Paper Mario TTYD 60fps patch?

ninnyjams

Sayer of Dumb Things
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the only thing I played in was 30, I could handle it. But I regularly play other things at 60 and 120, and this would be the first game at 30 in well over a year for me. In that case, it's extremely noticeable.

Also, to be perfectly honest, I think with Paper Mario's specific style, the higher FPS really benefits the animations. And finally, the original was 60fps and I see no reason to rush into playing an inferior version of an all-time great. I'll wait until it's the definitive version of this game

one-piece

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It's as simple as the physics are affected by the framerate, same as any game made that way. It's not that they lowered the FPS to change the timing windows -- they adjust the timing windows at whatever the game is running at -- and it's running at 30 because the Switch is extremely weak and outdated. There's nothing inherently harder or easier about the timings, they just need to be fixed as part of the mod, same as any increase in FPS for games that tie physics to the framerate. It's just a matter or someone -- whom I really appreciate -- doing the work to get this incredible game running where it needs to be, and that's not at 30
The fps affects the input lag and that is for every game, at more fps less input lag, the timing feels just a tad different for each performance mode due to having less input lag at 60fps.
Post automatically merged:

TTYDR Bug Tracker

LATEST ISSUES REPORTED IN THIS LINK (SCREENSHOT). EDIT: I won't update it due to I don't trust in this guy anymore.

FYI: This issue is a bad report and I talk about it here. It happens on Switch without any mods and at 30FPS but the guy who reported didn't update it. Edit: This guy doesn't care and keeps blaming it on the mod even when I've shown him that it happens at 30FPS without mods on Switch too. In his own words in a "skill issue". He even shared me his Ryujinx's settings to show me that my settings (we're using the same lol) were wrong as well as blaming Yuzu.

[Other - Could be emulators, GPUs, or 60FPS Patch]

Peach seems to teleport around during the dancing minigame, but is still completely playable

Talking about emulate the game. These are notes taken by a guy on a Discord server.

The Punis DO stop following you at 60fps, this is more noticeable when exiting a pipe. I can confirm it since I'm in that part of the game. if I disable 60fps (by the cheat) they start to follow you around. In your video the punies got stuck on the bushes and that is normal for they to stop following you, it's normal behavior even in 30fps. When in 60 fps some stop following you even if you are near them, and by returning to 30fps they start to follow you more consistently

Last edited by one-piece,

ninnyjams

Sayer of Dumb Things
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"The fps affects the input lag and that is for every game, at more fps less input lag, the timing feels just a tad different for each performance mode due to having less input lag at 60fps."

Yes, I know the input lag is lessened. That's the whole point. There is also the issue that the timing windows are sped up 2x, which is not supposed to be the case, which is why the patch/mod/cheat still needs work.

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It was tested for over a week and nobody reported issues, so I'm sharing here triple buffer exefs patch for 1.0.0 game.

https://github.com/masagrator/NXGraphicsPatches/raw/master/Paper Mario The Thousand Years Door/Triple Buffer/exefs_patches/PaperMarioTTYD_TripleBuffer/78F37BB55D015BE3B368EC22AF595455F1544DC1000000000000000000000000.ips

Put file 78F37BB55D015BE3B368EC22AF595455F1544DC1000000000000000000000000.ips to folder:
Code:
atmosphere/exefs_patches/PaperMarioTTYD_TripleBuffer

If some folder doesn't exist, create it manually.
And run game.

one-piece

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Thanks Masagrator, this will help to eliminate stutter when the framerate drops (im looking at you rogueport main square), and it also helps to save battery by using less OC to get a smooth experience at a cost of 1 extra frame. Which in this case it is better to have 1 extra frame of input lag at 60fps since it make the timings just a little close to the 30fps version compared with just doble buffer at 60fps. So it's a win win

dumbas21

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Using newest version of Ryujinx and the 4k mod, OpenGL runs the game fine at 60fps everywhere, but coins and save block turn black. Vulkan on the other hand hardlocks to 32fps when entering houses, but coins and save block are visible. Is there a fix for either of these? Or do I have to choose the lesser evil?

Nepeta

:33
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
for some reason i'm consistently crashing on the newest ryujinx when using the 60fps patch, does anyone know why? it crashes immediately for me if i'm using any resolution or the level of detail mod, and even with just 60fps and faster text speed it crashes after the loading screen for me every time. could anyone help?

edit: enabling 'alternative memory layout' fixed it. apologies if this was solved somewhere earlier in the thread

Last edited by Nepeta,

Florian1996

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I usually never do a comment or something like that but it seems i must do.

For me the Game gets only 45-50 fps in rougeport regardless if i use mods or not and regardless which settings i use.

I Play in ryujinx latest version with the latest switch firmware and i have also the alternative memory layout on.

My Hardware is: i5 10600k Stock settings,
rtx 3070 Asus dual OC 8gb vram with an undervolt at 1980mhz and 0.925 volt,
and 2x 16gb ddr4 2666mhz cl15 ram.

Does the triple buffer patch from masagrato can help me?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ have you wore a skirt before?