Original SSBB not working on my D2CKey USA Wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by ahamade, Mar 18, 2008.

1. ahamade
    OP

ahamade Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 18, 2008
    United States
    Hi guys, I bought SSBB but my wii will not read the disc. I do have a D2CKey installed but I am trying to use my original game. I read about cleaning the lense which I will try. Also I read about calibrating the lense or something like that. Any one can point me in the right direction?

2. Frankdj

Frankdj Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 26, 2007
    Netherlands
    The point is that the original game does NOT work on Wii's with a modchip. As mentioned in a lot of newsarticles in the past months you were able to read that this was the new protection from Nintendo. So in order to play it you either:

1) Have to remove your D2Ckey

2) Backup you SSSB game and brun it on a dual layer disk

3) (Recommended) Download the game and burn it on a dual layer disk

3. Alerek

Alerek GBAtemp Fan

Jan 25, 2008
    United States
    Midwest
    Yeah, You're going to need to run a backup instead...We're all in the same boat, pretty much.

Dont feel cheated though, you still supported the company by buying the game, and that helps out nintendo a lot. Your backup will work just fine [​IMG]

4. cyr0x

cyr0x GBAtemp Regular

Apr 27, 2007
    Gambia, The
    You can't play SSBB with a WIIKEY! Not a modded Wii! Update your chip and play SSBB.

5. Frankdj

Frankdj Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 26, 2007
    Netherlands
    You can't update D2Ckey

... that's the point of the chip, it's unable to update, but has never been detected

6. ahamade
    OP

ahamade Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 18, 2008
    United States
    Thanks guys for the info!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice