Tutorial  Updated

OTP Guide

Full Guide Release!

https://plailect.github.io/OTP/

All regions now supported!

If you appreciate this guide and the work I put into maintaining it, I accept donations through both Bitcoin and PayPal.

If you felt like the guide helped you out then I'd really appreciate it! If I get enough I may buy a 2DS for testing hardware stuff so I don't break another N3DS.

If the guide didn't help you out then I'm really sorry about that :(

Last edited by Plailect,

nfan2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
6hEz6G8.jpg

it's a great success :D

Reactions: daxtsu

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Not yet, unfortunately. None of the CFWs support FIRM that low.

Agg I don't really want to put that sysnand.bin into my sysnand without anything saying me that file is in good shape without a hardmod. I'll keep the file though.

Not even Cakes with all patches deactivated? Can I dump the proper firmware.bin file somehow?

Last edited by Urbanshadow,

Mrrraou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Agg I don't really want to put that sysnand.bin into my sysnand without anything saying me that file is in good shape without a hardmod. I'll keep the file though.

Not even Cakes with all patches deactivated? Can I dump the proper firmware.bin file somehow?
Won't work, if you can't patch it to make it "emuNAND". Offsets and patches for 2.1 FIRM aren't known.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

how about using super smash bro. cart it autoupdate in 9.2 firm ?
Worst idea ever on N3DS.

Reactions: daxtsu

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Won't work, if you can't patch it to make it "emuNAND". Offsets and patches for 2.1 FIRM aren't known.

Different levels of fugg for me there. I don't want to hardmod this n3ds yet, it's not even a month old. I'll keep that sysnand until I grow a pair or something, then. Thanks.

Wait... I get no one is gonna do it, but we have ARM9 support on 2.1 so would it be that hard to got those offsets? I understand that if any, it's cfw devs business but meh. And it would be the same offsets for O3DS and N3DS, yes?

Last edited by Urbanshadow,

Mrrraou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Different levels of fugg for me there. I don't want to hardmod this n3ds yet, it's not even a month old. I'll keep that sysnand until I grow a pair or something, then. Thanks.

Wait... I get no one is gonna do it, but we have ARM9 support on 2.1 so would it be that hard to got those offsets? I understand that if any, it's cfw devs business but meh.
Well, I don't know. But if you check that you have done everything right, there shouldn't be any issues. My N3DS isn't a month old either, and I don't have any hardmod on it, and I got arm9loaderhax :P so, if you're doing it right, you shouldn't brick. (btw: check that your WiFi is enabled before downgrading.)

how can i go back in 9.2 firm im using n3ds xl.
Simple: if you have no idea how to, you shouldn't have done it.
Try using D9 for 2xrsa.

Svaethier

Trophies
Website
s6.zetaboards.com
XP
Country
United States
Well, I don't know. But if you check that you have done everything right, there shouldn't be any issues. My N3DS isn't a month old either, and I don't have any hardmod on it, and I got arm9loaderhax :P so, if you're doing it right, you shouldn't brick. (btw: check that your WiFi is enabled before downgrading.)

Simple: if you have no idea how to, you shouldn't have done it.
Try using D9 for 2xrsa.
I got all the way to the formatting emunand with tinyformat step then afterwards I kept getting the invalid database issue when trying to install sysupdater, I even remade the db files in the emunand folder in the nintendo3ds folder but got nowhere when going to the 3ds data management settings :/

Mrrraou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I got all the way to the formatting emunand with tinyformat step then afterwards I kept getting the invalid database issue when trying to install sysupdater, I even remade the db files in the emunand folder in the nintendo3ds folder but got nowhere when going to the 3ds data management settings :/
Are you using the CIA ?

Mrrraou

Trophies
XP
Country
France

Svaethier

Trophies
Website
s6.zetaboards.com
XP
Country
United States
You're having a weird issue... Which error, exactly? Are your CIAs correct?

The CIA files of sysupdater is the same one from the guide. After I format my emunand, set it back up, I try to install the CIA file with the FBI that's injected in h&s app but keep getting the database doesn't exist error.

qlm2009

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Guys, the python script windows.py in the new n3ds otp guide is utterly wrong.
1. The paths of the resources are wrong
2. File pointer f1 (and f2!) must be closed for os.system('move emuNAND_bricked.bin Unbricked/sysNAND.bin') to work
3. Something could be made for os.system('mkdir Unbricked') to shutup if the folder already exists.

Then, D9 exports 0x5 xorpad as nand.fat16.xorpad and 0x4 xorpad as nand.fat16.0x4.xorpad so: Why in the world are we not using those names?

Sloppy. the script has 14 lines, 3 core lines are wrong and lacks at least 2 lines. That's near a 30% wrong in the script.
As I can be stressful when I'm whinny, I attached a corrected script to prove I don't like to just complain.

Remember: This replaces windows.py on Section_II/Bricked dir of the N3DS guide. You don have to rename the xorpads in Section_I anymore.

And a question: Would a corrected emunand dump on 2.1 work as emunand with cfw and the correct firm? (For testing purposes hefore bricking my sysnand without hardmod)
there's another mistake found:
NCSD_header_o3ds.bin should be moved from the folder "Section_II\Bricked\Resource" to "Section_II\Bricked"
Otherwise 'f2 = open("NCSD_header_o3ds.bin", "r+b")' can not be executed

Mrrraou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
The CIA files of sysupdater is the same one from the guide. After I format my emunand, set it back up, I try to install the CIA file with the FBI that's injected in h&s app but keep getting the database doesn't exist error.
Are you sure that you're building the database the right way ?

Svaethier

Trophies
Website
s6.zetaboards.com
XP
Country
United States
Are you sure that you're building the database the right way ?
Yep,I even tried deleting the title and import files in the emunand folder inside the nintendos 3DS folder afterwards going into system settings, data management, 3ds,software but no database is corrupt error.

qlm2009

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
the downgrading for my JAP N3ds was done successfully.
before sysNAND 9.1  emuNAND 10.5
now sysNAND 2.1

just take a brake then go to Section III - Getting the OTP

SirByte

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I guess I'll wait for version 3 with debugged .py scripts and a more elaborate version of the guide that e.g. covers having a lower version sysnand but 9.2 emunand. My o3DS is on v4.1 and my n3DS is on v9.0 so I can see xor pads not being valid?

Edit: as well, I just have ONE cubic ninja, so I'd have to change it to ninjhax to run homebrew, then change it to the included QR, then change it back to ninjhax on another 3DS to run HB again? Will that work?

Last edited by SirByte,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9w_UTPpHjg