Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PrinceNOOB said:
fudgenuts64 said:
jurai said:
WiiPower (i believe it was him?) speculated that the Sneek video patch change was to get Pikmin 2 working on NTSC sets, but so far noones had any success getting it going in 480i
It sucks this won't work on 480i. Not that I want to play it right now, but I'm planning on finishing the first Pikmin soon. There is absolutely no way to get this to work on NTSC?
Yes HDTV compatible with pal signals with component cable.
As I've already stated, I don't own component cables (but I guess my HDTV is compatible with PAL signals) and the game runs perfectly, so component cables apparently aren't a requirement if your TV supports PAL. The urge to get out the old CRT TV is growing, because I thought it worked there too, but my memory is really shit these days and I'm probably wrong about that. Maybe I just did some uber secret patching job on the ISO that nobody else has been able to figure out yet?
wink.gif

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You got it wrong. The game works, if it does not work for you, then your tv s***s. It's said to work well on NTSC tvs with component cables if i recall correctly.

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
You got it wrong. The game works, if it does not work for you, then your tv s***s. It's said to work well on NTSC tvs with component cables if i recall correctly.

Ah. So that is in fact the only way to get it working. Thanks for a quick response. =P looks like I will have possibly wait until I get a new TV then.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Silly americans with their silly TVs ;)

Silly europeans with their silly tv formats. International standard is 60Hz as well as the hardware frequency of almost all LCD and Plasma tvs, and then look in which format european sports events are produced.

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
... and then look in which format european sports events are produced.

Who the f... cares about sports!? jeez :O

Besides, my statement wasnt really about tv formats. The fact is that most EU TVs can display NTSC just fine, while a lot of US TVs cant display PAL correctly.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
My statement is: NTSC tvs only support 60Hz, european digital tvs work internally with 60Hz, but are usually fed with 50Hz interlaced video mode and convert it to 60Hz before displaying it.

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
My statement is: NTSC tvs only support 60Hz, european digital tvs work internally with 60Hz, but are usually fed with 50Hz interlaced video mode and convert it to 60Hz before displaying it.

Thats... retarded. :wtf: why go through all the extra confusing effort? ;O;

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country

That is very true. But if we just compare the TVs here, and not what they are fed, a PAL TV is better since it supports both PAL and NTSC :P

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
On my old crt with the right settings I can play the game in black and white. My gf's parents have a 32' Dynex LCD in their den that I hooked the Wii up to with standard composite A/V cables(Yellow, Red and White) and it plays in color! I was very surprised as I thought the only way to get it in color was with Component cables, regardless of the tv. So the right tv will play it with composite cables as long as the settings are correct, though I always have to hard reset the Wii after playing because it tries to stay on a PAL signal after playing the game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Jayro @ Jayro: Thanks for that bundle, I had the games already but got all the DLC for them for just $5. What a... +1