Original M3i Zero works on 3ds!

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by bobostar, Sep 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sep 23, 2011
  1. bobostar
    OP

Newcomer bobostar Member

Canada
    Hi all!
    I just wanted to report that I have one of the older M3i Zero cards (not the M3i Zero GMP-Z003) and I updated my 3DS to version 2.1.0-4U. I've had the card for years now, got it for my DSi. Anyway, I tested it out on my 3DS today and much to my amazement, it works. I've read nothing but posts from people saying it won't work with the latest firmware but I can confirm that mine does.

I tested three games out on it:
    Scrabble
    Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective
    Dragon Quest the Hand of the Heavenly Bride

Scrabble and Ghost Trick worked no problem but I couldn't get Dragon Quest to load past the opening credits but I had the same problem with that game on my DSi.

Before using the M3i Zero, I downloaded the latest update for the card (http://www.handheldsources.net/M3DS/Download_M3DSR.html) and used the little usb cable thingy to update the flashcard.

Anyway, I just wanted to let people know in case anyone was like me and had just bought a 3DS and was about to go get another flashcard for it thinking their M3i card wouldn't work.

It does! [​IMG]

2. Keylogger

Member Keylogger GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

France
    DSi firmware 1.4.3 was released later than 3DS version 2.1.0-4U.

So, it works on the 3DS but not on the DSi 1.4.3

3. Crystal the Glaceon

Member Crystal the Glaceon GBAtemp Inkling™ Squishies~

Antarctica
    It is not the firmware (core for some reason) that determines if the games work, it is the kernel (Sakura, Touchpod, YSM3, ect.) determines the game compatibility.
    Also old news is old

4. Vulpes Abnocto

Former Staff Vulpes Abnocto Drinks, Knows Things

United States
    Okay, so this is now the THIRD thread you've made about this particular subject.
    p1ng was absolutely correct, I closed your first thread because there is already a discussion thread for this.
    Catboy has now pointed you toward it twice.

So please use the established thread for this discussion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.