Hacking Ordered an R4.. Where can i get Tosh/Kings 1g JAP?

Electricview

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No offense for saying Jap instead of japanese, ran out of topic space lol...

Anyways I decided off everyones opinion here to order my FIRST ds flash card, in the R4 from gameyeeeah, no clue when it will be here.. i'm in washington, order it last week.. ANYWAYS I tried ordering a Kingston 1gig Micro SD from Meritline on thursday, it came last night, it was TAIWAN i knew that would happen cuz i have crapy luck.. so on ebay it goes.. Do you guys know where i might be able to get a Japanese made King/Tosh 1GB MicrSD for not too much? 10-15bucks would be great, but i need a place that definatey has the J version cuz i'm tired of my bad luck screwing me over...
frown.gif

Electricview

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Done! WOOT thanks!..

OH one quick question, i notice they have the 2gig Japanese version as well, only 30 bucks (a bit more yeah)...
Has anyone here tried and made any conclusions as weather the 2gig is just as fast? I've heard that more space = slower access times.. Am i just safer with 1gig?

XeroRestraint

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Done! WOOT thanks!..

OH one quick question, i notice they have the 2gig Japanese version as well, only 30 bucks (a bit more yeah)...
Has anyone here tried and made any conclusions as weather the 2gig is just as fast? I've heard that more space = slower access times.. Am i just safer with 1gig?
You are correct that greater capacity ==> longer access times. The Japanese mfr. Kingston 2G's, however, are just about the fastest you'll find at that capacity. I haven't heard many problems with them. I just ordered a 2G Kingston w/ free USB adapter (hopefully better than the R4 one) for $27.90 w/ free shipping @ Meritline.com

TaMs

Randomizer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
so are japanese memorycards so much better than taiwanese? :s

Mehdi

Lemonade by Psyfira
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
yeah for ds roms it is. For example castlevania POR supposedly doesnt work wel on Taiwan memory cards.

Electricview

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Also from reading some searches in this forum, there have been troubles even with Japanese made 2gig sticks from Kingston, so i went ahead and just ordered the 1gig.. is this dealextreme place in hong kong too? Now i have a feeling i'm going to get my R4 first cuz i ordered it last tuesday! lol... no big deal i guess i can stare at it for a few days untill the memory card arrives..

Does anyone know if these new R4's no longer have the spring issue? I'm hoping to get a lot of good use out of mine!

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hmm, i thought that all kingstons were japanese... mine came from taiwan, still said that it was made in japane, still worked on my R4. in fact both my 1GB AND 2GB work, they came from the same place lol. and my friends that i ordered for them dont seem to be having any trouble either...

oh, and my spring hasnt broken yet, had mine over like 2 or 3 months now and its been in and out at least once a day lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Wish they would let us play the NCAA football 14 on newer xbox, its one of the only games I love...