Tutorial  Updated

OTP Guide

Full Guide Release!

https://plailect.github.io/OTP/

All regions now supported!

If you appreciate this guide and the work I put into maintaining it, I accept donations through both Bitcoin and PayPal.

If you felt like the guide helped you out then I'd really appreciate it! If I get enough I may buy a 2DS for testing hardware stuff so I don't break another N3DS.

If the guide didn't help you out then I'm really sorry about that :(

Last edited by Plailect,

Svaethier

Trophies
Website
s6.zetaboards.com
XP
Country
United States
All of that is carried out by the Python script. It uses the XORpads to replace the header of the bricked emuNAND image.
well maybe someone should just create a command prompt that essentially does the same thing but ran from a command window where you point to the xorpad and it does it for you just like the py script.

D

Deleted User

I'll add that having a GW makes this is a ton easier without needing to inject left and right.

Chuu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@gunner007 I did the thing with copying the files in the resource folder. i checked the sha-256 of my original bricked emunand and the "processed" emunand. theyre different.

MRDOCA

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
What we need is a nice GUI That does everything for you Inc the arm9loaderhax. Similar to the ps3 nand/nor patching programs

D

Deleted User

Shrug. I'd wait
@gunner007 I did the thing with copying the files in the resource folder. i checked the sha-256 of my original bricked emunand and the "processed" emunand. theyre different.

I'd leave it up to you. It worked for me, that's all I have to say. I have a hardmod. If you don't, I'd wait until it gets fixed. I put in an issue request on gitHub anyways.

Svaethier

Trophies
Website
s6.zetaboards.com
XP
Country
United States
What we need is a nice GUI That does everything for you Inc the arm9loaderhax. Similar to the ps3 nand/nor patching programs
it would have to do everything except getting the otp file, the downgrading and the emunand and sysnand back up of course. i believe something like that will come out given some time though.

Friendsxix

Introspective Potato
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just downgraded and dumped my OTP using the v2 tutorial. Already setup arm9loaderhax with CakesForA9LH. System now boots into emuNAND in ~8 seconds. ^^
SuccessfulDowngrade.png

MRDOCA

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
it would have to do everything except getting the otp file, the downgrading and the emunand and sysnand back up of course. i believe something like that will come out given some time though.
Yea but it just needs to check everything is valid after it creates the modified sysnand.bin then any bricks that occur from downgrading will be down to that step alone. No user errors...well... less user errors.

Chuu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the ones that bricked, do you still have your original bricked emunand as well as the processed nand? could you folks check the md5/sha?

also @gunner007 if i want to revert to my pre-downgraded state, i just re flash my emunand backup as well as copying over my sd card backup? just double checking :L

Kirino

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the ones that bricked, do you still have your original bricked emunand as well as the processed nand? could you folks check the md5/sha?

also @gunner007 if i want to revert to my pre-downgraded state, i just re flash my emunand backup as well as copying over my sd card backup? just double checking :L
i still do i made a copy of it but i have no idea how to check md5/sha

Last edited by Kirino,
D

Deleted User

Not sure the last part of what you're asking. Are you asking how to return from 2.1? It's step 4 of the guide. You should be using Decrypt9 via browser to restore the emu/sys backups you made in step 1.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UeJincEpEM