Tutorial  Updated

OTP Guide

Full Guide Release!

https://plailect.github.io/OTP/

All regions now supported!

If you appreciate this guide and the work I put into maintaining it, I accept donations through both Bitcoin and PayPal.

If you felt like the guide helped you out then I'd really appreciate it! If I get enough I may buy a 2DS for testing hardware stuff so I don't break another N3DS.

If the guide didn't help you out then I'm really sorry about that :(

Last edited by Plailect,
D

Deleted User

Does that even work on an old 3DS? Doesn't the CFW have to specifically support 2.1?

No it won't work on an old3DS either.

Yes it would require a CFW to support it; of which I don't know any. That's why he called it a "bricked emunand" since neither console has a way to boot the emuNAND. (since we really didn't even see emulated NANDS until GW's 4.1-4.5 exploits.

Last edited by ,

Chuu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, another stupid question. I already restored my emunand back to 10.5. If i were to try this again, do i have to downgrade my emunand again? I already have the bricked emunand.bin and the xorpads
thanks

hisagishi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would it be terribly hard to build a very basic 2.1 emunand? Doesn't even need to run anything, just needs to succesfully boot up.

Toiry921

Maki Best Girl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the only guide that states even using the windows.py is the N3DS one, the O3DS/2DS just stats to inject your 2.1 emunand over your sysnand. who has done the windows.py thing using the O3DS guide with their O3DS/2DS?
What I did was DG to 4.5 using Gateway then used Sysupdater to DG to 2.1, Updated back up with Luigi's Mansion and then Use Sysupdater to return to 9.2

D

Deleted User

*GASP* It worked, on my 7th try. I had to regenerate the XORpads and it finally worked. So my N3DS is downgraded now.

Glad to hear it. Though it makes me think, the other point of failure can be renaming your XORpads improperly.

JacksonS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Glad to hear it. Though it makes me think, the other point of failure can be renaming your XORpads improperly.
That would result in 3DSFAT16tool.exe terminating early, which hopefully one would notice.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

In the OTP guide it says "wait for the flashes" when you visit the link in the Internet browser. What does that mean? Wait for them to end, or wait for them to appear? My screen is flashing endlessly.

D

Deleted User

In the OTP guide it says "wait for the flashes" when you visit the link in the Internet browser. What does that mean? Wait for them to end, or wait for them to appear? My screen is flashing endlessly.

Not sure. I used the CN guide (I'm assuming the flashes are probably a ARM11 payload through the browser)

The CN basically flashed a few times than shut down. I guess the easy way is check your bin file to see if it's change from 0 bytes to 256b

Svaethier

Trophies
Website
s6.zetaboards.com
XP
Country
United States
That would result in 3DSFAT16tool.exe terminating early, which hopefully one would notice.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i heard people just turning off their systems after the flashing starts and seeing the otp file on their sd card afterwards.

Chuu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where would one find a hard modding service and how does a new 3ds look like after it? Just wondering...

JacksonS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where would one find a hard modding service and how does a new 3ds look like after it? Just wondering...
It depends on how you mod it. You can use any type of connector and put it anywhere on the console. I put a microUSB port on the back of my N3DS XL and I think it looks clean, like a second charging port.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    PandaPandel @ PandaPandel: im playing fortnite rn and just got rsn over by a car