tylerzentz

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Let me explain my situation first. I had a Wii whose disk drive refused to read dual-layer disks but the warranty was void (don't ask) so I couldn't send it in to be repaired. Because of this I purchased a new Wii and I want to do some softmodding on it. It has System Menu 4.2U
and a serial number prefix LU70- a very new model, I believe. I successfully installed the Hombebrew Channel on it and now I would like to install some wads through wadmanager; however, when I tried to install a wad I encountered an error that I can only bypass by downgrading the IOS. So here's where my concern comes in: I don't know whether it is safe to make changes to the IOS with a LU70 Wii on a 4.2U. Can anybody help? It would be greatly appreciated.

illinialex24

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I am not sure whether actually opening the system menu is safe with a downgraded IOS15 but any other IOS it isn't. Truly. So make sure you stay in Homebrew and use Trucha Bug Restorer 1.1 and make sure you reupgrade before you exit.

Gavry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Check xzxero's sticky guide for softmodding, Sticky: Modify any Wii 4.2 & below. You need to look at the 4.2 section.

That section if followed fully will give you a 4.2 system where you can pretty do anything you want from there. The guide is super easy to follow and VERY well supported.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1BDM1oBRJ8 +1