• Replies 161

gazab

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
also one more very weird thing is that when ever i press the - button to change the visor that visor menu just keeps popping up by it self after ward unless i go into morph ball

When I press - and get all that visor stuff up in front of the screen, the only way to get rid of it is to morph, which is VERY VERY annoying.

I also have the problem that in menus I have to press like 1cm above what I wanna press, this is not as annoying and is proberbly just cuse of my sucky tv, but the other stuff that just don't wanna go away is a bit more weird, shouldn't have anything to do with the tv

This has been answered earlier in the thread. You have to change your wii settings to use PAL 60Hz instead of PAL 50Hz. I had the same problem
smile.gif

Jastone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My screen is kinda blank for one 1/4 (top 1/4 of screen), is that meant to happen? Will changing to 60hz (where do i do that?) fix it?

- Fixed by changing to 60hz.

Maverick69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi,

I can't get it to work. The start screen in the wii channels give me a question mark as if the dvd wasn't recognised.
Does the iso need to be patched or something ?
I have a PAL wii 3.0E with a wiikey (and I don't care ending with double channels).

Thanks.

Clushje

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

I can't get it to work. The start screen in the wii channels give me a question mark as if the dvd wasn't recognised.
I have a PAL wii 3.0E with a wiikey (and I don't care ending with double channels).

Thanks.
A friend had the same problem, also with a WiiKey. Fixed by patching the iso region to PAL and reburning.

jaapie18

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Why is the wiki changed? Under 60 hz. This is standing. doesnt work switch to 50hz. It just work normal in 60 hz right. I don't have any prob in 60 hz

Friction Baby

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
1. Unpack RARs
2.The game was already NTSC-USA
3. Used Brick Blocker on the same ISO and burned a new DVD with it.
4. Put new disk in console and game loads in the Wii menu but when I start the game it goes black????

I have a Wikey installed all other games I have burned the same work fine.

Am I doing something wrong.

Maverick69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi,

Thanks.

A friend had the same problem, also with a WiiKey. Fixed by patching the iso region to PAL and reburning.

Thanks, I've patched and it works very well now.
smile.gif

Selxis

Trophies
XP
Country
1. Unpack RARs
2.The game was already NTSC-USA
3. Used Brick Blocker on the same ISO and burned a new DVD with it.
4. Put new disk in console and game loads in the Wii menu but when I start the game it goes black????

I have a Wikey installed all other games I have burned the same work fine.

Am I doing something wrong.

I'm not sure you should've used brickblocker on the ISO before burning it (depending on whetever you want to use the unplug trick or not). If you dont use the unplug trick, you'll get two duplicate channels (weather and news) which you cant use for anything but it doesnt do anything really... (from what I know) If you're going to use the unplug trick you need to make two copies of the game, one thats been brickblocked and one thats been regionfrii'd.
On the first page of this thread there is a a 13 step guide you can read on how to run MP3 without the two extra channels.

Duckula

Trophies
XP
Country
Is there a catch all solution to this problem yet? I have 2.2E firmware currently. What is the best option for playing MP3?

Selxis

Trophies
XP
Country
You should definitely upgrade to 3.0E before attemping anything with MP3.

As far as I know there is no real solution other than the the unplug way or simply play the game and update from the game and have two duplicate channels installed which doesnt do anything.

Yondaime

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi guys.

So, I tried the following:

QUOTE said:
1. Ofcourse download the game.
2. Extract the ISO-files with WinRAR.
3. Make TWO NEW FOLDERS.
4. Copy the original ISO and paste one into EACH of the new folders you have created.
5. Run ONE of the copyed ISOs (leave the original alone...!) with Brick Blocker.
6. Run the OTHER copyed ISO in Region Frii (convert FROM USA to PAL!) (dont know if runing it through Region Frii is necessary, but I did it...)
7. Now burn TWO discs. ONE with the ISO that was "BrickBlocked" and the second disc with the one that was "Region Friid" (keep order of which disc is Brick Blocked and which is Friid...!).
8. Now you have two copies of Metroid Prime 3, right?
9. Try to insert the BRICK BLOCKED game. Black screen. No problem.
10. Insert the Region Friid game. It will now say "Initiating Wii System Update" and you can press "OK". Press OK, then on the next message press "I accept".
11. NOW! Let the update run for SOME SECONDS. Let perhaps 10-15% of the bar get blue, then UNPLUG your wii console!!!!!!
12. Insert the power again, turn on your Wii. You do NOT have double channels now.
13. Insert the game that you Brick Blocked (the one that used to give you a black screen...). Let it load, and BOOM; it works. Now you have a working Metroid Prime game and a non-doubled Wii

Well, but somehow it won't work for me. At least the brickblocked won't work. The regionfrii disc is recognized by the console and the update starts and all, but the brick blocked disc won't be recognized by the console. I always get the question mark and it says that the disc is no Wii game. I tried to burn the brick blocked ISO two times, but it won't work. I mean, I should at least get a black screen, but my Wii won't read the game at all.

Did I do something wrong with the ISO? I mean, I started WiiBrickBlocker 1.3, chose the ISO and pressed "Patch". That's it, isn't it? I mean, there is also some kind of a patch iso in the BrickBlocker folder, but don't know what to do with it.

Can someone help me out?

Selxis

Trophies
XP
Country
While I cannot help you with your brickblocker problem (cause I have yet to try it), I don't think you need to use the unplug trick in order to play the game. I mean, can't you live with the two duplicate channels by just updating from the game (using a non-brickblocked/regionfrii'd iso)?

Yondaime

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
While I cannot help you with your brickblocker problem (cause I have yet to try it), I don't think you need to use the unplug trick in order to play the game. I mean, can't you live with the two duplicate channels by just updating from the game (using a non-brickblocked/regionfrii'd iso)?

Well, yeah, maybe, but it would be better if I don't have them twice. So if somebody knows what I'm doing wrong please tell me. And yeah, if noone knows, then I probably have to try it without the brickblocked disc and live with duplicated channels.

Selxis

Trophies
XP
Country
Well for one thing, there will probably be other games that will attempt to update nontheless, so personally, I'm just going to keep the other channels (ofcourse move them to the far away page on the right)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Playing the Judge Dredd arcade game prototype lol I can see why they didn't finish it but at the...