PAL version of Tales of Symphonia

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Arch Feline, Nov 21, 2009.

Nov 21, 2009
  1. Arch Feline
    OP

Member Arch Feline GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I have played PAL games before on my Wii. I use Brick Blocker. I want to play the PAL version of Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World because it has added content.

The Wii turns on and the menu comes up when I insert the game. The DVD window shows Tales of Symphonia. When I click start, the TV screen goes blank and the Wii Mote turns off. I can eject the DVD and I can switch the Wii off. The Wii is OK after I eject the DVD and power off. I want to play this game.

Help?

2. Taik

Member Taik GBAtemp Advanced Fan

France
    You probably need to update your wii in order to play or install the needed IOS through softmod (or just use Safe 4.2)

3. Arch Feline
    OP

Member Arch Feline GBAtemp Regular

United States
    If the game runs on 3.3, it would be silly to update. As far as I know the game does run on 3.3.

SCRATCH that I just looked at settings and I am on version 3.1U. I am more of a techniphobe than I realized.

The only step by step guides that I have found are about soft modding your Wii and I do not need to soft mod my Wii. Also I do not use the shopping channel.

So I got it running in Black and White. Now I can go back to being a s.e.f.a. gamer instead of a s.e.f.a. hacker.

Thank you for the help.

thank you GBAtemp for the downloads and the tutorials.