Homebrew [opinion wanted]something i noticed while checking for NJH2.0

wsh1994

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
well, this morning while checking on the Nnjhax 2.0 status on smeas twitter i read he will delay it because of Satoru Iwata had passed away. The next moment i wanted to check out what nintendo Benelux stated about his death and this is what i noticed.

1. Smea does something out of respect for Iwata.
2. on Nintendo.nl nothing to be found (yet) nada, niente

this means that nintendo is later on adding a memorial page then smealum, one of the people who's creations they fight. does this actually mean the scene has more respect for him then the international branches of his own company?

your opinion pls

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Grieving for their fallen leader is something they do internally. They don't gush in public, especially not since they are a Japanese company and public displays of emotion are considered uncouth.

Theirs is a different culture than yours and mine, learn to understand them and not jump to conclusions that they don't care.

wsh1994

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i see, well still noting on NL twitter tho :( kinda makes me feel like NOE doesnt care... although i know thats probably not true

capz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
well, this morning while checking on the Nnjhax 2.0 status on smeas twitter i read he will delay it because of Satoru Iwata had passed away. The next moment i wanted to check out what nintendo Benelux stated about his death and this is what i noticed.

1. Smea does something out of respect for Iwata.
2. on Nintendo.nl nothing to be found (yet) nada, niente

this means that nintendo is later on adding a memorial page then smealum, one of the people who's creations they fight. does this actually mean the scene has more respect for him then the international branches of his own company?

your opinion pls
Nintendo of NL is a sub of Europe, which is a sub of Nintendo of Japan. All they do is maintain their crappy ancient website, distribute hard and software, provide customer support. Ie. they are only doing what they are told thru nintendo of europe/germany which will start doing things when nintendo of japan has completed translation of their japanese message to english, which is then to still be translated to dutch. Game developers have a similar problem with translation waiting times and generally too much bureaucracy. Nintendo of NL even has to go and ask for permission (and wait for a reply) Nintendo of Europe if they want to do ANYTHING on their own initiative

on top of that, what the other people wrote about this not being news all gamers need to know. Don't this sort of announcement usually come from the family?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Probably just meth fries