[opinion wanted]something i noticed while checking for NJH2.0

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by wsh1994, Jul 13, 2015.

1. wsh1994
    OP

wsh1994 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 12, 2015
    Netherlands
    Ede
    well, this morning while checking on the Nnjhax 2.0 status on smeas twitter i read he will delay it because of Satoru Iwata had passed away. The next moment i wanted to check out what nintendo Benelux stated about his death and this is what i noticed.

1. Smea does something out of respect for Iwata.
    2. on Nintendo.nl nothing to be found (yet) nada, niente

this means that nintendo is later on adding a memorial page then smealum, one of the people who's creations they fight. does this actually mean the scene has more respect for him then the international branches of his own company?

your opinion pls

2. zoogie

zoogie simple pimp tool

Nov 30, 2014
    United States
    Grieving for their fallen leader is something they do internally. They don't gush in public, especially not since they are a Japanese company and public displays of emotion are considered uncouth.

Theirs is a different culture than yours and mine, learn to understand them and not jump to conclusions that they don't care.

Hashtastrophe, mrolive and TecXero like this.
  3. TheCruel

TheCruel Developer

Banned
    Dec 6, 2013
    United States
  4. wsh1994
    OP

wsh1994 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 12, 2015
    Netherlands
    Ede
    i see, well still noting on NL twitter tho :( kinda makes me feel like NOE doesnt care... although i know thats probably not true

5. pdapanda

pdapanda GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 19, 2014
    Switzerland
  6. capz

capz Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 28, 2014
    Netherlands
    cake town
    Nintendo of NL is a sub of Europe, which is a sub of Nintendo of Japan. All they do is maintain their crappy ancient website, distribute hard and software, provide customer support. Ie. they are only doing what they are told thru nintendo of europe/germany which will start doing things when nintendo of japan has completed translation of their japanese message to english, which is then to still be translated to dutch. Game developers have a similar problem with translation waiting times and generally too much bureaucracy. Nintendo of NL even has to go and ask for permission (and wait for a reply) Nintendo of Europe if they want to do ANYTHING on their own initiative

on top of that, what the other people wrote about this not being news all gamers need to know. Don't this sort of announcement usually come from the family?

7. Vague Rant

Vague Rant Deceptively cute

Aug 7, 2008
    Melbourne
    ITT: The only way to respectfully mourn people is to immediately crow about it on Twitter. Whoever gets first cared the most.