Hacking Osu Tatakae Ouendan

illumina

Trophies
XP
Country
Um......
How the hell do you play or understand this game, anyway?

It's all in Japanese! @_@Â
cry.gif

Seems like DDR, but there are no carts out there with english variants of popsongs instead of Japanese?
you don't need to understand the text. just play the game! if you really want to know the story, just try to figure it out with the pictures, they usually explain a little of it

ds6220

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Elite Beat Agents will be the US version of this game.
is it just me or is anyone a little more than concerned about this title? Not the TITLE really, I mean how much fun the game will be if it is completely Americanized. I love America, but one of the things that make Osu so much fun is the wackiness of it and how you pretty much draw your own conclusions as to what is happening (the ghost level is probably better in my mind than what is really being said in dialog. Like a good Opera that you really don't understand) Some of the early screenshots of Agents leave a little to be desired. I will still play it of course, I am just saying is all.
wtf.gif

ds6220

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
plus, what kind of songs would there be? No way would tapping and sliding to the beats of Quiet Riot or Dave Mathews be the same as discovering all that wonderful Japanese pop music.
nyanya.gif

ds6220

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This will be an interesting study of playmechanics Vs. content. Some will tell you it is all about the play mechanics and that as long as it is fun to play and easy to pick up then the rest does not matter. I think it is the whole picture. the play mechanics on the US version will be the same for the most part, but so what if the rest of the game looses it's charm.
mad.gif

ds6220

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On the other hand, it would be nice to play with some new songs. Hopefully there are quirky English songs I don't know about
tongue.gif
That gives me a great idea. don't know if anyone asked this yet but what songs would you all like to see on the US release? Are there songs that you all really like, but are kind of quirky. I can think of some Primus songs that would be kind of fun, maybe some NIN or Radiohead...you know.
unsure.gif

OG LOCC NESS

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Most of the songlist for the US version is already confirmed.
Steriogram - Walkie Talkie Man
Deep Purple - Highway Star
Eve 6 - Inside Out
Ricky Martin - Livin' la Vida Loca
Savage Garden - Truly, Madly, Deeply
Weird Al Yankovic - Hardware Store
Linkin Park - In the End
The Offspring - Hit That
Queens of the Stone Age - Go With the Flow
Kylie Minogue - Locomotion
Guns N' Roses - Sweet Child O' Mine
Barenaked Ladies - One Week

showdown

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, that is NOT a real EBA songlist. ONLY Walkie Talkie Man and Highway Star are confirmed in. Original source was bemanistyle.com, not the place I'd expect something like this to be broken.

Oh, also they wrote this: "[edit] This article may or may not be completely true. Until a full on confirmation is sent out by Nintendo of America, do not take this article as 100% fact."

I'll take it as 0% fact instead, thanks. Well okay, maybe 10% or so since they actually did list those two songs.

ssj4android

Trophies
XP
Country
The rumored song list doesn't look too bad. Hardware Store, In the End, Livin' la Vida Loca, One Week, and Locomotion (if it's simillar to the older version, listing Minogue as the artist is weird.) sound OK.
Of course, I'd really like some Nightwish in the game.
smile.gif

beedog19

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll give a try although as it stands the song list leaves a lot to be desired. I do, however, believe that if they keep the gameplay as solid as it currently is it will overcome a generally weak soundrack. Here's to hoping!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool: @Xdqwerty, about to