minjeeta

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.djjustjones.co.uk
XP
Country
OK smashdude posts: 810 lets recap.

I have just followed your link and found some instructions we are all familure with. At some point you have made an incorrect assumtion and this has taken you down an odd and wrong path looking for a solution. Please stop, reset, abandon you chosen course of action and follow the advice already given.

Your problem limited memory not enough for a 51 block profile save for black ops.
The posible causes:
1. lots of game saves (a common problem for usb loader using ppl) some are very large COD MW over 100 blocks most guitar games over 100 blocks and so on. these can be moved to an sd memory card or deleted if no longer required in the wii's own data management screens.
2. lots of wiiware or VC games some of these are also very large 300+ blocks. these can also be moved to sd memory card or removed in the wii's own data management screens. if deleted they can be reidownlodaed again memory space permitting from the shop for free again later. I suggest using dopmii to update the shop channel if needed if it says your current one is v19 it will up it to v20.
3. the one you are hung up on and not a possible cause for limited memory as the files are small in compoarison to everything else so get over it OK. system files taking up to much room. each time the wii is updated some files are added most are just replaced one system menu replaces the last so it only grows by the difference in size not its entire size. for the last time you do not need fuck with these files OK.

Please answer these 2 questions what are the last 3 games you bought from the wii shop. what are the last 3 new games you played and created a save for?

Funny as this thred is, you can read and write so the solution is within reach. (you can maybe write better than me)...m

nightwaxon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Lool. This bloke is a great wind up. He manages to reel people in all the time. It's a low quality comedy account.

smashdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok thanks a lot minjeeta. So the 4.3U WAN does not take up memory space then is what you are trying to say, thus un-installing it will not free up any space either. And smash_brew I will update teh WIi now but keep in mind I do have a NAND backup but since my Wii ws repiared by Nintendo I only have bootmii installed as IOS, not boot2. If I get any error messages from updating the official way to override NAND then I will post. This is how I want to update teh shop channel even with the co-existing NUS downlaoder WAD thing.

Category

Trainee Romhacker
Trophies
Website
masseffectzero.blogspot.co.uk
XP
Country
If you only have BootMii as an IOS, then install priiloader - if you brick, you should still be able to get to BootMii to restore your NAND backup. In that case, just do an official update through the Wii settings menu.

Oh, and stop playing with it. You're gonna break it if you keep tinkering so cluelessly.

smashdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the priiloader rev78 already installed. But bootmii as an IOS should be fine right? What hacks should I ENABLE on priiloder and which hacks should I keep DISABLED before i do the update? Priiloader works perfectly fine on my Wii.

Crass

Rock me Dr. Zaius
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
Lol this guy has sent him Wii in to Nintendo once already? And at the beginning of the thread he wanted to send it back again? Smashdude how old are you? 7?

smashdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*Ignores Crass

So keep all updates on then? Assuming it won't brick my Wii. I see online/disc channel updates. And with that comesn some other hack taht says "move disc channel". Once I disable blocking the updates, should I also disbale moving the disc channel? Some people say certain hacks will brick my Wii but I trust you on this one, Category.

minjeeta

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.djjustjones.co.uk
XP
Country
if your very first post was correct, and you can already play this game then what on earth are you trying to hack. just delete some old saves or wii shop bought games and get the fuck on with it, free up the required space to save your profile and give us all a fucking break....m

Burton

Real Life VIP and Educator
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
smashdude said:
Burton please log onto MSN. i have enabled all hacks listed above then performed System Update but then it failed.
Right now my girl just put on a cute baby doll she just bought and smiled at me like saying "Wanna see it more closely..." so the tough decision is choosing what to do:

Spend the whole afternoon helping Smashdude solving something that probably won't be solved - or - spending the whole afternoon with my girl?

It is a tough decision and I need some enlightening
biggrin.gif

What should I do?

guinness

Trophies
XP
Country
Smashdude ftw

Edit: If I'm not getting any from my pregnant wife, nobody else should get any either.

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I will try to sumarize what smashdude wants to do with his Wii: Update it to 4.3, in order to over write WAN 4.3updates, I think it's fair enough since WAN 4.3 patch unnecesary IOS, you will get a more clean update by using the Nintendo's official one. Then he want delete a Shop Channel that he got by wad, and get the "original" Channel, amerite? If that so, the official Nintendo update should install the "original" Shop Channel for you. TAKE IN ACCOUNT THAT UPDATING THROUGH NINTY COULD CAUSE YOU LOSE SOME HOMEBREW FEATURES LIKE USING IOS249, OR LAUNCHING YOUR TRUCHA VC GAMES FROM SD CARD you still can re-install this "features" again, but please go step-by-step.

Remember disable priiloder hacks before update.

Next week we should have another wave of question like: I can't run my VC games from SD card, or I can't use 249 anymore, HALP!

smashdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks a buinch Hamster. Why am I going to lose 249? That is essential for brawlstats and being able to copy Brawl and MKW to the SD card. Why did Nintendo regulate it so we can't copy those games to the SD card?

Crass

Rock me Dr. Zaius
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
smashdude said:
Thanks a buinch Hamster. Why am I going to lose 249? That is essential for brawlstats and being able to copy Brawl and MKW to the SD card. Why did Nintendo regulate it so we can't copy those games to the SD card?

Uh because 249 is used for piracy and hacking. Why would nintendo want to stop piracy on its system you ask? To make you buy the damn game.

smashdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am not asking why they want to curb policy, I understand taht fully. I am asking why they will not allow me to copy Wi-Fi games to the SD card. This is why I chose to hack my Wii. I was able to transfer my Brawl data to my friends WIi's as well as MKW. I haven't pirated ANYTHING yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)