Burton

Real Life VIP and Educator
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
smashdude said:
I am not asking why they want to curb policy, I understand taht fully. I am asking why they will not allow me to copy Wi-Fi games to the SD card. This is why I chose to hack my Wii. I was able to transfer my Brawl data to my friends WIi's as well as MKW. I haven't pirated ANYTHING yet.

A hypothesis of why some games can't be copied to the sd may be Licenses. Why do I think that? Because most of the games that can't be copied are games that have characters that are copyright or have a permission to be used in a specific game (brawl Sonic from Sega and Snake from Konami) maybe you can have them in your wii if you have the original game but can't distribute the save. Sometimes a company may have departments that have ownership of some characters or race tracks or soundtracks and you can't distribute such material as a whole without permissions. Another game I remember having the same problem is green day rock band. In this case Green Day is a Registered trademark of Reprise Records.

That's why I think, maybe the problem resides elsewhere and if someone have the real answer I would be glad to hear it.

smashdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright thanks for some clarification. I have been told that it could be due to cheating but that's bullshit as no one cheats in Brawl at all.

Log onto MSN please, Burton. Still having problems updating and I want to find SOME WAY to keep 249 in tact. My PM and commenting ability has been taken away. I have MSN on computer now and it works fine.

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Most games that use wifi have some sort of profile that is tied to your specific wii, that's why they aren't allowed to be copied.

smashdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait so will I have enough memory to update? I have none atm. You said that un-installing anything won't free up any blocks right? If updating uses blocks then it won't let me. and I do not have the internet setup channel as that is stupid.

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
smashdude said:
Thanks a buinch Hamster. Why am I going to lose 249? That is essential for brawlstats and being able to copy Brawl and MKW to the SD card. Why did Nintendo regulate it so we can't copy those games to the SD card?
You still can get 249 after a Ninty update, you will need install IOS236 to reinstall 249.

Respect running your games from the SD card, yes, you can't run pirated WAD installed WiiWare/VC games from the SD menu, but you still can run your legal ones from the SD menu. If you want run ilegal ones from your SD menu, you need patch an IOS, I don't remember what it is though.

smashdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you run the legal ones then? Can this work for non-hacked Wii's as well? Link me what I need for all of these please. Including IOS 236 and teh like. Am trying to update my Wii atm. ANd if I hae pirated any, I'd the link on what I need to patch.

ddetkowski

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow!
88 posts and counting for a topic which should'a been done with in 2!!!
KEEP EM COMING, SMASHDUDE!
Go, Smashdude, go! Don't listen to reason, just spoon-feed us MORE!!! Yaaaay!!!

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
600 blocks *available - at least* to do the 4.3B wanin update. This smashboy always find me guilty. HA HA HA

You´re like, retarded, in a very laughable manner.

Smashboy, you said you had before a 4.2 NAND backup so you could restore any problems you´d have installing 4.3sm. Why don´t you do that?

And, like some 30 people said before, VC/wad only uses so much NAND Memory except for some saves like brawl and Rockband/GH and stuff.

So, the first thing you should be doing now, is to check if you have bootmii@boot2 now, through HackMii installer (Homebrew Channel installer) v1.0.8. If you´re able to install bootmii as Boot2 then god loves you, and start restoring NAND Backup process.

How to restore NAND backup
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woySeSNBL3o

smashdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Coto I could only get bootmii to install as an IOS and thanks for your comment below and someone disabled my ability to PM. Message me on Yahoo please as I have a NAND backup and have not bricked the Wii yet and I want to un-install some WADs so I can update and use the WIi Shop Channel the NORMAL way. I am a n00by at hacking.....I hate to keep updating the WIi SHop Channel so I rather just go with the OFFICIAL menu version so I don't have to keep modifying the shop channel every time it requires an update or for my games rather tpp/

"Err.. 600 blocks *available* you needed to update to 4.3WAN.. I told you that, hahahahahahaha.
Happy bricking, and, f* iu!
biggrin.gif

Here comes nothing:
You said you owned a nand backup of 4.2, and you could restore nand whenever you wanted, thats why you followed my advice. Want being a baby crying "Coto told me to install windows XP on my wii" ?
Y "

youngrex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why is this thred still going from what i have read so far its getting no where and he wants to use a messenger for his so called problems

smashdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stop insulting me. I am only trying to figure out what Coto told me to do and how to get the 600 blocks back that he told me it uses and how to get my Wii Shop Channel to work by clicking on the update so it won't lock me up every time. Same for games.

lex luthor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
smashdude said:
Coto I could only get bootmii to install as an IOS and thanks for your comment below and someone disabled my ability to PM. Message me on Yahoo please as I have a NAND backup and have not bricked the Wii yet and I want to un-install some WADs so I can update and use the WIi Shop Channel the NORMAL way. I am a n00by at hacking.....I hate to keep updating the WIi SHop Channel so I rather just go with the OFFICIAL menu version so I don't have to keep modifying the shop channel every time it requires an update or for my games rather tpp/

"Err.. 600 blocks *available* you needed to update to 4.3WAN.. I told you that, hahahahahahaha.
Happy bricking, and, f* iu!
biggrin.gif

Here comes nothing:
You said you owned a nand backup of 4.2, and you could restore nand whenever you wanted, thats why you followed my advice. Want being a baby crying "Coto told me to install windows XP on my wii" ?
Y "

I don't understand the bold part of his post, it doesn't makes sense from what he was talking at first.

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
You must buy another Wii to get 600 blocks. It .... aha whatever.

You could buy another brain, but a working one. That way you could undo 4.3WAN, install latest shop channel and its required IOS. (IOS56?)

Smashbrain, really, you cry too much. And from now on, that´ll be fun to me =D

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
I remember giving you the advice to start fresh with ModMii, some time ago. Now, obviously, you didn't do this, and you're still being dumb, so I'll take this as the final proof that you're a troll.

If you aren't one (which I now hightly doubt): http://www.youfail.org/ , and I would REALLY suggest that you should stop hacking your Wii to death. Admitting that you're a total Noob is the first step into the right direction, the next step is to stop pirating and stop using Homebrew.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Creamy milk