Hacking ORDERED AN IEDGE CARD..TURNED OUT TO BE FAKE!

meichong

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes you are right- the price i paid is not much different to the price of the genuine one. Im going to email them to see if i can get a refund

meichong

Trophies
XP
Country
It would seem shoptemp is the best place to get it- I bought one last night for around £13 which is cheaper than any of the uk based places and the website said it would take around 2-5 weeks. I think it may be less than that- I will post back when i eventually receive it

DSAndi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
bootsofadp said:

Bit of an update regarding the site mentioned here:

It also goes by the name - www.r4cards.co.uk

www.r4cards.co.uk and www.r4i.co.uk are one and the same

AVOID unless you want fake carts

They have a big network of r4 spelling websites. Also www.r4-karte.de and r4karte.de plus r4ikarte.de i think Zoombits.de.

They lie and scam you, i told em about the fake R4 they selling because they qoute on all sites " we only sell genuine R4 cards, beware of imitations" but said the r4 cards they sell are genuine. So they well aware that they sell fakes.
That alone should have avoded you to buy from there, because there are no genuine R4 in the market anymore.
Didnt actually wonder me they sell fake iedge too and i bet there is a high chance they sell Fake M3i Zeros too.

The news of fake iedge cards is also pretty old. It was discovered already on Febuary the 12th by member niu. http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=208391
I did send edge support in febuary already an email with this but i guess they didnt care.
I really wonder that member Darkway postet old news almost 1,5 months later in user submitted news.
I guess a lot ppl here need to learn to read more carefully, but yeah i know its to hard for most.

joe2001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, I got an email from r4i.co.uk when I thought there was something wrong with the card they asked me to return the item for an exchange. So I decided to emailed them back and told them of my findings ie "I have a clone & I know its a clone" sort of thing . Another email from them asking me if I wanted a replacement or refund. Iam going for the latter, as I have ordered a ( I hope! ) genuine one from Xpertron - who are on Edge's list of suppliers.

Will keep you informed.

PS This is the first time Ive had problems from these people and I have had quite a few bits & pieces from them.

spud1962

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well. I've just posted my (clone) card back to www.r4i.co.uk (jersey) using their
free post label (upgraded to royal mail recorded for an extra 74p, just in case.)

I asked for a full refund. Lets see what happens
unsure.gif
. I will post details of the outcome asap.

bootsofadp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
spud1962 said:
Take a look at this (scam?) too!

http://www.edgedscards.co.uk/where-to-buy

They have a link up claiming that www.r4i.co.uk sell GENUINE cards
No doubt they, as an affiliate, get paid for clicking through their link.

I've just e-mailed them to let them know. Let's see if they remove the link!

I will post their reply as soon as (or if) I get one!

Nice one spud1962!!!

Just checked on their site - the link for www.r4i.co.uk HAS been removed

Fair play to them
bow.gif

QUOTE(joe2001 @ Apr 8 2010, 08:14 PM) Well, I got an email from r4i.co.uk when I thought there was something wrong with the card they asked me to return the item for an exchange. So I decided to emailed them back and told them of my findings ie "I have a clone & I know its a clone" sort of thing . Another email from them asking me if I wanted a replacement or refund. Iam going for the latter, as I have ordered a ( I hope! ) genuine one from Xpertron - who are on Edge's list of suppliers.

Will keep you informed.

PS This is the first time Ive had problems from these people and I have had quite a few bits & pieces from them.

Just sent mine back for a refund as well which hopefully i will receive - fingers crossed!!

A couple of months ago, i used the site for an Acekard 2i and received a genuine one - maybe i was just lucky that time

I certainly won't be using them again after this EDGE card debacle though

spud1962

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
spud1962 said:
Take a look at this (scam?) too!

http://www.edgedscards.co.uk/where-to-buy

They have a link up claiming that www.r4i.co.uk sell GENUINE cards
No doubt they, as an affiliate, get paid for clicking through their link.

I've just e-mailed them to let them know. Let's see if they remove the link!

I will post their reply as soon as (or if) I get one!

I have today (9/4/10) received an apology from the webmaster at www.edgedscards.co.uk
who has now removed the "banner link" and endorsement regarding www.r4i.co.uk.
bow.gif

spud1962

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
meichong said:
Hello everyone,

I received my Edgei card yesterday from R4i.co.uk and spent the whole evening trying to get it setup- and today i discovered it is a fake. Im very annoyed as I was led to believe this is a genuine card seller. The fact that the back of the packaging and the Live chat directed me to the fake edge website (edgei-ds.com) says it all really. However, my boyfriend has helped me to get this fake card working- you need to go into the fake site and download the EdgeOS (v1.8) by clicking on one of the download adresses. Then extract the file and copy the .dat file and _edgei file to your SD card. Then copy your games onto there and put it into the edge card and into your DS.The Interface is very different to the genuine one and games do work. However, I would like to know if there is anything else significantly different to the genuine one?- or if i should just keep this fake card?

I didn't get the card up and running myself, but I've read from many who have, that it's a bag of SH*TE!
( not worth the money r4i charged ) Mine is on its way back to R4i Jersey, for a full refund.

splott

Trophies
XP
Country
R4i.co.uk are offering return and refund under their normal returns policy. They are a bit in denial about the status of the cards they have. However, I had no problem getting an email reply within 24 hours and an RMA label, its freepost too. Question now is can I be bothered to send the dodgy card back. It works (at the moment)

I see the dodgy edgei site have updated the firmware again today, I'll try it later and see if it gets any less clunky.

I've bought other stuff from R4 and their other sites in the past and they have always been responsive and quick, agree they've got this wrong and there are better places to get the cards from.

Disrupts

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was actually about to buy there but their prices were too high instead I checked out 0shippingzone which has genuine ones (I have a picture) $17.25 with free shipping.. I also checked out one other site but they were still to expensive.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
before jumping to conclusions about shops trying to rip people off, you should know that not everyone is fully knowledged on all carts, I've seen shops where they simply made mistakes. this scene is quite large and there's a lot of things to know. A cart such as the iEDGE is not exactly the most popular one around, even though its quite solid.

I'm sure that all shops make mistakes, even ShopTemp will... so don't be too quick to judge
smile.gif

edit: Shoptemp confirmed that they are selling real iEDGE cards, not clones

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well, the first mistake anyone probably made here is thinking it was a good idea to order from a place that calls itself "The dedicated R4/R4i website". They may have some decent product, who knows, but there are other, much more reliable shops out there (including ShopTemp, now; although it wasn't in time to do the OP any good). There are so many people now who try to use the R4's recognizable name to sell mediocre garbage and fake clones, it's really better off to just avoid such stores.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
zuron7 said:
Everyone stop trying out some weird chinese Websites.
Use only Shop Temp.
The site people are refering to is in the UK, not China. Those who have ordered from them are also in the UK.

As for ShopTemp, they ship from HongKong (CHINA). As do 0ShippingZone and GameKool, both of whom are well respected on here.

It's quite possible they got stiched up by their supplier, and didn't intentionally order clones.

DSAndi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Costello said:
before jumping to conclusions about shops trying to rip people off, you should know that not everyone is fully knowledged on all carts, I've seen shops where they simply made mistakes. this scene is quite large and there's a lot of things to know. A cart such as the iEDGE is not exactly the most popular one around, even though its quite solid.

I'm sure that all shops make mistakes, even ShopTemp will... so don't be too quick to judge
smile.gif

Well its not conclusions for the R4 they qoute "we only sell genuine R4" while its known there are no more genuine R4 on sale for quite some time.
Also if i run a shop with this products i should know what i sell, what it can do and know the manufactor.
If i cant see if a produkt is fake or real then i should not sell thease products. If buyers report they got fake cards they should not just say our cards are all genuine, but instead look into it.
So far with only the sentance "we only sell genuine R4 " they lie to every custumer that visits that site.

BurlyEd

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Disrupts said:
I was actually about to buy there but their prices were too high instead I checked out 0shippingzone which has genuine ones (I have a picture) $17.25 with free shipping.. I also checked out one other site but they were still to expensive.
+1 for 0shippingzone.
I received mine 14 days after my order. 1.4U compatible firmware was already installed. They even included a free stylus.

grog.gif
lecture.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Nighty night