Hacking Paradox release Snes wiiremote Channel! (WITH BANNER!)

Ajax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you think that you could at least give a tutorial of some sort on icons? I'm not willing to work on banners yet because the chance of bricking my Wii is too high, however I haven’t heard anything dangerous about icons as of yet. I wouldn’t mind having a black banner, if I could only get the icons working.

megabug7

Forum Relic
Trophies
XP
Country
jayparadox said:
niemasd said:
are we gonna see a tutorial for this?
cuz this can be helpful for custom banners for injects... >:3
No tutorials yet. It's too risky to play with banners, and too complicated to make/hack them.

If there are loads of pages with people having problems with just a simple WAD, imagine tha pages with problems if a tutorial comes out... it would be caos.

So agree with this - Still can't wait until it's less complicated - I hate having four DKC2 banners
frown.gif

Nottulys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks jayparadox, it works well, as I've played this all morning. Whats wrong with the SRAM save or whatever? Savestates work like a charm so I was just asking.

On a side-note, I couldnt turn the wiimote on from the 1&2 Buttons, but I just pressed the HOME button and it turned on from that.

jayparadox

Trophies
Website
pokemon-project.com
XP
Country
Spain
Ajax said:
Do you think that you could at least give a tutorial of some sort on icons? I'm not willing to work on banners yet because the chance of bricking my Wii is too high, however I haven’t heard anything dangerous about icons as of yet. I wouldn’t mind having a black banner, if I could only get the icons working.
You brick your Wii working on Icons before you brick it working on banners
tongue.gif

The icons are loaded first, and if one is bad, the Wii menu won't boot up. But, if the banner is bad, you can still uninstall the channel w/o a brick.

megabug7

Forum Relic
Trophies
XP
Country
jayparadox said:
Ajax said:
tongue.gif

The icons are loaded first, and if one is bad, the Wii menu won't boot up. But, if the banner is bad, you can still uninstall the channel w/o a brick.

blink.gif
blink.gif
That's some serious information - did you brick yours while 'testing'
unsure.gif
?

jayparadox

Trophies
Website
pokemon-project.com
XP
Country
Spain
Fission said:
jayparadox said:
Ajax said:
tongue.gif

blink.gif
blink.gif
unsure.gif
?
I could have bricked my Wii over 100 times with all the tests I've made. But, I use a special DVD I've built that only loads the banner, and if the Wii freezes(equal to birck on installed channel) just have to remove the disk and reboot
smile.gif

megabug7

Forum Relic
Trophies
XP
Country
jayparadox said:
Fission said:
jayparadox said:
Ajax said:
tongue.gif

blink.gif
blink.gif
unsure.gif
?
I could have bricked my Wii over 100 times with all the tests I've made. But, I use a special DVD I've built that only loads the banner, and if the Wii freezes(equal to birck on installed channel) just have to remove the disk and reboot
smile.gif

Cool
smile.gif

I wish I could do half the stuff people do with consoles.

jayparadox

Trophies
Website
pokemon-project.com
XP
Country
Spain
Whizz said:
What will be your next project? How much things can you edit when you use a hacked VC banner?
Next project is to make baners for all the other channels, and all the VC injected games.

It would help a lot if anyone could upload banners from their ISO's to HERE, so I can investigate them and discover how to modify them better
biggrin.gif

sabatino

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
i want to extract the bnr from super paper mario, but trucha gives me an error message
frown.gif

edit:
i managed to extract it with wiiscrubber
biggrin.gif

Cyber-T

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
sabatino said:
i want to extract the bnr from super paper mario, but trucha gives me an error message
frown.gif

edit:
i managed to extract it with wiiscrubber
biggrin.gif

Ah, oaky. I make bnr's, too if you can see it Sabatino
wink.gif

Hope we get this together, that Paradox will be happy
wink.gif

lou_weed

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
-x1_0_nt- said:
kirbyman123 said:
dam no front sd

i know, it really sucks not having sd front loading.

what do you mean by no sd front loading ?
I'm able to load roms off the front sd , save/load states to front sd , and of course sram (theres a bug in the menu , you have to choose memcard - wii sd instead of the other type of memcard)

the only thing missing is changing button mappings on the wiimote - can someone release the source code so we can edit it and repack ?

death69inc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jayparadox said:
Whizz said:
What will be your next project? How much things can you edit when you use a hacked VC banner?
Next project is to make baners for all the other channels, and all the VC injected games.

It would help a lot if anyone could upload banners from their ISO's to HERE, so I can investigate them and discover how to modify them better
biggrin.gif

guess the banner how to issue is never going to be released

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But it's a dead end
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, people who cant download it can still play the game
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If your internet speeds are fast enough. Streaming 4k takes alot. I used to only have 20mb sec, and 4k struggled. Now I have 300mb sec and 4k plays fine.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i only have like 1 or 2 mb sec
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did you feed the hamster in your internet router? It prob died and is running slow now.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, why did you start saying my pc has a hamster in the first place?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its actua!ly just a old joke, meaning its slow. Was just kidding around with you.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I bet @AncientBoi has some hamsters hidden somewhere tho....
    +2
    I think Game streaming should work like this.... Local Hardware able the run the game fine, game engine and common assets stored locally, all FMV and music and textures could be streaming
    +1
    Some temporary storage
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also @BigOnYa im making some progress on my gdevelop project, implemented various mechanics
    They went all in on streaming, should have been more of a hybrid approach
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or free government supplied high speed internet be nice also. Like Obama care. Xdqwerty that's cool, its time consuming but rewarding once done or playable, to see what you've made from scratch. Animations take forever, but worth it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, although the bullets are a bit buggy
    +1
    Not to mention this would be a massive pain to pirate
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    and the visual aspect of the game is quite crude (the sprite that looks best is that of the protagonist just because he is a stickman with sunglasses)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There is a bullets behaviour you assign to your character, that makes the code easier, under "behaviours"
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i meant that when the character is pointing to the right, the bullets spawn where they should, but when he is on the right, they move to the right but the spawn point is incorrect
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Itch.io has lots of free assets also. Under the bullets behavior tab, there is a "rotate bullets" option, can try that. Or in the code can try
    - fire bullet Player.X(PlayerDirection)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im taking a break for today anyway
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    YEa gotta after a while, looking at code for long periods will bug your eyes.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool tho, I'm proud of you going back to it, not giving up. It is difficult at first to learn, but fun once you get the hang of it. I think I've watched every tutorial video there is, but I still struggle sometimes to get stuff to work right. But gotta keep trying dif things, and eventually you will get it right.
    +1
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zT-Cy-hap_Q