house, no matter the reason, you have to do it by their rules. There's nothing wrong with an 18" tv. When I was young I only had a 12" B/W tv to play my C64 on...

c_house

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Holy crap dude!!! Thats like videogamers hell! The only thing my Mom did to me was when I was younger... Wait for it... I could only play on the weekends during the school year! What the hell was that? It drove me crazy, but then I realized I could play my GBA while I was "sleeping"
wink.gif

Aeladya

*mistressOFtheCLOW
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
c_house said:
Holy crap dude!!! Thats like videogamers hell! The only thing my Mom did to me was when I was younger... Wait for it... I could only play on the weekends during the school year! What the hell was that? It drove me crazy, but then I realized I could play my GBA while I was "sleeping"
wink.gif

My grandma only allowed me to play for one hour a week during summer break. I tried playing on my sister's GBA, while "sleeping", but my grandma told me she heard me and grounded me for 6 months. I doubt that, I betcha my sister told on me.

Neo_Ch!p

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
spinal_cord said:
The main thing to remember is, if you have to live in someone else's house, no matter the reason, you have to do it by their rules.
This

Most children think there parents might be unfair but most put regulations because they want you to have the best in life. Idk bout the op scenario but imo it sounds like a one side story
tongue.gif
You must have done something wrong for your mom to hate your VG consoles.

When I was a kid my parents only got mad at me and my consoles when I lost control playing them (meaning playing GB under the bed at night, wake up at midnight and play n64).

Either way I'm pretty sure your not bringing the Wii to your moms house...

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I admit parents can be unreasonable, heck when I'm a parent (or should I say if) I'll probably be just as unreasonable to them. Point is, you should try and obey, and 18", that's big enough, stop complaining.

[insert "that's what she said" joke here]

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
My parents put invasive keylogging spyware on the "family" computer. I'm not allowed to buy one of my own, and of course, our best computer is in my dad's room. This one doesn't even play Youtube with out the video going at 2fps and lagging minutes behind the audio.

(I'm on my secret Admin account. They know nothing. I have ultimate control of this computer.)

The Pi

Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Midna said:
My parents put invasive keylogging spyware on the "family" computer. I'm not allowed to buy one of my own, and of course, our best computer is in my dad's room. This one doesn't even play Youtube.

(I'm on my secret Admin account. They know nothing. I have ultimate control of this computer.)
Live USB's are very good
wink.gif

D

Deleted-247497

Midna said:
My parents put invasive keylogging spyware on the "family" computer. I'm not allowed to buy one of my own, and of course, our best computer is in my dad's room. This one doesn't even play Youtube with out the video going at 2fps and lagging minutes behind the audio.

wow thats stupid, if that were me i would remove that shit pronto, it sucks when people try to use that "computer surveillance" shit but they dont know what they are talking about and dont understand how easy it is to get rid of..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O:ohnoes::lol::rofl::rofl2: