Hacking Out of the Loop Couple Questions

Lubbo

GBAtemp Veteran Resurgence
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hey guys as the title suggests ive been out of the loop for a while with the switch (waiting for some new games)
I have SX OS Pro and my switch is on 6.0.1, is there any point to update to 8.x? if so do i just boot in ofw and update?

Also I havent turned on Wifi since i bought the sx os pro but im wondering if i am able to update and play fortnite online? I only have xci, no nsp installed, the fortnite is my original from the nintendo store...

ive tried fishing through threads for answers but none specific, i know once youve used cfw you should never go online because you risk a ban but maybe thats changed? what does it matter if you get banned or not you cant go online ever again (?)

Last question regarding convenience, to stay in CFW i have to keep in sleep mode... but eventually the battery dies if i dont dock it? is there any disadvantage to keeping it in sleep mode 24/7?
anything else in the scene i need an update on?

Last edited by Lubbo,

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
1) Better update to 7.0.1 if you don't need the Mario Odyssee of Zelda update.
2) Going online with CFW will get you banned sooner or later. There are different type of bans. You should probably read about it here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendo-switch-banning-hub-warning.508710/
3) I always keep my switch 24/7 in sleep mode. Never had any issues.

nantalos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
2) Going online with CFW will get you banned sooner or later.
Just adding on to this, because with SX OS there is a relatively save way to go online.

You just need to revert to a nand backup you made before using any cfw, delete your internet settings, then make an emunand and enable it.
Then if you boot normally (without a jig or injecting a payload) you end up in a clean sysnand that you can go online with.
And booting into SX OS boots you into emunand where you can use homebrew and all that, but not go online.

For now that is save if your sysnand is actually clean. But it would be easy enough for Nintendo to start detecting it.

Reactions: pLaYeR^^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yWIobzBdKc