Hacking Original PAL GC Black Screens on SoftModded NTSC Wii

requiem_mortis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a soft modded Wii (see sig for details) region free is enabled in PriiLoader.

I seek help to run an Original PAL GameCube Disc (Donkey Konga) on my my US NTSC Wii. At present the game just launches to a black Screen...my TV displays the resolution it is attempting to display... as the game starts to load it briefly shows 570i then quickly changes to 480P and then nothing the Wii hangs with a Black Screen, necessitating a Hard Reset to recover.

I have tried launching from the Disc Channel ...USB Loader GX and NeoGamma Rev 9 (37 Beta) with various options to no avail. I have to admit it was just trial and error on the NeoGamma settings as I have no Idea what values I should be setting.

I have performed some searching and found this which may have relevance to my problem 'WiiPower' posting.

#3174624 "The used cIOS, some cIOS cause issues for gamecube games, cIOS37rev19 and cIOS56rev20 are known to be good for gamecube games"

I suspect that I may need to modify either the currently existing cIOS's I have installed or add a cMIOS.

Any assitance would be greatly appreciated.

kezza825

Trophies
XP
Country
try installing cIOS35rev19 and cMIOS v10 and also why not just use the disc channel if you are launching an original gamecube game? :S

chonka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
your much better off loading the game through geckoOS, takes care of all video mode stuff, which is good especially since there is no GC VM hack for newer wii firmwares.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Try the crap cables, some games don't like progressive video mode.

Anyways, try the latest NeoGamma:
http://gbatemp.net/t219243-neogamma-r9-beta-test
with the recommend cMIOS installed. That cMIOS is important as it allows you to play retail gamecube games from disc channel as usual and also allows to run gamecube homebrew, which the NeoGamma gamecube loader is. You only need to test GC mode 'MIOS' and 'internal' each with different video mode settings, the rest of the options shouldn't matter for you.

If it still doesn't work, disable EVERYTHING gamecube related in priiloader and try again, some of these hacks just mess stuff up and do nothing else.

chonka said:
your much better off loading the game through geckoOS, takes care of all video mode stuff, which is good especially since there is no GC VM hack for newer wii firmwares.

NeoGamma might be better for gamecube retail discs, Gecko OS doesn't enable the audio streaming correctly for some games.

requiem_mortis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks to all replies.

I have updated my Wii
Re-installed Sytem cIOS 60 with all patches
Updated HBC to 1.08
Re-Installed PriiLoader now ver 4 installed same hacks as before (but now use sysmenu IOS 60)
[N.B. PiiLoader won't launch HomeBrew Channel now !!!)
using the Link provided by WiiPower - Intsalled cMIOS (used CMIOSWiiGator0.2 with MIOS10)
I also updated cIOSRev20b Slot 249 using IOS56 as base.

Launching from Disc Channel still fails with a black screen :
NeoGamma R9 - beta37 [Iwill replace the dol tonight] but it works with settings
internal
VideoPatch - Disc

MIOS fails.

Still all in all a good nights work thanks again for your support.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If NeoGamma with GC mode MIOS fails no matter which video mode you select, i fear your chance getting it to work from disc channel is near 0. If NeoGamma just boots MIOS, there's an audio streaming issue which could cause this, but in this case i would expect the system menu to just boot it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o