Tutorial  Updated

OTP Guide

Full Guide Release!

https://plailect.github.io/OTP/

All regions now supported!

If you appreciate this guide and the work I put into maintaining it, I accept donations through both Bitcoin and PayPal.

If you felt like the guide helped you out then I'd really appreciate it! If I get enough I may buy a 2DS for testing hardware stuff so I don't break another N3DS.

If the guide didn't help you out then I'm really sorry about that :(

Last edited by Plailect,

JacksonS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I flashed the downgraded sysNAND.bin. My 3DS is bricked. Again. Maybe there's another issue with Windows.py and the NAND image isn't coming out right? I don't even know anymore.

D

Deleted User

I flashed the downgraded sysNAND.bin. My 3DS is bricked. Again. Maybe there's another issue with Windows.py and the NAND image isn't coming out right? I don't even know anymore.

Don't think so. I did my own workaround and was able to boot to 2.1.0-4U and grab OTP (currently flashing back emu/sys)

Are you flashing back via Decrypt9 or a hardmod?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So if I massively screw up all that I mess up is my emunand, right?

For maybe step 1. Step 2 flashes your adjusted emunand to sysnand. If you did it incorrectly, then you will have a brick.

Chuu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so im about to take the plunge... no hardmod though. I have my sysnand.bin ready to be flashed..

D

Deleted User

Try it via Decrypt 9 first and see if same thing, that and if you were using menuhax, take out your SD after flashing sysNAND otherwise it'll black screen too.

felipejfc

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Followed every word of the tutorial but unfortunatelly i'm bricked... already tried to turn on without sd card and everything :/

D

Deleted User

Don't know what to say for those that bricked? O3DS or N3DS?

The only place I can see things going wrong is in the 2.1 downgrade not completing and then trying to patch that.

Other than the windows.py thing, was able to boot 2.1.0-4U and grab OTP, then used Decrypt9 from the Browser to reflash sysNAND and emuNAND back.

JacksonS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I may offer a de-bricking service to anyone who sends me their console and provides their sysNAND.bin. Seems that might become a little more necessary with this mod, unfortunately.

Reactions: Nikolay

felipejfc

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
N3DS bricked here... by the number of bricks so far (3) I think I should've stick with V1 tutorial...
I'm fucked now to get a hardmod, I live in Brazil(Sao Paulo) and do not know any1 who do that around here...

Do any1 know someone?

Chuu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The only place I can see things going wrong is in the 2.1 downgrade not completing and then trying to patch that.

Other than the windows.py thing, was able to boot 2.1.0-4U and grab OTP, then used Decrypt9 from the Browser to reflash sysNAND and emuNAND back.
How do you know if the downgrade succeed? I know for a fact that my downgrade got past installing Native_firm. i wasnt paying attention and next thing i know, my n3ds rebooted

runetoonxx2

GBATemp's Cancer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

were u on old or new 3ds

Kirino

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i used decrypt9 had a complete downgrade on emunand and did what gunner007 said about windows.py and im bricked on my 2nd new 3ds

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @AncientBoi, yea