Paedophile caught after victim takes picture using DSi

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by gloweyjoey, Mar 29, 2012.

1. gloweyjoey
    OP

Member gloweyjoey who??

United States
    [​IMG]

A girl in the United Kingdom put away a man who molested her thanks to the camera on her Nintendo DSi, using it to surreptiously capture his assault and force a confession.

John Fisher, 46, did admit to the abuse after his accuser (unnamed) snapped a picture of his hand groping her. Fisher's going to prison for 3 1/2 years as a result.

The girl, now 11, said Fisher, as a family friend, had abused her since she was nine yet nothing had been done until she "had the presence of mind," according to a prosecutor, to photograph him with the DSi. When the girl showed her mother the picture, she immediately contacted the cops. At first, Fisher denied the assault, but he admitted it when confronted with the picture.

"[The victim's] quick thinking in using her games console to take a photograph of him touching her," said a police representative, "provided indisputable proof of what had happened and she was brave enough to come forward and report the incident and give us a full and accurate account of what had gone on."

:arrow:Source
    :arrow:Source
    Smart girl. 3 1/2 years doesnt seem like long enough.

4 people like this.

2. mjax

Member mjax GBAtemp Fan

Heck yeah, DSi! Take that PSP, can you do it?

Also, welldone kid!

6 people like this.
  3. CrimzonEyed

Member CrimzonEyed GBAtemp's Assassin

Japan
    3 years? 15 at least....

4. FireGrey

Member FireGrey Undercover Admin

Australia
    Nintendo DSi, protecting you from pedophiles since 2008.

11 people like this.
  5. Hells Malice

Member Hells Malice Are you a bully?

Canada
    He got 3 years for victimizing a child? What a fucking world. The only way 3 years is acceptable is if it's 3 years of solid torture. It should be much longer if he's just going to sit in a cell.
    Oh well hopefully he gets an ass kicking by the other inmates for being a pedophile piece of shit.

Good on that girl for doing that. Really smart.

and just think, when the DSi was coming out, people were freaking out over the thought that the DSi would fuel pedophilia and make it easier.

6 people like this.
  6. Pong20302000

Member Pong20302000 making notes on everything

Japan
    coming soon advert

[​IMG]

10 people like this.
  7. 1Player

Member 1Player GBAtemp Regular

United States
    No, PSP can not do that because only kids buy DSi

4 people like this.
  8. Crystal the Glaceon

Member Crystal the Glaceon GBAtemp Inkling™ Squishies~

Antarctica
    You know what makes this worse, you download an MP3 and you can get 5 years and or a 250,000$ fine :mellow:

On-topic: Glad to see a sick freak get taken to justice.

IDK, I see more kids with PSP's than DSi these days.

3 people like this.
  9. triassic911

Member triassic911 Burst Mode

United States
    Woah, only 3 years??? People who do petty crimes get much more time in prison. Wtf?

10. Wizerzak

Member Wizerzak Because I'm a potato!

United Kingdom
    Coming from people in a country that still uses the death penalty. This is the UK we're talking about - we've moved on bit. He'd been a close family friend for a while and I'm sure 3 years is enough to deter him from re-offending. Any more would just be wasting us taxpayer's money and I'm sure most people would not want to spend an extra £40,000 (higher than the average wage) a year just because you want some sweet, juicy 'revenge'.

11. Hells Malice

Canada
    Deter from re-offending...what a joke.

Also i'm from Canada bro. You can tell by the little flag under my stats that has a leaf on it, not stars.

Frankly we'd save a lot more money if they cut out the non essential shit in jails. They can be fed a borderline nutritional slop once a day and kept in their 2' x 5' cell 24 hours a day. They're treated far too nicely considering they had to commit a crime to get where they are.

3 people like this.
  12. prowler

Member prowler Sony

United Kingdom
    Oh wow, are you DEFENDING him?

Wizerzak, once again you've just reached a new low.

4 people like this.
  13. Wizerzak

United Kingdom
    Take a read. You don't just throw people in jail for revenge you know.

Sorry, that was aimed at triassic911 and CrimsonEyed.

And that cannot be changed over just ONE (minor) offence. There's no point thinking theoretically about something that's not going to change within the next 5-10 years at least.

Also, @prowler I'm not defending him, I'm saying that 3 years is a suitable punishment for this offence.

14. Clydefrosch

Member Clydefrosch GBAtemp Psycho!

Germany
    people, you realize that some of you are in no way better than the guy molesting a child, when you ask for years of torture and stuff like that...

if you want to be a civilized member of society, you should rather think about how both, victim and offender, can be helped afterwards...

1 person likes this.
  15. prowler

Member prowler Sony

United Kingdom
    Ok, I jumped because I can't believe what you are saying.

What if it happened to you? Would you be okay with the man getting 3 years jail time? No, you wouldn't. You'd want him locked away for as long as possible.

In three years time, the girl will still be young and it can happen again.

2 people like this.
  16. Wizerzak

United Kingdom
    Yes, I would be perfectly fine. Three years is enough for a man to change and learn his lesson. He was a close family friend as well, suggesting the do not want him to suffer.

17. Hells Malice

Canada
    That depends if you consider criminals to be humans, which they aren't.
    Well, not a lot of them.

We put far too much faith in criminals, allowing them to potentially be rehabilitated, only to get thrown back in jail or end up dead after committing another crime.

The only reason execution isn't a common form of punishment for heinous crimes, is because people would tend to lose it when they think "I have nothing left to lose, when i'm caught they'll kill me anyway."
    Thus we have to promise to keep them alive, unfortunately. But that doesn't mean they have to enjoy it.

Maybe i'm a little biased. I've had friends affected by re-offenders, note the plural. People re-offend, all the time. Sticking them in a cage for a small period of time doesn't do anything. They'll likely just do it again. People die (or get hurt) because these idiots are given a second chance, so frankly i'm not willing to give people that chance in the first place. They commit a crime, they fucked up, they threw away their life. That's their issue, lets not give them a chance to ruin more lives when only a small percent of people are going to be rehabilitated.
    Criminals aren't people, they're rabid animals.
    At the very least, crimes against children need to be taken more seriously. They're sick and fucked up. 3 years for preying on a child? That's bullshit. Give him 3 years to reflect and be rehabilitated, and 12 years as a punishment for his actions. Sounds fine to me.

and please note I AM generalizing because i'm too lazy to list off every criminal who sacrifices their humanity for their actions.

2 people like this.
  18. Skelletonike

Member Skelletonike ♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀

Portugal
    I was reading the sources and didn't really see how far the molesting had gone...
    Anyways, I read that he had previous history regarding young girls. =S

I do belive it should be more than 3 years, I mean, in here anyone that does anything related to molesting has at least 5+ in jail... And my country is already friggin lenient regarding sentence times.

19. gamefan5

Member gamefan5 Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur

Canada
    I completely agree with your statement. 3 years of prison for raping a child, ridiculous. Heck, if the punishment isn't that severe, pedos won't hesitate to molest more children.

20. Wizerzak

United Kingdom
    It wasn't [censored]. As far as I can tell that's as far as he got (the 'groping').