Hardware Original 3DS - Best Accessories ? Grip ? Battery Boost ? Case ? Travel Bag ?

timtimFR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello folks,

I was wondering : Do you know what are the best accessories to use with an original 3DS (not the XL) ?

Indeed, I would like to use it as often as possible, when I travel and I wanted to know what I should be looking for, to enjoy it as much as I can ?

What is the best case to carry the console ?
What is the best grip to use with it ? Silicon Grip ?
Is that a good thing to add an extra battery pack, to double the battery lifetime ?

Thank you,
Tim

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
Accessories tend to ignore that there are other accessories which exist.

Addons like grips ignore the use of battery packs, they occupy the same area as the extended battery. Forcing you to choose between one or the other. Extended batteries and grips make having crystal shells also pointless, etc.

The best carrying cases are mostly dependent on your other accessories like if you got a grip or shell. Some cases will have the bare minimum space available for the console only, making extended batteries and grips pointless to use with such cases.

How you also use a handheld will mostly determine what type of accessories you will want to get. Without any clear goal what you want out of the handheld will only net you vauge answers.

Do you plan to play for very long periods of time? Or do you travel alot and is not close to an outlet, etc?
Do you just want to comfortable hold the handheld?
Do you just want to carry everything like a packrat, etc?

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
An extended battery would be your best accessory to use.

Finding a nyko battery will be hard to find. You might find a mugen or similar on amazon. They are likely several years old so battery life will not be what is listed.

Nyko battery pack was around 20 bucks when it was released and mugen was 80 or so. With the OG 3DS no longer being sold, your likely to see price gouging on accessories for the OG 3DS.

on amazon.ca, the nyko battery pack is still around 20 bucks.

nyko battery pack: https://www.amazon.ca/Nyko-82100-Po...L6/ref=olp_product_details?_encoding=UTF8&me=
CS 5000mAh: https://www.amazon.ca/5000mAh-Batte...72/ref=olp_product_details?_encoding=UTF8&me=

Last edited by how_do_i_do_that,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!