ROM Hack [ORAS] Bust May Mod Patches

GLBlackFire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Can someone Help me with a Omega ruby version? Reisyukaku's instructions a far too short. at least for me. i tried it with the guide on Gamebanana but it was at some points too confusing for me.

Edit: Figured it out. It was far easier at the end as i thought. Luma is a great help. But the Serena mods doesn´t work. at least not on GER/EUR version of X.

Last edited by GLBlackFire,

GLBlackFire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Can you elaborate on this method more? I have Garc tool and when I select the folder "romFS" in the luma folder it just "unpacks" the file and leaves it in the folder I selected the file in.

You need following tools:
  • Batch CIA 3DS Decryptor
  • Garctool
  • a decrypted version of the game (google it. may take a while but you will find it)
  • The Mod files.
Instructions (Overworld sprite first)
  1. Use the Batch CIA 3DS Decryptor (i think instructions how to came with it)
  2. goto the folder "xxxplaceholder-for-your-folderstructurexxx\ExtractedRomFS\a\0\2" and take the file 1 into garctool
  3. press and hold cntrl-Button on you keyboard (for me in germany its Strg) then click on the process-button in Garctool.
  4. a new folder will appear. open it.
  5. now go to the folder with your mod files "xxxplaceholder-for-your-folderstructurexxx\BustyMayMod\OW\" and do it on the two files in a similar way (without ctrl).
  6. new files without the "dec_" in the name should appear. and the old ones with it will be deleted automaticly.
  7. make backups of the files you want to replace with your mod-files, if you want, then copy the mod-files in the folder "xxxplaceholder-for-your-folderstructurexxx\ExtractedRomFS\a\0\2\1_"
  8. leave the folder and drag it in garctool
  9. click on process. when its finnished, a file named "1_.garc" should have be appeared.
  10. delete the file "1"
  11. erase "_.garc" from the "1_.garc" file
  12. repeat it for the other file and use the folder "xxxplaceholder-for-your-folderstructurexxx\ExtractedRomFS\a\1\3" and the file "3" in it instead, aswell the Folder "xxxplaceholder-for-your-folderstructurexxx\BustyMayMod\Battle" with its file.
  13. after that create/goto the following folders: "xxxyoursdroot\luma\titles\000400000011C400\romfs\a\0\2" and "xxxyoursdroot\luma\titles\000400000011C400\romfs\a\1\3"
  14. put the file 1 in the first folder (a\0\2) and the file 3 in the second folder (a\1\3)
  15. (only old 3DS) put the sd back in your console and power it on | (only new 3ds) close microsd management and go back into your home menu.
  16. it may help to enable the plugin loader.
  17. start the game (it works even with newest game update and on cardridge and download)

NOTE: The most important the mod-file is "dec_20" for your battlesprite. this sprite is not only for battles, its for cutscenes and you trainer-pass image too. only this file is the one with more wood.

the overworld files only edit the colors and i think your outfit. its just color and nothing more.

funfact: if you use your omega ruby-save on alpha sapphire after you saved at the time where the extreme heat is on, the heat will stay forever. even after defeating kyogre.

Attachments

• funfact.png
    funfact.png
    73.5 KB · Views: 468
Reactions: kyroooon

GLBlackFire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

kyroooon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
EDIT: This is pretty much obsolete, you can look on "that iso site" for the full .cias
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've just made some xDelta patches for Star Sapphire 1.1 to add Reisyukaku's Bust May Mod. Just download xDelta GUI and add the patch that you want to Star Sapphire 1.1's cia, which can be found on that iso site on a thread called "Pokemon 3DS hacks collection"
. (None of this patches work on the original Pokemon Alpha Sapphire cia)
The original Star Sapphire 1.1's cia's MD5 is this one: f2c9380e1a34676f38af3c88a5f61789
(MD5 of the uncompressed cia file, not the zip file)

Links:

Patch to Star Sapphire + Bust May Mod (Final result is Star Sapphire mod + Bust May Mod)

Patch to Original Pokemon Alpha Sapphire + Busty May Mod (Final result is Original Alpha Sapphire + Bust May Mod)

Credits to Reisyukaku (Busty May mod creator), DioVento (Star Sapphire mod creator) and Asia81 (rom decrypting tutorial)
i cannot patch

Cailino

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
So... uh, can anyone tell me how you actually install this patch? I already have a .3ds and .cia of the star sapphire rom, but I don't know what I'm suppossed to do with the xdelta file

Reactions: hyenadingo

anotherthing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So... uh, can anyone tell me how you actually install this patch? I already have a .3ds and .cia of the star sapphire rom, but I don't know what I'm suppossed to do with the xdelta file
You need xdelta:

https://www.romhacking.net/utilities/598/

Unzip xdelta to a directory. Put the CIA with the same MD5 as the one mentioned in the original post in the same directory as xdelta, and the patch. Run xdeltaUI.exe(which is a front end for xdelta.exe so it needs to be in the directory as well). Just fill in the files it asks for and hit "Patch".

Cailino

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Unzip xdelta to a directory. Put the CIA with the same MD5 as the one mentioned in the original post in the same directory as xdelta, and the patch. Run xdeltaUI.exe(which is a front end for xdelta.exe so it needs to be in the directory as well). Just fill in the files it asks for and hit "Patch".
Just to be sure here, the patch file is the xdelta and for the source and output file i should just choose the star sapphire .cia file, right?

Edit: Just ignore the above. I was doing it right but I get an error saying the md5 is wrong. How do i check the md5 of an cia file?

Cailino

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
In the Command Prompt on Windows:

certutil -hashfile <file> MD5
Thank you. Unfortuately it seems like my .cia file has the wrong md5 :/ Do you have any tips on how to get the right version? I do already have a normal alpha sapphire cartridge and a 3ds with custom firmware, if that's necessary.

anotherthing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't help you there. The original post says it's a patch for "Star Sapphire 1.1", which I'm guessing is a ROM Hack, so this is a ROM Hack for a ROM Hack?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: There has to be some mutual agreement with them all anything over $600 is just pc territory