Hacking Out of Region DLC for SMT4 Apocalypse not working

goldensun695

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I've tried everything to get my Out of Region DLC to work on B9S Luma 8.0. I've read the wiki on Aurora Wright's website and even applied the Luma Locale Switcher to no avail.

Background: I am trying to get a (USA) Shin Megami Tensei 4 Apocalypse and (USA DLC) to work on an Australian N3DSXL Console (EUR Region)

As per instructions, I manually created a "titles folder" in the Luma folder and added a sub folder with the title ID "000400000019A200". Then I added a locales.txt with "USA EN".

Also using the Luma Locale Switcher, I changed the game SMT4 Apocalypse to USA region with EN language. I did the same for the DLC.

Result: When starting SMT4 Apocalypse, I get a "DLC cannot be recognised error", then the game loads afterwards. Tried re-downloading and reinstalling the DLC several times but same issue.

Advice: Based on the above, can anyone offer an opinion or advice to resolve this?

FYI, the euro DLC is not available

Last edited by goldensun695,

goldensun695

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
@omarroms, thanks I'll replace the boot.firm on my SD card, hopefully it works! BTW, I noticed that there were a couple extra characters mentioned in the thread e.g. "USA EN (NT 01)"

Most guides only suggest adding the first part (USA EN), do you know what the second part (NT 01) is meant to do?

Chrisssj2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@omarroms, thanks I'll replace the boot.firm on my SD card, hopefully it works! BTW, I noticed that there were a couple extra characters mentioned in the thread e.g. "USA EN (NT 01)"

Most guides only suggest adding the first part (USA EN), do you know what the second part (NT 01) is meant to do?
And did it work?

goldensun695

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
@Chrisssj2, yes the boot.firm worked like a charm! The DLC is now detected and works with the game :D. @omarroms, thanks a bunch for your help, I already tried everything I could find and was not aware that it was a bug. I actually updated to Luma 8.0 before the new boot.firm was released and pretty much gave up until now.

Chrisssj2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@Chrisssj2, yes the boot.firm worked like a charm! The DLC is now detected and works with the game :D. @omarroms, thanks a bunch for your help, I already tried everything I could find and was not aware that it was a bug. I actually updated to Luma 8.0 before the new boot.firm was released and pretty much gave up until now.
I had the same problem. Not sure what region my dlc was, but i used the undub for SMT4 and apocalypse, and i got an error when starting the game.
Then i started lumalocaleswitcher and put on USA EN. and no more message..

goldensun695

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
@Chrisssj2, Nice!, are you experience any lag in-game with the DLC working? I noticed the game menu taking 1.5-2 seconds longer to load with the DLC installed and slower performance overall. Not sure if it is my SD card or if it's normal with the DLC?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: What.