Ordered an R4.. Where can i get Tosh/Kings 1g JAP?

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by Electricview, Sep 5, 2007.

1. Electricview
    OP

Newcomer Electricview Member

No offense for saying Jap instead of japanese, ran out of topic space lol...

Anyways I decided off everyones opinion here to order my FIRST ds flash card, in the R4 from gameyeeeah, no clue when it will be here.. i'm in washington, order it last week.. ANYWAYS I tried ordering a Kingston 1gig Micro SD from Meritline on thursday, it came last night, it was TAIWAN i knew that would happen cuz i have crapy luck.. so on ebay it goes.. Do you guys know where i might be able to get a Japanese made King/Tosh 1GB MicrSD for not too much? 10-15bucks would be great, but i need a place that definatey has the J version cuz i'm tired of my bad luck screwing me over... [​IMG]

2. Icarus

Member Icarus fire walk with me

United States
    www.dealextreme.com

I got mine from here without any problems and I received it in 6 days.

3. Electricview
    OP

Done! WOOT thanks!..

OH one quick question, i notice they have the 2gig Japanese version as well, only 30 bucks (a bit more yeah)...
    Has anyone here tried and made any conclusions as weather the 2gig is just as fast? I've heard that more space = slower access times.. Am i just safer with 1gig?

4. XeroRestraint

Member XeroRestraint GBAtemp Regular

United States
    You are correct that greater capacity ==> longer access times. The Japanese mfr. Kingston 2G's, however, are just about the fastest you'll find at that capacity. I haven't heard many problems with them. I just ordered a 2G Kingston w/ free USB adapter (hopefully better than the R4 one) for $27.90 w/ free shipping @ Meritline.com

5. TaMs

Member TaMs Randomizer

Finland
    so are japanese memorycards so much better than taiwanese? :s

6. HBK

Member HBK Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)

Portugal
    They are generally faster, yes, and I believe the build quality is better.

7. Mehdi

Member Mehdi Lemonade by Psyfira

Netherlands
    yeah for ds roms it is. For example castlevania POR supposedly doesnt work wel on Taiwan memory cards.

8. Electricview
    OP

Also from reading some searches in this forum, there have been troubles even with Japanese made 2gig sticks from Kingston, so i went ahead and just ordered the 1gig.. is this dealextreme place in hong kong too? Now i have a feeling i'm going to get my R4 first cuz i ordered it last tuesday! lol... no big deal i guess i can stare at it for a few days untill the memory card arrives..

Does anyone know if these new R4's no longer have the spring issue? I'm hoping to get a lot of good use out of mine!

9. ZeWarrior

Member ZeWarrior TheWarrior

Brazil
    Taiwan cards usually WRITEs faster but Japanese cards usually READs faster..

10. mikeyt1998

Member mikeyt1998 YouTube Glitcher

United Kingdom
    hmm, i thought that all kingstons were japanese... mine came from taiwan, still said that it was made in japane, still worked on my R4. in fact both my 1GB AND 2GB work, they came from the same place lol. and my friends that i ordered for them dont seem to be having any trouble either...

oh, and my spring hasnt broken yet, had mine over like 2 or 3 months now and its been in and out at least once a day lol.

11. Hiratai

Banned Hiratai I'm like *tick* *tick*

United States
    I can send you a 2gb Kingston for 40USD.

12. Samutz

Member Samutz Wet Tissue Sample

United States