Hacking Original Revolution for DS SDHC not correctly loading games

UltimateDSGeek

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an R4 SDHC and a Nintendo DS Lite, not a DSi.

I've installed the classic kernel for it and games didn't load (stuck on black (or sometimes white) screen) and then also used the latest version of Wood and it did exactly the same thing (I hope I can use Wood D: )

I've been trying for the past 3 hours to get it to work, after one hour I got it to work, however I only got one or two games playable.

Most of these games are not new, so I didn't think the Multicart Update by RetroGameFan would work, but even after (trying) to install it, it said Loading really quickly then stuck on a black screen. I've tried clean/non-patched ROMs and all. x.x

Basically I just want my damn Revolution for DS (SDHC) to work with my Nintendo DS Lite. Almost anything that works will make me pleased, however I do have some things I prefer, such as Wood firmware...

Thanks for the effort of the help! Anything works at this point.

Last edited by UltimateDSGeek,

retrogamefan

***DSTT Coder*** ***AP Destroyer***
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
ALWAYS BACKUP your µSD to a backup folder on your PC BEFORE formatting!!!
Have you formatted your µSD with the Panasonic SDFormatter
Use these options to format : FORMAT TYPE : FULL (OverWrite). FORMAT SIZE ADJUSTMENT : ON

Also, what is the website the is written on the front of your cart?

Last edited by retrogamefan,

UltimateDSGeek

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used the Panasonic SDFormatter already a few times, and used the same format options.
There doesn't appear to be a website on the front of my card. Just R4 (Next to it the SDHC logo), then below it 'Revolution for DS (NDSL/NDS), just to pinpoint my card's variant.

I ended up getting it to work with the 1.18 kernel (classic one), but I don't think I can get it to work with Wood after trying about two or three times.

EDIT: By not getting it to work, I meant that I can load wood just fine, but I can't get any games but extremely little to work

EDIT 2: Tried re-formatting then installing Wood 1.62, and the kernel itself loads fine, but only one game (so far) in my list works compared to the classic 1.18 kernel.

EDIT 3: Went back to 1.18 classic, and tried to install YSMenu, but I'm no advanced user so the how-to's are kind of hard to understand. After attempting, the R4SDHC says Loading... for about 2 seconds, then stays at a black screen.

UltimateDSGeek

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I, once again, went back to 1.18 after YSMenu, and now stole the usrcheat.dat from your (retrogamefan) DAT update, however it only shows cheats for the first few games in my list. Do the games need to be clean roms to use cheats?
Looked this one up, don't worry. Still no luck though.

Quick EDIT: Going to go try the one cheat patcher for the kernel, and update then.

UltimateDSGeek

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Didn't work. Here's my card:

r4-ds-sdhc-card_1.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum