Tutorial  Updated

OTP Guide

Full Guide Release!

https://plailect.github.io/OTP/

All regions now supported!

If you appreciate this guide and the work I put into maintaining it, I accept donations through both Bitcoin and PayPal.

If you felt like the guide helped you out then I'd really appreciate it! If I get enough I may buy a 2DS for testing hardware stuff so I don't break another N3DS.

If the guide didn't help you out then I'm really sorry about that :(

Last edited by Plailect,

JacksonS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so how many of u ppl bricked and how many didnt
I bricked 6 times and succeeded once. I have a hardmod of course, so I could recover each time. I would certainly not recommend trying it yet without a hardmod because there's no way to check if your "unbricked" emuNAND image is good before flashing.
Edit: Using N3DS XL.

Last edited by JacksonS,

templeofhylia

homo supreme
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Welp, after several hours, sd cards, and emuNANDS, I finally downgraded to 2.1 sucessfully!
iTuY8Y5.jpg

templeofhylia

homo supreme
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Well, I have 2 sd cards for two different emuNANDs. Every single possible option wasn't working with one sd card (downgrading to 9.2 then 2.1, cloning sysnand, tinyformatting, etc.), so I just tried another with a different emuNAND (I didn't even tinyformat it or anything) and it worked?

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I have 2 sd cards for two different emuNANDs. Every single possible option wasn't working with one sd card (downgrading to 9.2 then 2.1, cloning sysnand, tinyformatting, etc.), so I just tried another with a different emuNAND (I didn't even tinyformat it or anything) and it worked?
Was there anything special about that sd card or emunand compared to the other sd card? I don't care how miniscule it is. I neeeeeeed this.

Last edited by Just Passing By,

templeofhylia

homo supreme
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Was there anything special about that sd card or emunand compared to the other sd card? I don't care how miniscule it is. I neeeeeeed this.

well, let's see...the problematic sd card is 8gb, the one that endedup working is 4gb. the emunand that successfully downgraded was 10.5 and linked to my nnid....i'm not entirely sure what allowed it to downgrade unfortunately

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, let's see...the problematic sd card is 8gb, the one that endedup working is 4gb. the emunand that successfully downgraded was 10.5 and linked to my nnid....i'm not entirely sure what allowed it to downgrade unfortunately
One last thing, you said that the failed sd card was on 9.2 right?

templeofhylia

homo supreme
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
One last thing, you said that the failed sd card was on 9.2 right?
at one instance yeah. with the 8gb sd card i tried a freshly formatted 10.3emu, my previous (and main) 10.3emu, a cloned 9.2sysnand....the 9.2emu refused to downgrade to 2.1 (or 4.2) and neither 10.3emus would downgrade to 2.1 (or even 9.2/4.2)
but my 10.5 emu ("legit" emunand) on my 4gb card downgraded to 2.1 without a single issue. i hope that's enogh detail and hopefully you can get it working!

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
at one instance yeah. with the 8gb sd card i tried a freshly formatted 10.3emu, my previous (and main) 10.3emu, a cloned 9.2sysnand....the 9.2emu refused to downgrade to 2.1 (or 4.2) and neither 10.3emus would downgrade to 2.1 (or even 9.2/4.2)
but my 10.5 emu ("legit" emunand) on my 4gb card downgraded to 2.1 without a single issue. i hope that's enogh detail and hopefully you can get it working!
Thanks I'm gonna try a few things out.

Mrrraou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
People complaining about the guide bricking should just never try it. :glare:
This guide has a high brick rate, as it was said. We can't do anything about that. If you don't have any hardmod or knowledge of what you're doing, don't try it, and stop shitposting. This is just perturbing the testers (and everyone else, too). Thanks.

Reactions: Classicgamer

laramie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People complaining about the guide bricking should just never try it. :glare:
This guide has a high brick rate, as it was said. We can't do anything about that. If you don't have any hardmod or knowledge of what you're doing, don't try it, and stop shitposting. This is just perturbing the testers (and everyone else, too). Thanks.
Help I led bricked... Can I fix this? jk but seriously hard mods should only be testing the things here... All the non-hard modders, sit back and chill for a week or two. We'll find safer ways. You guys already have menuhax and whatnot to CFW. IT's almost the same thing.

Reactions: Mrrraou

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright.... I figured out the god dang problem... With the help of templeofhylia I was able to put two and two together and figure out that 9.2 can cause problems for, a seemingly rare, group of people that will make it error out while downgrading sysnand or emunand. On a 10.3 emunand backup, I was able to successfully downgrade to 2.1.

Also I'd like to say sorry. I feel like Mrrraou is hinting at me. Tbh after 3 days of doing this, the paranoid gets to you and you go kinda crazy getting this to work, so sorry again.

Last edited by Just Passing By,

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Guys, the python script windows.py in the new n3ds otp guide is utterly wrong.
1. The paths of the resources are wrong
2. File pointer f1 (and f2!) must be closed for os.system('move emuNAND_bricked.bin Unbricked/sysNAND.bin') to work
3. Something could be made for os.system('mkdir Unbricked') to shutup if the folder already exists.

Then, D9 exports 0x5 xorpad as nand.fat16.xorpad and 0x4 xorpad as nand.fat16.0x4.xorpad so: Why in the world are we not using those names?

Sloppy. the script has 14 lines, 3 core lines are wrong and lacks at least 2 lines. That's near a 30% wrong in the script.
As I can be stressful when I'm whinny, I attached a corrected script to prove I don't like to just complain.

Remember: This replaces windows.py on Section_II/Bricked dir of the N3DS guide. You don have to rename the xorpads in Section_I anymore.

And a question: Would a corrected emunand dump on 2.1 work as emunand with cfw and the correct firm? (For testing purposes hefore bricking my sysnand without hardmod)

Attachments

• Windows.zip
    435 bytes · Views: 134
Last edited by Urbanshadow,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Gamemaster2022 @ Gamemaster2022: Great titles. I'm about to play some Pokémon Emerald. I need to lvl up