Tutorial  Updated

OTP Guide

Full Guide Release!

https://plailect.github.io/OTP/

All regions now supported!

If you appreciate this guide and the work I put into maintaining it, I accept donations through both Bitcoin and PayPal.

If you felt like the guide helped you out then I'd really appreciate it! If I get enough I may buy a 2DS for testing hardware stuff so I don't break another N3DS.

If the guide didn't help you out then I'm really sorry about that :(

Last edited by Plailect,

templeofhylia

homo supreme
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes. Or you could back up your current emuNAND and create a new one, which will automatically be 9.2 because it copies your sysNAND.

When I run Windows.py it says ""3DSFAT16tool.exe" is not recognized as an internal or external command". I think this is the same thing gunner007 mentioned above.

I cloned my 9.2 sysNAND to my emuNAND, and it still fails during downgrading when trying to install the Home Menu applet. Oh well.

Svaethier

Trophies
Website
s6.zetaboards.com
XP
Country
United States
i used decrypt9 had a complete downgrade on emunand and did what gunner007 said about windows.py and im bricked on my 2nd new 3ds
did you try running your console without sd card in it? the r2 guide does say if it boots at black screen just take out sd card, boot your console and after booting insert your sd card back in.

D

Deleted User

I'm wondering if the py script is somehow wrong

Some of the syntax is. Though you should run a MD5/SHA256 on the before and after files to see if they actually changed. If they haven't changed, you're just flashing your bricked emunand to sysnand and of course that's a brick.

The whole process is pretty meticulous (though the guide is well laid out). There's just so many points of failure that I don't know why anyone would try without a hardmod in place first.

Last edited by ,
Reactions: MRDOCA

hisagishi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welp, I guess I'll just stick to not using this for a while. Thanks for all the day 1 testers for there sacrifices.

Chuu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bro don't worry. You're not alone. I've had that problem since V1. My emunand always errors out there too.
How do you know when you hit an error? i was able to get past installing native_firm on the downgrade. I look away for like 30 seconds then my 3ds is rebooting. does that mean it downgraded fine?

(emunand btw)

Svaethier

Trophies
Website
s6.zetaboards.com
XP
Country
United States
not seeing anything about using the xorpads you have to generate on the guide xD whelp glad i got my tiny issue then, gonna wait for OP to fix his guide to include those additional steps about what needs to be hexeditted to make the emunand successfully work as sysnand.

templeofhylia

homo supreme
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Bro don't worry. You're not alone. I've had that problem since V1. My emunand always errors out there too.

I'm kinda frustrated but oh well! I don't know what to do about it.
Edit: If I could find the update pack that was used with the first revision of this guide I wonder if I'd have more luck? Can't find it though

Last edited by templeofhylia,

JacksonS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not seeing anything about using the xorpads you have to generate on the guide xD whelp glad i got my tiny issue then, gonna wait for OP to fix his guide to include those additional steps about what needs to be hexeditted to make the emunand successfully work as sysnand.
All of that is carried out by the Python script. It uses the XORpads to replace the header of the bricked emuNAND image.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i think i might need to try making lava cakes for the 4th of july fr
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I used butter instead of vegetable oil, and think that's why they squirted out during baking, who knows
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah i think oil is the right call
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    plus if you're making brownies or lava cakes for people with dairy allergies, you should use oil instead of butter anyway
    +2
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @BakerMan Make me a space cake plz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I make rum cake for 4th July every year, I make it a week prior and then soak it in rum in the fridge all week. I flip the cake each day, and add little more rum, it soaks it up everyday, so good.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sorry, idk what you mean by a space cake, and even if i did, i'm not really taking requests right now, because otherwise people will get mad at me for taking a request but not making a birthday cake for @Xdqwerty (i'm sorry for that btw bro)
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @BakerMan lies, you just want to smoke it

:rofl2:
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Guess all the food in my fridge can knock out a cow or two
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I should visit Florida again, miss the alligator barbecues
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me and wifey was deciding on our next vacation, so I hung up a map on the wall, and give her a dart and said, wherever you hit, we will go. She threw the dart and it missed the map completely and fell into a trash can below on floor. So I said "ok Florida it is."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @ZeroT21 ohhh a pot cake?
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Gimme some of dat
    +4
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh yeah i don't use weed,in my baking or in general
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    besides isn't it usually gummies or brownies?
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    So, make a "New Trend"
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i just said i don't use weed
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can add it in anything really, you can even make a butter/oil with it, then use that oil in anything
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    besides i'm literally a minor and neurodivergent, so telling me to make a cake with cannabis is traumatizing me, ur cancelled buddy /s/srs
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (nah jk i'm just parodying those "i'm literally a minor and neurodivergent" mfs on twitter)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Michigan has legal rec, so you only have few more years, is it 18 or 21 up there? 21 here in Ohio.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    prob 21, idk tho
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Guess I'll go with plan B and make a Rum Vanilla flavored ice cream
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That sounds damn good.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Nah. Tequila maybe
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Nah. Tequila maybe