Hacking Original R4 DS & Edge in DS mode on DSi XL. Possible?

Miss Panda

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
May I just get some confirmation on the following?

Am I correct in thinking that both the original R4 DS and original Edge flashcarts will NOT work at all on a DSi XL not even in DS mode? I currently own both carts and have a DS Lite. I realise that they obviously cannot run in DSi mode and never will as they are obsolete carts now.

But as I just want the bigger screen to run DS games and DSlibris and ikureader (main purpose is reading ebooks
smile.gif
) if either will work in DS mode on the DSi I'll be happy.

Thanks peoples

PS. I did read the stickys both here and in the respective forums and on the Edge site but am still unclear .
And I am reluctant to pay out for a new flashcart for the DSi XL until the Cyclo iEvo or SuperCardTwo have got some decent firmware revisions out for DSI mode (or a new model of flashcart that is totally dsi'd up!)

Miss Panda

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
A Gay Little Catboy said:
They will not work and they can never work in DS-Mode on the DSi.
If you are worried about price go with one of these cards; Acekard 2i, R4i DSN, or R4i Gold
Thanks very much for the reply. Oh well looks like I'll be splashing out for a new flashcart as well as a DSi XL.
yaynds.gif

Ok so future proof cards SupercardTwo or Cyclo iEvo?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
mabilouz said:
They will not work and they can never work in DS-Mode on the DSi.
If you are worried about price go with one of these cards; Acekard 2i, R4i DSN, or R4i Gold
Thanks very much for the reply. Oh well looks like I'll be splashing out for a new flashcart as well as a DSi XL.
yaynds.gif

Ok so future proof cards SupercardTwo or Cyclo iEvo?
I would suggest investing in a Supercard Two, the iEvo is ok, but it's only promising feature is the DSi-Mode, which just isn't that impressive since most dsi-features aren't that important.

Miss Panda

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I would suggest investing in a Supercard Two, the iEvo is ok, but it's only promising feature is the DSi-Mode, which just isn't that impressive since most dsi-features aren't that important.
Hmmm but if it has dsi features it sounds more future proof. I'm on the middle on this. I'd be grateful if any one has any more input on this.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
mabilouz said:
Hmmm but if it has dsi features it sounds more future proof. I'm on the middle on this. I'd be grateful if any one has any more input on this.
Honestly though the DSTwo has way more power and way more features and honestly the DSi-Mode really just isn't that impressive in the end.
The DSTwo is also cheaper.

The Pi

Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
The lack of properly dumped DSi games along with lack of decent DSi homebrew makes the iEVO a bit sucky, the DSTWO has a built in processor with a decent amount of homebrew.

There's also the possibility that the DSTWO may have DSi mode in the future.

So DSTWO>iEVo in my opinion

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-