Tutorial  Updated

OTP Guide

Full Guide Release!

https://plailect.github.io/OTP/

All regions now supported!

If you appreciate this guide and the work I put into maintaining it, I accept donations through both Bitcoin and PayPal.

If you felt like the guide helped you out then I'd really appreciate it! If I get enough I may buy a 2DS for testing hardware stuff so I don't break another N3DS.

If the guide didn't help you out then I'm really sorry about that :(

Last edited by Plailect,

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep,I even tried deleting the title and import files in the emunand folder inside the nintendos 3DS folder afterwards going into system settings, data management, 3ds,software but no database is corrupt error.
Do you have a dbs folder with the correct stuff inside your Nintendo 3ds folder? IF you have an unlinked sysnand and emunand, I recommend going to your sysnand account copying that dbs folder, pasting that folding into your emunand folder, and then repair through the settings. That probably made no sense, but that's what I did and it detected it.

Mrrraou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Do you have a dbs folder with the correct stuff inside your Nintendo 3ds folder? IF you have an unlinked sysnand and emunand, I recommend going to your sysnand account copying that dbs folder, pasting that folding into your emunand folder, and then repair through the settings. That probably made no sense, but that's what I did and it detected it.
The dbs folder is in sd:/Nintendo 3DS/<ID 0>/<ID 1>/.

Svaethier

Trophies
Website
s6.zetaboards.com
XP
Country
United States
Yea my emunand folder starts with 5a5 or something like that while my sysnand starts with faa so I know I have them in the correct folder. I could try what you suggested but not sure if it'll work though.

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The dbs folder is in sd:/Nintendo 3DS/<ID 0>/<ID 1>/.
OT: I know you know the devs, so I was wondering if there's anything that'd make this process... safer in the works? I have a 2.1 emunand and I want to try it out but my body is screaming at me, "DON'T, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PRESS "A". Or at least a check that I could do now.

Mrrraou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
OT: I know you know the devs, so I was wondering if there's anything that'd make this process... safer in the works? I have a 2.1 emunand and I want to try it out but my body is screaming at me, "DON'T, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PRESS "A". Or at least a check that I could do now.
Well, IDK if any developer is interested in doing that now. I already posted the instruction list for doing it almost automatically without having to use a PC.
But if the developers release that, there won't really be any CFW able to run on arm9loaderhax, and we don't even have LCD init yet. So almost all users would end being unable to use their 3DSes.

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, IDK if any developer is interested in doing that now. I already posted the instruction list for doing it almost automatically without having to use a PC.
But if the developers release that, there won't really be any CFW able to run on arm9loaderhax, and we don't even have LCD init yet. So almost all users would end being unable to use their 3DSes.
... Don't-don't release that. Last thing we need is a wave of people complaining about how their 3ds doesn't work.

Guess I'll ask some friends if they know to to solder lol. I have this gut feeling that it's not gonna work for me.

Reactions: Mrrraou

Mrrraou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Sorry for late replies, I just woke up and saw this shitstorm. The python script is an old version that wasn't meant to be included. It's being fixed, but they all have to be reuploaded. So sorry about the issues, that's entirely my fault.
You should add this in the OP:
Don't to this unless:
  • You know what you're doing
  • You have a hardmod and a working sysNAND backup
This process has a high brick rate, and no payload is really available to the end-user to fully use the possibilities of arm9loaderhax. This tutorial won't help you setup it.
You've been warned.

Plailect

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This has been fixed temporarily while replacement zip files are uploaded.

FkwlPEZ.png

Reactions: pbanj

SirByte

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Perhaps also add that there is no hurry (other than to grab the pack you need) since if you don't update your sysnand, there is nothing Nintendo can do to stop you from performing the downgrade/OTP-grab some time in the future. It's nice to be on the vanguard of the a9lhax, but no need.

What would be *nice* (even if it would only be for o3DS) is the ability to actually boot into the 2.1 emunand just in order to make sure its functional before flashing it to SysNAND.

Reactions: pbanj

Svaethier

Trophies
Website
s6.zetaboards.com
XP
Country
United States
Perhaps also add that there is no hurry (other than to grab the pack you need) since if you don't update your sysnand, there is nothing Nintendo can do to stop you from performing the downgrade/OTP-grab some time in the future. It's nice to be on the vanguard of the a9lhax, but no need.

What would be *nice* (even if it would only be for o3DS) is the ability to actually boot into the 2.1 emunand just in order to make sure its functional before flashing it to SysNAND.
I don't think people are having issues with the flashing emunand over sysnand part on the o3ds.

SirByte

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't think people are having issues with the flashing emunand over sysnand part on the o3ds.

Those are probably people that have a 9.2 sysnand and a 9.2 emunand, so xorpads generated from sysnand match those for emunand. I have a 4.1 sysnand and can use either a 4.1 or a 9.2 emunand, and I would have no idea if the downgraded emunand will actually work and without a hardmod that is quite risky.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/vtGSfyI8VUk