Paper Luigi And The Marvelous Compass(wish)

Status
Not open for further replies.

magicminion

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, for a long time I've been a huge fan of PM: TTYD. So big, in fact, it's my favorite game. It tops Wind Waker, BOTW, and even Mario Odyssey! But one of my favorite parts was the storyline. And I loved the fact that Luigi was going on a parallel adventure. My wish since I last played the game was a Paper Luigi And The Marvelous Compass ROM hack/mod. So, to you ROM hackers/Modders reading this, I challenge thee. Create a group, and make my(and other people I know) wish(es) come true! The animations are there, PL: TTYD ROM hack, and his partners even have their own animations in that one. Just perhaps change the moveset and create some maps(Discord has some people who could probably help with that) Make sure you've got the storyline down, some skill, and a lot of patience. I'd say it'd probably be around a year in development(though the maps in TTYD are pretty simple). Also, please share this to get the word out. I know many, MANY TTYD fans who want this. I don't have any skill to contribute, 'nor any ideas for enemys, bosses, ETC. So, I can't really repay this. I got no money. But I mean, if some people are nice enough to do this, it'd mean the world to me, and some other people.

skawo

Trophies
XP
Country
The adventures as described in the game would not translate into gameplay at all. Playing grass in a theater and being stuck in a featureless temple wouldn't exactly work, would it?

magicminion

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The adventures as described in the game would not translate into gameplay at all. Playing grass in a theater and being stuck in a featureless temple wouldn't exactly work, would it?
Hm, I forgot that bit. Perhaps altering the story a tad couldn't hurt, right? And I didn't mean fully. I mean't just enough so, well, it's hard to explain. There are plenty of areas in Luigi's story that probably couldn't translate to gameplay, but with a little altering, it could work. Y'know? I mean so it's relatively similar to the storyline. I know i'm not making much sense here, but it would make a fantastic game, no? Even with altering?

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry but for me this sounds like a horrendous Idea The whole Luigi side story thing was boring and not funny at all and was just basically Luigi doing exactly what Mario had just did but in a totally unbelievable way in some poorly made up world. Also you are being a tad ambitious saying it would take a year to make when in reality you would be looking at round about 6 months just to write the story and in game text then about a year or so to program all the levels ect then another 3 to 6 months playtesting and removing bugs ect.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, for a long time I've been a huge fan of PM: TTYD. So big, in fact, it's my favorite game. It tops Wind Waker, BOTW, and even Mario Odyssey! But one of my favorite parts was the storyline. And I loved the fact that Luigi was going on a parallel adventure. My wish since I last played the game was a Paper Luigi And The Marvelous Compass ROM hack/mod. So, to you ROM hackers/Modders reading this, I challenge thee. Create a group, and make my(and other people I know) wish(es) come true! The animations are there, PL: TTYD ROM hack, and his partners even have their own animations in that one. Just perhaps change the moveset and create some maps(Discord has some people who could probably help with that) Make sure you've got the storyline down, some skill, and a lot of patience. I'd say it'd probably be around a year in development(though the maps in TTYD are pretty simple). Also, please share this to get the word out. I know many, MANY TTYD fans who want this. I don't have any skill to contribute, 'nor any ideas for enemys, bosses, ETC. So, I can't really repay this. I got no money. But I mean, if some people are nice enough to do this, it'd mean the world to me, and some other people.
No one's going to spend the hundreds/thousands of (wo)man-hours to make this just because "it'd mean the world" to you. Maybe learn how to program and find some like-minded people so you can make your own mod instead of asking others to do it out of the kindness of their hearts. Or heck, if you're feeling really lucky why not workshop some scenarios and see if anyone would be willing to put them in the game for you, instead of asking other people to do 100% of the work for "no money."

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hate to be that guy but people make mods because the projects interest them personally. Nobody is going to do it just because some random person on the internet wants it, much less when said person has nothing to offer, be it through skillset or reward. And to say that it will only take a year of development given your background in making romhacks is extremely optimistic to put it nicely.

As I cannot see anything fruitful coming from this in the foreseeable future, I will be closing this thread. If indeed somebody is up for the task, they can make their own release thread after they have achieved significant progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up