Homebrew paper mario ttyd worked once, now black screen?

kibawa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all, I'm a newbie to both gbatemp and console hacking.

After an arduous journey to set up the homebrew (having a mac as a primary computer definitely does not help) on my v. 5.5.4 Wii U, I was able to successfully install PMTTYD to my NAND through the WUP Installer GX2 and haxchi. I was able to successfully play it as well before I tried out Animal crossing, Fire emblem, and mario kart. I was able to successfully play those games as well.

Then, when I attempted to play TTYD again, once I selected the game from the Wii U menu, the system begins to simply hang. When I play on the game pad, a "Wii" symbol flashes for a moment, then both the TV screen and the game pad are just black screens. The gamepad still responds (like when I use the tv controls or i touch the screen) but the system continues to hang.

I can't even actually turn off the console properly. Turning off the console through the game pad just turns off the game pad and the wii u won't even turn off via the power button (I have to remove the power chord from the system just to shut it off while it hangs like this)

I've tried removing the PMTTYD software from my wii u via the data management settings and redownloading through the WUP installer countless times, same issue. Do I have to install homebrew on the console again? I *really* don't want to do that, but I'll do it if i have to. I really want to play this game. Other games seem to work fine.

Any help?

edit: To clarify, I'm running GC injections on my version 5.5.4 wii u through nintendont and haxchi. Sorry if any of these terms are used confusingly. If any other information is needed please let me know

Last edited by kibawa,

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all, I'm a newbie to both gbatemp and console hacking.

After an arduous journey to set up the homebrew (having a mac as a primary computer definitely does not help) on my v. 5.5.4 Wii U, I was able to successfully install PMTTYD to my NAND through the WUP Installer GX2 and haxchi. I was able to successfully play it as well before I tried out Animal crossing, Fire emblem, and mario kart. I was able to successfully play those games as well.

Then, when I attempted to play TTYD again, once I selected the game from the Wii U menu, the system begins to simply hang. When I play on the game pad, a "Wii" symbol flashes for a moment, then both the TV screen and the game pad are just black screens. The gamepad still responds (like when I use the tv controls or i touch the screen) but the system continues to hang.

I can't even actually turn off the console properly. Turning off the console through the game pad just turns off the game pad and the wii u won't even turn off via the power button (I have to remove the power chord from the system just to shut it off while it hangs like this)

I've tried removing the PMTTYD software from my wii u via the data management settings and redownloading through the WUP installer countless times, same issue. Do I have to install homebrew on the console again? I *really* don't want to do that, but I'll do it if i have to. I really want to play this game. Other games seem to work fine.

Any help?
make sure the nintendont loader is still on your SD ":/apps/Nintendont/boot.dol" and if it is try redownloading it from the github

kibawa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have to be in cfw to run those games
By this you mean running haxchi from the wii u homepage before launching homebrew/any gc injections right? and seeing the 99.99.99 version in the settings? I've been doing that and I'm able to play other games through haxchi. paper mario just doesnt seem to work

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

make sure the nintendont loader is still on your SD ":/apps/Nintendont/boot.dol" and if it is try redownloading it
I believe my files are correct but I redownloaded them from the github and tried again just to be safe. Same issue :/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-