Tutorial  Updated

OTP Guide

Full Guide Release!

https://plailect.github.io/OTP/

All regions now supported!

If you appreciate this guide and the work I put into maintaining it, I accept donations through both Bitcoin and PayPal.

If you felt like the guide helped you out then I'd really appreciate it! If I get enough I may buy a 2DS for testing hardware stuff so I don't break another N3DS.

If the guide didn't help you out then I'm really sorry about that :(

Last edited by Plailect,

Svaethier

Trophies
Website
s6.zetaboards.com
XP
Country
United States
look for the one without a dbs folder in it thats where u put a new dbs folder and stuff
i know, did it before but nothing after going into settings, data management,3ds,software after making the two files. it should say the database is corrupt and fix it but it isn't. can i just delete the nintendo3ds folder and have it recreate the home menu data again?

runetoonxx2

GBATemp's Cancer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i know, did it before but nothing after going into settings, data management,3ds,software after making the two files. it should say the database is corrupt and fix it but it isn't. can i just delete the nintendo3ds folder and have it recreate the home menu data again?
idk then go for it i guess?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

this takes soo long to do

D

Deleted User

deleted since apparently it doesn't work for people.

Last edited by ,

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It takes a long time to do, but the possibilities are endless once things are developed. Imo totally worth it. Unless you brick of course.

templeofhylia

homo supreme
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay, I've tried downgrading my emuNAND a few times (from 10.3 to 2.1) and I'm constantly getting "An error has occurred" when it tries to install the Home Menu applet. I've redownloaded the update pack several times. I have no idea what to do

templeofhylia

homo supreme
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay, I've tried downgrading my emuNAND a few times (from 10.3 to 2.1) and I'm constantly getting "An error has occurred" when it tries to install the Home Menu applet. I've redownloaded the update pack several times. I have no idea what to do

hisagishi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whats the chance that sysupdater will brick me? I need to update from 4.5 to 9.2 so I can install RXtools ontop of my gateway emunand and follow the guide.

JacksonS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been very eager to do it because I already had a hardmod, so there's no risk for me.

I haven't seen this before, but don't you have to be on 9.2 or below to do this?

templeofhylia

homo supreme
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've been very eager to do it because I already had a hardmod, so there's no risk for me.

I haven't seen this before, but don't you have to be on 9.2 or below to do this?

I thought it was just sysNAND that had to be on 9.2 or below, but maybe that's true. I'll feel really dumb if it is haha...
So, would it be safe to downgrade emuNAND to 9.2 and then to 2.1? This is all on an O3DS if that changes anything

Kirino

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've gotten to step 2 downgrade - and got my bricked emuNAND. The windows.py however isn't working for me with Python 3.5.1, just kicks back and errors out. The Windows.PY after looking at it in IDLE doesn't look like it goes into the resource folder. Any ideas?
yeah im doing this on my o3ds also and it isnt working either

JacksonS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, would it be safe to downgrade emuNAND to 9.2 and then to 2.1?
Yes. Or you could back up your current emuNAND and create a new one, which will automatically be 9.2 because it copies your sysNAND.

When I run Windows.py it says ""3DSFAT16tool.exe" is not recognized as an internal or external command". I think this is the same thing gunner007 mentioned above.

Last edited by JacksonS,

Kirino

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes.

When I run Windows.py it says ""3DSFAT16tool.exe" is not recognized as an internal or external command". I think this is the same thing gunner007 mentioned above.
all it does it just closes as soon as i double click for me and nothing happens

JacksonS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
all it does it just closes as soon as i double click for me and nothing happens
Yes, me too, but I could read it for that brief moment. If you open Windows.py through the command line, the window will stay open and you can read it plainly.

If you take everything in the Resource folder and put it in the Bricked folder, it will run It seems that like gunner007 said there is no reference to the Resource folder. Everything just needs to be in the same place. But there's no sysNAND.bin created at the end... I'll still try to flash the emuNAND_bricked.bin because it appears it has been modified.

Last edited by JacksonS,

Svaethier

Trophies
Website
s6.zetaboards.com
XP
Country
United States
had it not have been for the database doesn't exist issue i'm getting after formatting the emunand I probably would be halfway done by now, oh well, just hoping my emunand back up injection worked and can go back into emunand after my computer is done backing up the nintendo3ds folder that is emunand.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://doublepulsar.com/recall-stealing-everything-youve-ever-typed-or-viewed-on-your-own-window...