Paedophile caught after victim takes picture using DSi

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
But what good is throwing them in jail going to do? Does that give the victim revenge? Does it achieve some sort of satisfaction?
As @[member='Clydefrosch'] said, no matter how long you lock them up it's not going to change anything - let them out 20 years from now and they'll be even WORSE than when they went in. On the other hand, if you help the offender and forgive them, then not only will you feel better and far less angry / locked up but the offender can receive proper help and change. If you have the opportunity to help someone reform rather than let them rot in jail for the rest of their life, and refuse to take it then you are truly selfish and can see nothing but revenge.

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am sorry to hear that.

But what good is throwing them in jail going to do? Does that give the victim revenge? Does it achieve some sort of satisfaction?
As @[member='Clydefrosch'] said, no matter how long you lock them up it's not going to change anything - let them out 20 years from now and they'll be even WORSE than when they went in. On the other hand, if you help the offender and forgive them, then not only will you feel better and far less angry / locked up but the offender can receive proper help and change. If you have the opportunity to help someone reform rather than let them rot in jail for the rest of their life, and refuse to take it then you are truly selfish and can see nothing but revenge.
But it's not about revenge. It's about paying the consequences of the acts he just committed.

Reactions: 1 person

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I would request people please refrain from using my old post, it was something I didn't intend on posting and I would like to stay un-posted now.

Also I would like to see true justice done. They should suffer as much as their victims do in my option.

That's revenge not justice.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
He got 3 years for victimizing a child? What a fucking world. The only way 3 years is acceptable is if it's 3 years of solid torture. It should be much longer if he's just going to sit in a cell.
Oh well hopefully he gets an ass kicking by the other inmates for being a pedophile piece of shit.

Good on that girl for doing that. Really smart.

and just think, when the DSi was coming out, people were freaking out over the thought that the DSi would fuel pedophilia and make it easier.
This, so hard. As soon as they find out it's a pedophile, those 3 years will make him kill himself.

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
I am sorry to hear that.

But it's not about revenge. It's about paying the consequences of the acts he just committed.

You are missing the point. If he can REFORM and become a better man, and the victim can bring themselves to forgive them, then surely that is a better option for everyone? Forcing them to stay in jail without a hope of reform (when you could allow them that chance) IS revenge and heartless in my opinion.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
You are missing the point. If he can REFORM and become a better man, and the victim can bring themselves to forgive them, then surely that is a better option for everyone? Forcing them to stay in jail without a hope of reform (when you could allow them that chance) IS revenge and heartless in my opinion.

IF he can reform, then give the man help. However, just jail time (that short) won't DO anything long term.

gamefan5

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Really? That's what you're going so say? Do you know what's like for something like to happen to someone?

I would request people please refrain from using my old post, it was something I didn't intend on posting and I would like to stay un-posted now.

Also I would like to see true justice done. They should suffer as much as their victims do in my option.
You just took the bait by saying that. The difinition of justice is rather vague. While I agree with you, it won't agree with most people.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You just took the bait by saying that. The difinition of justice is rather vague. While I agree with you, it won't agree with most people.
I honestly don't care if people agree with me on this, still I am going make my leave from this thread and venture some where different.
Please no more quoting me, I don't want to draw attention away from this thread. Thanks for understanding.

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country

IF he can reform, then give the man help. However, just jail time (that short) won't DO anything long term.

Yes I totally agree. Just putting someone in jail is completely pointless in my opinion (unless nothing can be done to help them and they are a true threat to society (protection)) and whether they are in there for a day or for 20 years will not make a difference.

gamefan5

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am sorry to hear that.

And where in my post did you see I said that? I said that 3 years of punishment isn't enough. Of course he WILL have to be reformed but his sentence time is just too short.

Jennyfurr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's really ridiculous how he only got 3 years. I mean, he could go right after her again when he's released. There are a lot of crimes that don't get the proper punishment. What if you were that little girl? She is probably scared for the day that he gets out.

Reactions: 3 people

manuel1984

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
3 years? what a joke! 3 years are not even enough to be in a closed psychiatric hospital, this guy needs clearly more time to get help.

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
Forgiveness and retaliation won't work. People will always judge each other and find ways to destroy one another.

Furthermore, the TC spelt "pedophile" wrong.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It's really ridiculous how he only got 3 years. I mean, he could go right after her again when he's released. There are a lot of crimes that don't get the proper punishment. What if you were that little girl? She is probably scared for the day that he gets out.

... you realize that, if that man is ever able to get to that child again, its not him that should be arrested?
he will never ever get to that child again. this is not a cheap fanfic or a stupid criminal roman. molester go after the same victim again if neither the victim, nor anyone else steps in. now he was in prison, it wont happen again.

and @hells malice:
you realize that prisons and death sentences and whatever already are extremely expensive anyway? whats it, 50k a year per prisoner with another 500k per execution?
if you put in the money to fix people, it would eventually even out cause you save what it would cost you, when someone ends in prison a second or third time (which will then be more expensive cause usually, they will ahve to stay longer too)

Jennyfurr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

... you realize that, if that man is ever able to get to that child again, its not him that should be arrested?
he will never ever get to that child again. this is not a cheap fanfic or a stupid criminal roman. molester go after the same victim again if neither the victim, nor anyone else steps in. now he was in prison, it wont happen again.

so you're saying that no one has ever repeated a crime with the same person? You don't have to read a fanfic or whatever to see that, watch the news =/ I've seen plenty of real cases where the same criminal goes after the same victim again. Besides, she's a kid. If I was a kid and that happened to me, I'd be scared of it anyway. Just because someone goes to prison doesn't mean it magically makes them never commit the crime again. There's always a possibility you know. I doubt it would really happen, but it could, which is what I said.

Actinopterygian Melospiza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, she needs to be taken away from her parents. According to one of the sources she told her mother about it the first time it happened when she was 9 and NOTHING was done. I mean even if they didn't have proof to get him arrested they should have at least made sure their child was kept as far away as possible from this so called "family friend."

And the people talking about how he should get the shit beaten out of him and such are just plain disgusting. Yeah he did a terrible thing but you seem to fail to realize that people like this often have psychological problems that need to be addressed and causing physical harm to them is not the answer. It even says he has a "borderline learning disability," which is a PC way of saying he is almost retarded. Now don't get me wrong, I am in no way defending what he did, but suggesting torture and physical harm is borderline sociopathic behavior.

Reactions: 2 people

CrimzonEyed

Trophies
XP
Country
Coming from people in a country that still uses the death penalty. This is the UK we're talking about - we've moved on bit. He'd been a close family friend for a while and I'm sure 3 years is enough to deter him from re-offending. Any more would just be wasting us taxpayer's money and I'm sure most people would not want to spend an extra £40,000 (higher than the average wage) a year just because you want some sweet, juicy 'revenge'.
THE FLAG IS A LIE! (lol)

I'm from sweden were people get 1-2 year's or less for [censored] xD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Guess it's just a click then +2