Tutorial  Updated

OTP Guide

Full Guide Release!

https://plailect.github.io/OTP/

All regions now supported!

If you appreciate this guide and the work I put into maintaining it, I accept donations through both Bitcoin and PayPal.

If you felt like the guide helped you out then I'd really appreciate it! If I get enough I may buy a 2DS for testing hardware stuff so I don't break another N3DS.

If the guide didn't help you out then I'm really sorry about that :(

Last edited by Plailect,

Svaethier

Trophies
Website
s6.zetaboards.com
XP
Country
United States
Those are probably people that have a 9.2 sysnand and a 9.2 emunand, so xorpads generated from sysnand match those for emunand. I have a 4.1 sysnand and can use either a 4.1 or a 9.2 emunand, and I would have no idea if the downgraded emunand will actually work and without a hardmod that is quite risky.
I've read some people were on latest emunand and 9.2 sysnand. Nothing indicates you have to do anything with the xorpad you generate in the o3ds guide.

Myria

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've read some people were on latest emunand and 9.2 sysnand. Nothing indicates you have to do anything with the xorpad you generate in the o3ds guide.
I wonder whether it's a leftover from the New 3DS guide, where the two CTR-NAND xorpads do matter. The OTP dumping trick in general was developed for New 3DS first, because of the high value of getting a New 3DS OTP. We figured out how to do it on New 3DS first, and presumably whoever first publicly disclosed it (Reisyaku or whatever his name is?) did too.

Mrrraou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I wonder whether it's a leftover from the New 3DS guide, where the two CTR-NAND xorpads do matter. The OTP dumping trick in general was developed for New 3DS first, because of the high value of getting a New 3DS OTP. We figured out how to do it on New 3DS first, and presumably whoever first publicly disclosed it (Reisyaku or whatever his name is?) did too.
@Reisyukaku :P

Svaethier

Trophies
Website
s6.zetaboards.com
XP
Country
United States
Yea that's what I noticed, the o3ds guide is just a copy of the n3ds one but with o3ds instructions

Plailect

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The inclusion of the xorpads is intended, it will allow you to decrypt your CTR NAND just in case you need to. In my opinion everyone should have a NAND backup and ALL of their device's various xorpads.

Reactions: Myria and Mrrraou

Plailect

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank god I quit yesterday gunna wait a while for ppl to test the new windows py
Dodged a bullet there. If it makes people feel better, I actually bricked my n3ds the first time I tried this weeks ago (back when the info was sketchy) then managed to screw up soldering and kill the NAND. Had to get a new one, thankfully Amazon took it back even after I told them I broke it. :/

Reactions: Mrrraou

felipejfc

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The inclusion of the xorpads is intended, it will allow you to decrypt your CTR NAND just in case you need to. In my opinion everyone should have a NAND backup and ALL of their device's various xorpads.

Hi Prailect, what was that was wrong in the V2 tutorial that led us to brick our devices? I followed it word by word and end up bricked, I managed to run the py script with a workaround and checked that its header (first 0x200) were same as the NCSD_header_o3ds... don't know were I went wrong...
Now I'm getting a hardmod but I'm ok with it, it was something I'm wishing to have for some time

PedroPVJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Sorry if it was already answered but i'm stuck @ 2.1U (o3DS)
arm11.bin doesn't load, browser version 1.7455 (successfully dumped my otp tho)

which method should i follow to restore my 9.2 sysNAND?

Plailect

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Prailect, what was that was wrong in the V2 tutorial that led us to brick our devices? I followed it word by word and end up bricked, I managed to run the py script with a workaround and checked that its header (first 0x200) were same as the NCSD_header_o3ds... don't know were I went wrong...
Now I'm getting a hardmod but I'm ok with it, it was something I'm wishing to have for some time

The commands for 3DSFat16tool would fail silently and do nothing.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Sorry if it was already answered but i'm stuck @ 2.1U (o3DS)
arm11.bin doesn't load, browser version 1.7455 (successfully dumped my otp tho)

which method should i follow to restore my 9.2 sysNAND?

Did you replace it with the new arm11.bin in section IV.

runetoonxx2

GBATemp's Cancer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dodged a bullet there. If it makes people feel better, I actually bricked my n3ds the first time I tried this weeks ago (back when the info was sketchy) then managed to screw up soldering and kill the NAND. Had to get a new one, thankfully Amazon took it back even after I told them I broke it. :/
I still have my stuff from step one thank god xD I don't need to redump everything xD

felipejfc

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The commands for 3DSFat16tool would fail silently and do nothing.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Did you replace it with the new arm11.bin in section IV.

Yeah, I'm sure this was what happened to me... also, Resource/3DSFAT16tool does not work on OS X, remember that linux compiled binaries are not compatible with Darwin... so script LinuxOrMac.py actually is now working on OS X

Another tip, include a input in the end of the script so that the script do not end right after execution and users can see the log messages for any errors before flashing.

Last edited by felipejfc,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Your daily 15-minutes of VR...